Tuesday 27 February 2024

Snippet with Fun Background

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

It was fine enough to dry the washing yesterday,  we cannot ask for anything more, the washing line is just outside of my craft room window so I get to watch the laundry blowing in the wind!                  We saw the birds starting to use the many Nesting boxes on the side of next doors house yesterday,  the have many different types of nest box and most of them were being prepared by the birds yesterday morning,  we are looking forward to following the progress, we have three in the garden, hopefully they will have new residents soon too. ๐Ÿคž

I had great fun making today's Snippet yesterday,  the background was fun and simple to create, I took Old Paper, Cracked Pistachio & Salvaged Patina Distress oxides and just pressed the ink pads onto the background,  making sure that they overlapped,  turning the pads in different directions to create a more random look.  How simple?  Very effective though, I  spritzed the background with water after inking to get the inks to mix together a little more.  I stamped a background stamp with Grey ink .                                 I stamped the Wellington boots onto some smooth watercolour paper and coloured them with Ecoline pens, I added them to the background using Pinflair glue gel, this gave a little dimension,  I then stamped and coloured the roses and popped those inside the boots, adding Pinflair to the heads of roses, this gave me some wiggle time.  I added the bird, the added some shading and some white splats to finish, my journal arrived today, so I can get them all added into it. ๐Ÿ˜

Janet it was so lovely to see you in yesterday,  I am sorry that you are struggling with your swollen legs and feet,  it must be so miserable, sending you lots of love and hugs xxx

Sending my love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



5 comments:

  1. This looks interesting I love that inking effect and the boots and roses look gorgeous After I have done a few more Snippets I hope to make a Miss P Loves journal
    Sorry to hear you weren’t able to celebrate your birthday “properly” Janet and hope you feel better soon
    Yesterday was a complete waste of time The diabetes team did not have any record of my having an appointment The lady that sent the text wasn’t working and all of the nurses bar the lady I spoke to (eventually!) were at the “sister” hospital I was so upset Hopefully I will get a phone call today
    If not, I will be calling them (if I can get through!) tomorrow with both guns blazing!
    I am going to craft later today I would like to do a Snippet at least
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Fabulous quick inking background.Like the snippets too.
    Karen, really hope you get the phone call today but what a mess from the hospital. Take care.
    Have to stay in today. Deliveries from amazon and shopping coming today. Have some draws to bring in from the garage but not sure if we manage it ourselves for they are heavy and won't be easy to take up the stairs. Crystal art to make and hoping to start on some card making.
    Have a good day everyone and take care. Many hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    You have created a really fun background for today’s card Sandra there’s so much to take in, it’s great, I love it.
    Karen I hope you got that phone call from the diabetes team apologising for not following through with the appointment made for you yesterday, you are a priority case where appointments are concerned and they should be made aware of it. ๐Ÿคžit gets sorted out ASAP.
    Take care everyone, hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love your Snippet, the background is fabulous ๐Ÿ˜
    We’ve had nice weather here too, but very cold today. Had some rain this evening though!
    Karen, I hope you got another appointment sorted, how frustrating for you.
    Maria, yes Teddy is starting to pull himself up at the sofa, so I don’t think it will be long before he’s trying to walk ๐Ÿฅน
    Hope you’re all ok and had a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. A lovely card today. What an effective background. It doesn’t get much simpler and you got the “random” look perfect. That is where I struggle, I think it through too much! Your washing line really catches the wind doesn’t it, great for this time of year when the wind rather than the sun dries the laundry. I’m looking forward to seeing your journal my lovely xx
    Janet, thinking of you and hoping your swollen ankles and feet are a little better today xx
    Karen, such a waste of your time yesterday. I hope they rang you today to apologise and make another appointment for you xx
    I’ve been sorting out some cupboards and drawers today. Boring but good once they were all done. Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete