Thursday 5 September 2024

Paul's Birthday card from Sonia

 




Good Morning Ladies, 

We had a rainy day yesterday,  pretty much all day, they need it round here as there are in the midst of another drought,  which is why Olive Oil has more than doubled in price, we thought it might be cheaper here but it isn't,  its as expensive but you can get nicer quality for the same price as Aldi's basic one (around £7), so I think we'll bring a couple of bottles home.

It was lovely to have a do nothing day,  everyone was sat reading,  Lucy is reading Richard Osmond (pointless)  Murder Club series, Sophie isn't much of a reader but decided to change that and has read 3 of the Harry Potter books already,  Paul reads David Baldacci , it took me 2 weeks to finish my Miriam Margoleyes book, it was so long, she didn't hide her true opinions of people and named them too, she has had a fun life, I hadn't realised that she grew up in Oxford.  I am now on a 'Saucy Romance'  we always laugh because the story line is pretty much always the same but they are an easy read.              The rain stopped at around 5pm, I suggested we go to the beach to see if the sea had got rougher after the storm,  Lucy and I had a paddle and it felt relatively warm, probably because the sun wasn't out, it was still around 22°,  so I had the crazy idea of 'lets get changed and have a swim '  Paul and Soph seemed a little reluctant but they all decided to go for it, so we git changed and all went it, of course the minute we got in the waves got 10 times bigger, it was fun though and we stayed in about an hour!  It was a fun end to the day, we got out because the sky went really dark with storm clouds.   As I am writing this (10pm) there is a huge storm over the mountains,  the lightning is giving usca great show, no rain here yet though. 

Today I am sharing the lovely card that Sonia made for Paul for his Birthday,  I love the simplicity of the shaded background and that sentiment die is amazing,  the top layer of the die cut is super sparkly glitter card, that works so well with the grey inked background. 

Thank you so much for such a lovely card Sonia XXX

I hope that you all have a good day, 

Love & Hugs 

Sandra XXX


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Sonia A great one for the men
    I’m not much of a reader either but do try to read when I go to bed for 10 minutes or so
    I can thoroughly recommend “Lessons in Chemistry” by Bonnie Garmus and the District Nurses series by Annie Groves - easy reads
    We have a ladies night at the bowls club - Pizza and Prosecco with a little game of carpet bowls too
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Sorry I’ve not been in the last couple of days, work has been manic and I’m feeling shattered! Our holiday can’t come soon enough.
    The cards have been beautiful, and thank you for sharing mine today ☺️
    The weather has taken a turn for the worst here, heavy downpours today which look set to last over the weekend 😕
    Hope everyone is well and having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. A lovely card, perfect for the men.
    I’m glad you got another swim in and I wish I could have seen the storm you had. We haven’t had any decent thunder or lightning for ages. Fingers crossed the weather is good for you my lovely xx
    It has been very wet and dull here all day. Had to dig out my slippers as my feet were really cold earlier. I’ve been ironing and catching up on some housework today so very boring.
    I hope everyone had a more interesting time than I did. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete