Wednesday 18 September 2024

Autumn Distress Ink card (pt 1)

 



Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

Another beautiful day here yesterday,  although it felt quite chilly in the house though. It's lovely to hear that you are all enjoying some time in your gardens. 

I had a play with Distress Inks and Distress Oxides yesterday,  I decided to make an Autumnal version of this card......

I used Distress inks Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade & Fossilised Amber to create the warm autumn background, I spritzed with water and then dried with heat tool before stamping the 'Leafy Swirls' stamp in Versamark ink and adding gold embossing powder and heat set. 

The sentiment is a Tim Holtz stamp that I stamped onto a off cut of the background and stampef and embossed in gold, I matted that onto a piece of kraft card to tie it into the background. 

I hope the sun shines on you all today, 

Love & hugs to all of you,  

Sandra xxx 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I love the warm oranges and rusts The gold embossing really sets it off and makes it very autumnal I must play with embossing powders more often
    I’m off to the dentist today I’m feeling exceptionally nervous because I am visiting a new practice Luckily I have managed to find an NHS dentist within walking distance My current one is going private So , originally I thought if I have to go private I might as well go to one that’s closer to home but they’ve just taken on an NHS dentist! How lucky is that!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a wonderful card. I love the gorgeous colours you have used, they are definitely all things autumn. I hope to see you soon my lovely xx
    Karen, I hope your visit to the new dentist went well. Our NHS practice that we have been going to for nearly 40 years went private last year and there are no spaces for NHS patients around us. How are your gorgeous grandsons getting on? Xx
    I’ve had a quiet day as I’m not feeling so good at the moment. I hope you all have a good day. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your beautiful autumnal card, and yesterday’s too 😍
    Glad you’re back at your craft desk ☺️
    One more work day to go, then I’m off and in holiday mode. We’re off to Wales on Saturday. I’m so looking forward to the break and a change of scenery. Sadly the weather isn’t looking good, so I’ll probably be sitting in the hot tub with my umbrella ☔️😂
    Hope you’re all keeping well
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beautiful colour you have used for this card, it will definitely stand out in the crowd, the card is gorgeous.
    Hope it have had a good day and a relaxing evening 😘
    Take care everyone, hugs .Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Stunning card, I love the colours.
    Karen, hope the dentist went well.
    Sue, hope you felt better as the day went.
    Sonia, fingers crossed that the weather be alright for your holiday but maybe it is cosy to be in the hot tub with an umbrella 🤒 ☔
    I turned around in bed last night and my back went so have had a day of hell. Pain meds and rubs have made it a little better but still painful 😣 hoping tho to make a card tomorrow.
    Sending hugs to you all, take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete