Friday 2 February 2024

New Paper Collection Card

 


Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

Thursday was quite a pleasant day weather wise, it was lovely and sunny, we had to drive on to Cheltenham to collect the replacement wheelchair that was ordered for me, I wasn't excited to be going to that place again as last time it was so frustrating and emotional that it affected my mood for a good 2 days!  The beautiful scenery on the way, which was highlighted by the beautiful sunshine helped to lift my mood on the way in,  we are blessed with beautiful countryside all around is here, making it hard not to smile as you take it all in.  

As it turned out it was kind of a wasted journey,  the wheelchair that they have ordered just didn't work, the leg raise was too low down which put pressure on a very sore area of my thigh, I felt terrible that she had worked hard to make it work but it was pointless having something that I was totally uncomfortable in, added to the fact that it had a steel frame (mine is aluminium) making it extra heavy for the girls to get in and out of their cars.  On fairness the lady was lovely and after trying a variety of things to resolve the issue, Paul pointed out what the problem was, which was the leg raise being too low and not adjustable.  She then said "right we have tried what we can offer here and it clearly isn't suitable, so I will order the exact same wheelchair that you have now" so she took all of the measurements and we now wait for it to come in.  She said that she reffered to me as 'the grey lady' as my needs fall between 2 categories.  We left there feeling frustrated,  I find going over all of my medical history very painful.  Thankfully that journey home improved my mood. 

Todau I am sharing a card I made with a brand new patterned paper from SU called "Irresistible Blooms' the papers have like an emboss resist like pattern on them, it is a pretty collection made up of some lovely colours too.  

The pieces I used have the Pretty Peacock colour which I love, I kept the design tone on tone as I love the colours so much, so basically I started with a Pretty Peacock card base then matted and layered the patterned paper and pretty Peacock card stock, I added a couple of flowers cut from the same paper collection to add some decoration to the card, although I really like that beautiful emboss resist like pattern on the paper. 

I hope that you all have a lovely start to the weekend, 

Love and huge to all of you 

Sandra xxx



5 comments:

  1. Hi, wet and miserable again here, still cold, but maybe that’s me I seem to feel the cold more these days.
    Sandra, what lovely new papers, your card is great , suitable for many occasions.
    Sorry about the wheelchair fiasco. Hope they get it right this time.
    Determined to finish my card today, have done the focal point, just need to find something for the background.
    Hope you all have a good day. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sandra really gorgeous
    It must be heartbreaking to have to go through all of this I get so annoyed and frustrated at the waste within the NHS sometimes You should have had a like for like chair ordered in the first place and saved you all of this upset too
    We’re having our hair done this afternoon It is so handy that she comes to the house
    Out dancing Rueda tonight
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Another beautiful card today, and I love the pretty papers 😍
    Sorry you had a wasted journey yesterday, so frustrating for you. Fingers crossed you don’t have to wait too long for the other one. I’m glad the journey cheered you up though. You certainly do live in a beautiful area with glorious countryside and views around you 😊
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    A gorgeous card. Love it
    Sorry about your wasted journey but hopefully everything will be sorted soon and you feel good about your new wheelchair.
    Nearly got the bookcases up and can't get them flushed against the wall so need my handy neighbour to pop around to help. Our skirting boards are a pinch too high. Ordered new windows today and I been online shopping oopsie 🀭.
    Hope your day have been nice and your evening be too. Take care and hugs, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Great cards yesterday and today. The papers are gorgeous and I love the die cut, it adds a lovely finish. It was soo good to see you and to craft. Today was a late one to bed so so fell asleep phone in hand and bedside light still on😏
    Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete