Sunday 29 November 2020

Your 'Flat' Challenge Cards

 





Good Morning Ladies,

Well it's Sunday,  so you know what that means?!..
Time to showcase your amazing card designing skills, so without further delay, let's get on with show......(I always feel like I want to add the music from 'Take Hart' they used to play it while showing all the art work that viewers had sent in) ... 

Click play and you'll know exactly what i mean...





Sonia


Two fantastic and very cute 'Flat' cards by Sonia for this weeks ''Flat card Challenge'  both of these cards would fit through the standard postage slot no problem!  
You have some very cute stamps in your collection Sonia, wouldn't it be lovely if we could all craft together and have a play with each others craft stash.

Thank you Sonia for designing two amazingly cute cards XXX


Pat

I love this 'clean and simple' design by Pat, I actually chose this card from Pat's folder on my computer, it is perfectly flat, yet there is so  much detail and how adorable are those birds, this would be a perfect Christmas for a couple.  Pat has used her Groovi plates to make this card.

I absolutely love this design Pat, your Groovi cards are so inspirational XXX

Michele



Michele was totally not in the mood to craft this weekend, which is quite understandable given the stressful week at work that she has had, like most of you Michele takes part in pretty much every single challenge so I just couldn't leave her space empty today.   So I rummaged around in my 'Michele' file and found two lovely designs, both totally flat for postage.  I have included one amazing 'Clean and Simple' style Christmas card and a lovely floral 'Happy Birthday' card.

I hope that you feel a bit more like crafting today Michele, maybe have a go at something new, pick one of the Techniques from your magazine to have a go at, I would love to see what you come up with.
Thanks for 2 lovely cards XXX



Maria 



3 Amazing cards from Our Maria for our 'Flat' card Challenge. You have used three completely different styles and Techniques for this Challenge Maria, I love all three of your designs, especially that super cute Santa card,  I just love all the Wildlife around him ❤ 

Maria's Description:

"We do have some people who are not celebrating x-mas so this is one card for them.
1) The Winter fun frame is on Red Glitter card background and Season Greetings."

"My second card is by Giordano, Santa and his forest friends. It is decoupaged
but very thin so hope it fits this week challenge.

The third card I used a already embossed black card, stroke some Blue Parakeet
and Pink Thistle Opal Polish by SW over it before stamping the Stag and laid it
onto a Snow Embossed piece of paper and the card, still thin for posting so hope-
fully it won't be to much in postage this year........"


Thank you so much Maria for 3 incredible 'Flat ' Challenge cards XXX 


Lilian




Two gorgeous 'Flat' cards from Lilian for our Challenge this week, we must have done a 'Flat ' Challenge recently as I found another group of cards under the 'Flat' title, in Lilian's file was this amazing Nautical scene card, so I really wanted to share that one too. 

Both of Lilian's cards are made using Stamperia papers, I love that Vintage looking Santa, the image is stunning and the card needs nothing more. 


Thank you so much Lilian,  I hope you are feeling a little brighter today my lovely XXX 

Karen


Our Karen has used a combination of Serif and Die cut for her first card today,  such a clever idea, Ican see this design working for many different occasions.  
Karen's second card was from our last 'Flat' card Challenge,  I loved the design and thought it might inspire some of you.

Karen's Description:

"Here’s a totally flat card for you Charlotte asked me if I had any cards ready Of course I only had flowery ones She wanted one with wine or gin which I could have done if she’d given me some notice!

I saw this cheap die and have made almost a copy of an image advertising it No wonder it was cheap as it’s quite small So I scanned it into ScanNCut to be able to make it larger 

I created the background in Serif 3 different colours of blue/green and used the die in Black I’m going to create some more with different sentiments eg Merry Christmas and use a simple die on top" 

Love your designs,  thanks so much Karen XXX


Janet



Three stunning designs from Janet for our 'Flat ' Challenge,  Janet I have to say that you have some truly stunning paper collections,  the beautiful designs mean that you simply have to 'enhance' their beauty!  

Janet's Description:

My first and second CCs are made using LABLANCHE papers which were launched as one of her Seasonal Themes for this year.

My third CC is made using papers from a Company called 'CRAFTOCLOCK'.This is the first time I have seen anything of this Co. but they did a package which had all the three sizes suitable for cards and scrap booking (6x6  8x8  12x12). They really fit the bill for batch making.

Janet thank you so much for 3 stunning cards and for introducing us to 'Craftoclock', guess whete I'm going after this?! XXX


Brenda 

Lovely Lillies from Our Brenda for this weeks 'Flat' card Challenge, the Stamp is from HoneyDoo, Brenda has coloured the image beautifully,  bringing the Lillies to life.  Using the waterbrush to drag the colour out really ties the image to the background. 

I love your card Brenda, thank you so much for taking part XXX 

Sue


Sue made this amazing card for Gemma's (Bub's)  birthday, I absolutely love your design, my favourite part is the Cat's bum, it's hilarious! What a genius idea. 

Thank you so much My lovely for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX 


******************************

So many stunning cards Ladies, just look at all of the different Techniques and products that you have all used, absolutely incredible.  Thank you all so very much. XXXXX

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

15 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    What a fantastic selection of challenge cards today.

    Sandra-thank you for finding two cards of mine that fit this challenge. I’ve not had much enthusiasm for crafting recently and this last week was worse. I’m sure the pressure of work isn’t helping. Also the added stress of feeling like you should make everyone’s Christmas card doesn’t help. Might not be happening this year!

    We’re having a Facetiming session with Hubbys brother & family in florida today so they can Sudhaker him happy birthday for tomorrow.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a better week next week Michele.

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    WOW WOW WOW what a fantastic array of CCs.We all loved this Challenge and it's such a long time since I've had to request extra display boards.

    Well yesterday happened or did it? Daylight never arrived here. So much so that we had to have ALL the lights on from 07.00 - 23.00hrs. It's looking a little better this morning.

    The CAFE is OPEN and as it's Sunday the lunch menu is Roast Chicken with roasted veg and for afters it's Lemon Tart.Place your orders if you wish.
    HUGS are on their way to you all.TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sunday mornings looking at everyone’s cards I agree with you SANDRA I wish we could all meet up and “play” together I particularly love BRENDA’s technique I’d like to watch you do this
    I found the elusive die! And intended to send another challenge card but it was too late I did do a flat card similar to the Happy Birthday one but forgot to photograph it!
    I hope next week is less stressful for you MICHELE Quite a lot of our Community Nurses will be taking on board the covid vaccinations So a lot of work is going on trying to a) organise that and b) maintaining all of the services
    I’ll order a roast chicken please JANET
    I don’t intend to do a lot apart from pottering about ie a bit of tidying and dusting and watching Strictly
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have I missed something Karen. I’m assuming the organisation of Covid jabs is in preparation of them being passed for use ?.

      Delete
    2. Yes Pat Nothing has been approved yet But when it does there will be a lot of work required Almost everyone may need the vaccination It won’t be like the current seasonal flu vaccine we’re offered Might not be until next year but plans are being made (well around here anyway)

      Delete
    3. Hello Karen, I saw this technique on the Internet, it is called Positive and Negative Painting Techniques with Lou Withers. She is often on Hochanda, apparently she did this in was on a show on 15th of October this year.

      Delete
    4. Thanks Karen for the info. I know they said on the tv that places were gearing up for it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Wow, what a stunning array of flat cards today. They’re all stunning. Today is dark, damp and foggy. I’d ordered a new slow cooker and a soup maker from Argos. They were both ready for pickup yesterday so I left it till about 4.00pm then went and picked them up and did some shopping. Sainsbury’s was a nightmare as they’ve moved everything around. Fitting in loads of Christmas goodies. So no one knew where anything was as the signs above weren’t what was in the Isle. Like me a lot of people were giving up looking.
    Yes p,ease Janet Roast Chicken for me & Lemon Tart.
    I’ve also recorded Strictly to watch. But they also have both snooker & darts on the tv. So I’m switching to both of those as well.
    Take care & stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning ladies in the cafe' today
    Wonderful cc's all around and I love the papers and stamping you have used to make the cards up.
    I'll see you later for our Janet's lunch of roast chicken and have another look at all the lovely cards x
    Michele, Karen and Sonia, I hope you all manage to have some rest this day. Take care
    Brenda, sending you some extra hugs.
    Lilian, hoping you feeling better,just take it easy.
    A lazy day here for didn't have much sleep. Watching Das Boot, anyone seen it ?
    Have a nice day everyone and many warm hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello All, it’s a lovely bright blue sky day here, a bit on the chilly side, it makes me feel so much more cheerful on these lovely days.

    All the cards are really WOW cards today, thank you Sandra for finding one of my older ones.

    Not doing much, chicken in red wine in the slow cooker, enough for two days, always use thighs with veg, nothing very exotic.

    Janet your lemon tart sounds yummy , we are trying to loose a bit of weight , so only having sugar free jelly, with tinned mandarins set in it.

    Hope you all have a good day, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Beautiful challenge cards on today
    All lovely
    Haven't done a lot weather dull I'm
    Just laying on sofa and quilt
    Hope you all a lovely evening
    Love & Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone
    Love all of today’s wonderful cards. Thank you Sandra for showing a couple of mine 😊 I’m hoping to be able to take part in this week’s challenge, fingers crossed.
    It would be so lovely to meet up with all our craft stuff to share and inspire each other 😊
    Another long day at work today, but day off tomorrow. Need to catch up with some housework.
    I hope you have all enjoyed your day. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    What a lovely selection of challenge cards, so yours really did make me smile it is so cute.

    Hope everyone is having a good day, I’ve been trying to sort out Christmas cards, spent forever Sorting out the labels on the computer but that’s done now, next job is to write them all.

    We made a big decision yesterday to spend Christmas at home, I have to tell you it was one of the most difficult decisions I’ve ever made,
    it will be the first time we haven’t spent Christmas with our children and grandchildren. I think there is a plan for some sort of link up. SIL is technically one he will tell us what we have to do.🤞

    Enjoy your evening, love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUE yours did make me smile. I blame predictive text ha ha

      Delete