Thursday 8 February 2024

Softly Sophisticated Card

 


Good Thursday Morning Ladies, 

How are we all this morning?  Sending hugs to those of you feeling out of sorts.

Brenda I am sure you are feeling exhausted after your long day yesterday,  hospitals just seem to leave you mentally drained, whether you are inpatient, outpatient or visiting, I hope you are taking things easy today my lovely XXX 

Janet I do hope you are well, sending you hugs Xxx

Lilian sorry that you are feeling unwell again, I hope that you are feeling a little brighter today XXX

Maria, I know exactly how you felt yesterday,  my veins do not like parting with my blood, it gets sp uncomfortable when they keep trying,  apparently my veins either roll, or they will manage to get needle in and then vein collapses. The only thing that guarantees success is them using a butterfly needle,  but I think it makes the process a bit slower.  I imagine you have a lovely bruise!  How is your craft room coming along?  Xxx

Today I am sharing a card that I made yesterday using a free 'Sale a Bration' stamp from SU, its called 'Softly Sophisticated' (I'm not sure why) 🤣

I used a Pool Party card base, added a white embossed layer,  then added a strip of a new Designer Series paper called Softly Stippled, with a piece of pool party ribbon tied around it, I stamped the pretty flower with Pool Party flowers and Pear Pizzazz foliage and the sentiment from same stamp set. I stamped then die cut with a die set I haven't gotten around to using 'Everyday Essentials' I layered it onto  mat of Pool Party card and popped it on foam pads and added it to the card front,  I finished it off with three tiny diamanté. 

I hope you all have a good Thursday,  we are all hoping we don't catch Soph's flu, she was at her worst yesterday,  she was up coughing all night and sweating/shivering,  she slept on and off all day yesterday, she has no appetite either, luckily she bought herself some healthy energy drinks last week, they have good electrolytes in them, which is keeping her hydrated, fingers crossed she is feeling better today. 

Sending my love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx


9 comments:

  1. Lovely card Sandra I love that soft green colour
    I hope you are OK Brenda after your long day at the hospital and that you others are on the mend
    I doubt I will be doing any paper crafting today We are going to the zoo (even though it is absolutely chucking it down) because it is a members only day in preparation for the zoo to re-open on 10th after a big refurb and branding It is now called Hertfordshire Zoo Apparently it should be easier to find in a Google search eg like London Zoo Chester Zoo etc
    Plus it won’t clash with the one that Lucy and Sophie work at
    I’m sort of looking forward to it and we’ll visit Gary’s grave but it’s always been Paradise Wildlife Park to us We’ll see
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning everyone
    Love love today's card SANDRA.
    Sorry I've not been in recently but I'm having one or two difficulties with swollen/painful legs which are really making movement difficult.
    Anyway I have lost track of where we are with our weekly challenges. Can you please put me back on the rails.

    Huge Hugs to everyone not feeling too good. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card Sandra, love the colour used.
    Hopefully Sophie is getting better soon, sending her a hug.
    Hope you all have a nice day. Sending loads of healing hugs to anyone who need it.
    Yes, it's not so fun to get blood out of me anywhere. She tried in both arms, nothing but got enough out of my hand so that be a nice bruise later. Been to IKEA this morning, bought a bedside lamp and a few more boxes for the bookcases. It's at standstill at the moment for our neighbour is busy with another job but fingers crossed he can have an hour free tonight or tomorrow so we can put the desk together. I just want it done now 😊
    Take care ladies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, it’s absolutely pouring down here today, poor “mr Sainsburys “ ( delivery driver) , was having difficulty keeping the shopping dry.

    Sorry if I’ve missed days, have not been able to get any sleep, because my legs and back have been so bad, so not managing to do anything during the day.

    Sandra lovely card today, very gentle colours. Love the style with a strip down the side.
    Brenda hope you’re recovering from your hospital visits yesterday, I know how draining hospitals are.
    Keep dry and stay warm, hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Love your beautiful card today, the colour is lovely 😍
    Sending get well wishes to Sophie, I hope she’s feeling better soon and you all don’t come down with it 🥰
    Sending extra hugs to you all feeling unwell, I’m hope you’re all having a relaxing day xx
    Karen, I hope you’ve had a good day at the zoo, despite the awful weather.
    Maria, I bet you can’t wait for your craft room to be finished 😊
    Have a good rest of the day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a beautiful card. I love that gorgeous colour and what a pretty stamp. Love it all. I hope Soph is on the up now bless her. 🤞Lucy’s sore throat doesn’t get worse and Paul and you stay well my lovely xx
    Sending healing hugs to our poorly friends. This time of year doesn’t help us feel good with the best of health let alone when you are feeling rough for whatever reason! I ended up having to go and see GP as they wanted to check some sores I had to make sure i didn’t have Strep A again. Luckily it isn’t thank goodness. I have been really tired all day so came up to bed at 7pm to try and get some sleep. Another day with no crafting! Sending hugs to all. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jaren. I hope the visit to the zoo and to Gary’s grace went as well as it can xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen not Jaren!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Sorry it’s late. We have now arrived in Loughborough and are staying in the convent for the night then on to Redditch tomorrow morning for brothers funeral. visited daughter in hospital before we left Croydon. Her consultant popped in while we were there and told her she can go home Which she was very happy about, but she will be going home with a catheter and a bag so I would sooner her than me and she has to go back on Monday for six hours where they will sort her out and hopefully everything will be fine. But she said it would be lovely to sleep in her own bed.
    Beautiful card you made for Sophie love the colours, I’m sure she really loved it. I must get around to looking at the Stampinup catalogue as I haven’t done it for sometime. Love some of the things you’ve been showing us lately.
    Good night everyone sweet dreams not sure about getting in tomorrow. It will probably be quite late as after the funeral. We coming back here to Loughborough and then at some point returning to London, then our daughter has got to get back home to Essex. She will be very tired as a lot of driving in one day.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete