Wednesday 14 February 2024

A Fun Technique & Card

 







Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

Happy 'Galentines' Day to my favourite 'Gals' !!!

I thought that 'Galentines' was something the girls had made up as they always spend Valentines together, a bit like their 'Twismas' (which is Twin Christmas) they celebrate on Christmas Eve.  

What a difference a day makes!!  It poured down all day yesterday,  the roads around here are so flooded, the puddles are meeting in the centre of the road, we had to pop to post office in Bourton On The Water and the river through the centre was level with the footpath,  so I imagine if will be flooded tomorrow.  Trouble is the ground is saturated so the water has nowhere to go. Despite the rain Bourton was full of tourists, the problem is the roads were flooded so cars driving through were causing water to splash over people,  I'd have been furious.

I tried a fun technique on Monday,  you literally take a piece of watercolour card then add blobs of watercolour paint, the article I saw used bottle inks, so I guess you can use your spray inks, I used my Gansai Watercolour paints,  I added water to the little paint pans and pooled it on my card, I had to break the surface and drag the paint out in the direction you want it to flow, now the fun part. ........I used my Tim Holtz Puffer tool to blow the ink out towards the edges of the card,  adding different colours one at a time, I love how the colours blended together too.


I added a simple sentiment and popped the piece onto a black card base.  I understand that its not for everyone but I absolutely LOVE it !!! 🤣😂

I hope that you all have a very Happy Valentines day,

Love & Hugs to all of you,

Sandra ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Happy Valentine’s Day 😘
    I love your card and such a great technique, you could have lots of fun with that ☺️
    Crafting this morning and then taking Barney for a groom this afternoon. I’ll pop into town while he’s there for a browse.
    Didn’t realise it was Pancake Day yesterday until it was too late, so we’ll be having them tonight ☺️
    Maria, I hope you’re ok and feeling better 🥰
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card is gorgeous Such a fun technique too
    The weather is dry at the moment How long will that last
    I have just received a beautiful card from OH with a wonderful poem written by him (and some macaron which are my favourite)
    Lazy day today
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, absolutely horrible day here. At the moment the fog is so thick you can’t see your nose on your face. Cold as well.

    Finished my challenge card although it needs a bit more glue as it’s lifting up at the corners.

    Have a telephone appointment with the surgery pharmacist tomorrow, she wants me to take statins, I don’t have high cholesterol, so I’d rather not, we’ll see.

    Love today’s card Sandra, can I ask did you wet the paper before applying the colour. Hope you feeling better, did you get any antibiotics?

    Have a good evening, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love the colours on this card and what fun way to spread them out. In school we used little straw's, a lot of puffing needed to move the paint 😊
    It was raining pretty much the whole day yesterday so it was some water problems around. Don't think we will be able to go to Dobbies for a long time.
    Had a lazy day after yesterday, it does take out of you but hoping tomorrow will be a better one. Have to go to dentist to get a refill, the one she did last came out in my burger in Harvester some weeks ago.
    Have a nice evening everyone and I hope and wish that anybody who have some problems or are in pain that you can sleep tonight. Many hugs, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Love today’s card, I have one of those puffers they are great fun to play with

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOPS that was me pressing publish to soon. Silly thing is, I tried to leave a comment yesterday, and it would just would not publish, how very odd.
    I hope everyone has had a lovely Valentine’s Day. We celebrated it quietly - well after 60+ years we have been married we are happy to just have a cosy meal at home with each other’s company.
    I have an INR appointment tomorrow morning then we will go shopping and may pop into see daughter if she is up to it. After that I will be needing a nap!!
    Take care and sleep well, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete