Saturday 17 December 2022

Happy Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

A brief post today as we have a very busy day  ahead, I am hoping to get all the meat cooked early this morning so that the oven is free for the roast potatoes,  parsnips,  sausagemeat  loaf etc.   We went and did all of the shopping last night, we were chatting to the chap on the till and I said "are you prepared for a mad busy store next week"  he then told us that a huge number of people had already bought theirs so that they don't have to go out next week, a very sensible move but I like to get longest dates possible on what I buy.   When do you all fo and do yours ?  



This rich, opulent Christmas card, catches the light beautifully,  I just illuminates on the mantelpiece.  This is a lovely die set Janet is it a Tonic set?  

I tried to capture the shine from the red shiny card and the glitter on the background,  the pretty Poinsettia is made using beautiful iridescent silver, I have caught the Aroura Borealis  look as the twinkle in the light.  Thank you so much for such q gorgeous Christmas card Janet   I love it XXX 

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                           xxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    Like most of the country we are still in a white and ice world.

    Thank you for showing my card SANDRA.
    I have to say that it's my favourite make for this year.
    The die set is a CRAFTER'S COMPANION one I bought two/three years ago. It's supposed to be a kninetic? set but I played around and created my own card.

    Off to Mhall M&S for our weekly bit shopping; then coffee and back home to stay in for the rest of the week-end.


    HUGS on their way to you all. Please take great care if going out. Wrap up extra warmand stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Janet
    I hope to do food shopping later this week I hope to go with my daughter so that she can place some goodies in my trolley and I can then pay Apart from contributing a roast ham joint, cauliflower cheese and sherry trifle I hate the idea of her paying out for all the other stuff It soon mounts up
    We’re off to a Great Gatsby themed dinner/dance this evening with a few friends I cannot wait I am so looking forward to seeing everyone in their 1920’s gear OH looks amazing in his - very handsome I’ll try and get photos
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I love the quote ☺️
    Janet your card is absolutely stunning 😍
    I like to leave it as late as possible to get the longest dates too. Mind you, I had a quick look in M&S this morning and they had some turkey crowns which had a reasonably long date on them. Mark gets a Christmas bonus from work which we do use to treat ourselves to some M&S luxuries ☺️
    Karen, enjoy the dinner dance tonight. Will look forward to seeing some photos of you dressed up.
    Sandra, have a lovely weekend with your sisters.
    Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, it’s still chilly so stay warm too ☺️
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, still chilly but much warmer than yesterday, rain this morning, but a lovely clear sky now.
    Janet what a beautiful Christmas card. Your cards are always so elegant looking.
    Managed to finish a card for the challenge today, rather late as usual with me these days.
    Still have a bad cough and sore throat, can’t seem to shake it off, do hope it’s better next week.
    I have my shopping delivered on Friday, so that should cover most things.
    Have a lovely weekend all, Karen hope you have a lovely time tonight. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Perfect quote, that's me at the moment hihi
    Janet, your card is stunning. Very beautiful die. Hope you found what you were looking for in the shops.
    Have a great time Karen, looking forward to see some photos.
    Lilian, sending you some extra hugs. Take care.
    Brenda, hope you are okay ?
    Sue, you are having fun with the grandchildren making cookies and decorating the house or ?
    Went out and did a little shop at our big Tesco i morse but some of the dates aren't good enough yet so we probably go again on Thursday. We got a little turkey crown as well, I had liked to try the three birds but OH was not keen. I will get some ham on the bone as well for sandwiches.
    Hope you have a good Saturday as possible. Many warm hugs to you all here and to our missing friends xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Janet what a beautiful card, great die set making this a very classy card.
    Love the quote, hands up - in my case it is so true. So many ideas going around in my head, sometimes they work other times I set them aside for another day!!! Every now and again I have to be ruthless and have a good old sort out and the PHDs (projects half done) get binned.
    Sandra hope your sisters visit was a lovely pre Christmas event. xx
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Big hugs, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete