Wednesday 21 February 2024



 Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

Well yesterday was one of those acheive nothing days!! I had a rough night because I was subconsciously worrying about Paul, he had a good night sleep though and woke to his alarm at 5am feeling 'ok', he said he felt better after having breakfast, which was a relief,  I felt relaxed then so thought I'd get another couple hours sleep,  I finished my cup of tea, went to bathroom and got back into bed, ready to snuggle down, plumped up my pillow,  laid my head down and then my phone rang,  7am ish !!  He had his electric trip off on Monday at around 7pm,  which we had discussed at length at the time, he had called an out of hours electrician,  so didn't sleep waiting for a call back, when he called me at 7am he still hadn't heard, so I told him to call them again and explain that he had been without electricity for over 12 hours.  He managed to get through and someone came out at around 11am, it turned out to be a major problem and they have to come back next week to lift carpet and floorboards in the bedroom and replace parts of the wiring!  By lunchtime I thought 'peace at last', about an hour later I was sat at my desk ready to craft and phone rang again, this time it was because his boiler wouldn't re-start 🙄!  All i can do is listen and make suggestions though!  By the time my calls had finish and Paul had come home and wanted lunch it was too late to start any crafting.  Maybe today !! 

I am sharing the other Emboss resist card that I made on Monday,  this one I used a flower stamp, I used Brushos for the background, I tried to put blues around the flowers and green around the foliage.  Here are some close ups of those lovely Brusho's reacting with the water....




I can't get over how beautiful the reaction of the pigment powders and water are. 

I mounted the peace onto a complimentary colour card base. I haven’t decided on a sentiment yet. 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love & hugs to all of you, 

Sandra xxxxxx 



5 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Wonderful card today. I love how well that beautiful flower stamp looks against the background. Those colours are gorgeous especially the blue, it is stunning. Glad to ghosts dad Paul is feeling better. He must have felt rough as he doesn't often admit to feeling to ill does he. And poor Matt. I can imagine his frustration. Fingers crossed the electricity repair goes smoothly next week, it sounds like it's going to be a big job. I hope you manage to get some crafting done today my lovely xx
    Yesterday was a wild out for me. Chris took me clothes shopping
    but it was a waste of time. The styles and fabrics are not for me. We only found a couple of t shirts and a shirt, havent tried them on get though! Haircut for me today then crafting??? I hope everyone has a good day. Take care, love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and your stamp is perfect for this type of effect I don’t have Brushos but have tried the technique with Pixie Powders
    Glad Paul is feeling better and you have a bit more of a settled day
    I am in the middle of cooking pancakes for our lunch - spinach layer cake Not my favourite but OH loves it!
    I hope to make a couple of cards this afternoon but probably won’t be able to do them as a challenge
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your card today 😍
    Glad Paul is better, and hope Matt gets the boiler and electrics sorted soon
    Hope you’re managing to do some crafting today 🥰
    A wet, miserable day here….roll on Spring
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card Sandra, love the blue and green.
    Hope Paul is feeling better soon and that Matthew gets everything sorted.
    Sue, you are Mrs B again. 🤭. I only got a few t-shirts last going shopping too, a bit sad isn't it. Hope you are better and getting stronger for each day.
    I have been busy unpacking my crafting stuff and trying to find the right home for it and then I probably move it around later again for it wasn't the right place 🥴😊
    Sending extra hugs to anyone who need some and to our missing friends, take care
    Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete