Friday 16 February 2024

Another new Technique

 



Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

This week has flown, I have thoroughly enjoyed this challenge, looking up new techniques to create fun backgrounds has given me lots of ideas.  

I started a task that I regretted after about an hour, since we moved in the drawers in our big chest of drawers in our bedroom were put in the wrong order,  we usually have underwear etc in top drawer, jeans and trousers in the bottom,  its easier for me to have the things i reach for most on hand, bending to get to the bottom drawer can be agony and can make my hip dislocate really easily.  So i took everything out of all of the drawers and rearranged them in the right order, during the process however,  it looked like a bomb had gone off, piles of clothes everywhere!   I ended up deciding to have a cuppa and a snack, I sat at my desk and after a brief scroll on Pinterest I thought I would try Brushos, around three hours later I thought I'd better stop and get back to the job I started 😔.  I think I finished at around 7pm!! Although that included doing Paul's chest of drawers.  

Today's card was made using a new technique, I don't think it has a name though. 

I got some SU inks out and a piece of Watercolour card,  the key piece in this technique is Baby Wipes,  fresh out of the packet so that they are wet, you then scrunch up your wet wipe and tap it onto the inkpad, then tap gently onto your card in the areas you want the ink,  adding more colours as you need them, when you are happy with the colour tap over the area with a clean wet wipe to blend and soften the colours.  

I then took Gorgeous Grunge and Timeless Texture stamp sets to create the grungy style background,  finishing with some black posca pen splatters. The die cut heart and sentiment finish the look and the final flourish was some Coordinating sequins and some Wink of Stella. 

I hope that you all have a fabulous Friday, 

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra xxx



6 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and all looking in. A great card and technique. Another good one for the men too. Baby wipes are so useful when crafting aren’t they with 101 uses.. I know you are like me with jobs like this when once upon a time you you would have had it done in a hour but you got it finished which is all that matters my lovely xx
    I hope you all have a good day. We are on our way to the funeral of a close friends father. He really was a lovely man with an infectious laugh bless him. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great technique which you’ve turned into a beautiful card I need to try this I think I have seen it done without the blending in
    At least the drawers are sorted Another job ticked off the list
    Is Emily arriving today- I bet you can’t wait to see her and show off your new home
    I have a project on my desk which I started yesterday and hope to finish today
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A gorgeous card Sandra. Have seen cards being made like this on Pinterest before but never made one. I'm telling you all that I'm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done it again 😂 what I was going to say was that as soon my desk is up I will try the new techniques that you have shown us. Not completely like to like as I haven't got some of the things but hopefully as nice as yours 😊
      Glad you managed to sort out the draws and no mishaps. Any news about a new wheelchair ?
      Sue, hope you alright and everything went as well as it could today.
      Had to go out this morning and popped in to Frost for a drink and toast. This afternoon I have tried to make a card, hoping to get some together whilst watching TV repeat of Call the midwife ☺️
      Many hugs to you all xxx Maria xx

      Delete
  4. Hi everyone
    I love this card, it’s absolutely beautiful 😍😍 The baby wipe technique is great, I’ve had a go myself ☺️
    Glad you finally got the drawers done, one of those jobs you know needs doing, but then wish you’d never started!
    Sue, I hope it went well today xx
    Have a good evening everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, a lovely sunny day, washing dried on the line, makes such difference to the clothes.
    Sandra great new technique, very good for men’s card, I’m sure I’d make a mess of it.
    I have made the covers for my envelope book, quite pleased with it

    Have a good evening all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete