Thursday 26 November 2020

Another Flat Challenge card




Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all well, its certainly a lot colder outside right now, we had a walk up the garden to pull up some leeks for dinner and the wind was bitterly cold, it feels really cleansing though, it makes you want to really take a deep breath in to clear your lungs.  That's the one part of Winter that I love, just having the windows open for a brief spell in the morning really makes the house feel fresh.  

Today's card is another one of the cards that I made on Tuesday afternoon from the free stamps that came with my Creative Stamping Magazine....


As you can see there are some great stamps for Christmas cards, the trees and background/border stamps can be used for any occasion cards. The stamps in the top right corner are Stampendous stamps,  they feel good quality and I love that stag head with lovely scene inside.  Great sentiments too, nice bold font which is perfect for different stamping techniques.  

For my card I used the Mask that was part of the free gift,  blending Peacock Feathers through the Christmas tree mask,  after giving it a quick blast with the heat gun and tapped over it with my anti-static bag before stamping the matching tree stamp (that is basically festive words in shape of the tree), I think it's a fantastic, modern design.   I stamped it using Versamark ink and added some White Embossing powder and heat set.  To finish the card I stamped a sentiment and added a few clear sequins around the card.  I layered up the card onto a matching green card and a white piece with tiny snowflakes ❄ stamped around, then finally onto a green base card. 
Different,  well for me it's very different but I quite like it and think it would work well for a younger age group, my lot would quite like this design I think.

I hope that you all have a great day,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx


9 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a gorgeous card. Perfect for any age group.

    I managed to get into my craft room yesterday evening-started on Hubbys birthday card. It’s his birthday on Monday & we’re off work all week as we’re both ready for a break. It will be interesting to see which Tier we’re placed in after lockdown .

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning ladies,

    Great modern card Sandra, love the colours used.

    Another bout of exhaustion hit me midday but not before I had the chance to talk to a doctor at my surgery regarding the follow up appt. He actually listened to me and has noted the ECG to be done this week then a doctor appt straight afterwards to enable me to be assessed to drive again. The Receptionist rang me back later in the afternoon with two back to back appts for 2.30 and 2.40 this afternoon. Hooray! progress at last.

    Still no inspiration for Christmas cards, I think my overseas family will not get one this year. They are all on Facebook so a GIF will be far cheaper than postage costs. Bah humbug! that sound like I am a bit of a scrooge hahaha

    Today's the day for filling the recycling bins. I still recycle what ever I can in my crafting sessions but there is still so much packaging that cannot be salvaged. Oh well.....

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you in CHERYL I hope the appointments help to sort things out for you
    Your card is beautiful SANDRA and “Oi!” Us oldies like it too 🤣 I like these bright crisp mornings too
    Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Like your card Sandra. A very different Christmas tree with the writing on it.
    Hope your appointments sort you out Cheryl.
    A very crisp and cold morning this morning. I went for a walk first thing. Been for a second walk and had a lovely chat to a lady I see now and again who was walking her dog. The sun is out now but it’s still chilly in the shade. Amber is apparently on duty for a week, milking and mucking out the cows. She said she has to be up at 3 am every morning. Apparently it’s boring, she’s with a friend & teachers but it’s obviously not floating her boat.
    Take care & stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All, it’s a beautiful day here today, lovely clear blue sky.

    Very modern card today Sandra, like it although I don’t think I’d be much good at doing these, the young ones would love it.

    Cheryl hope Dr sorts out something to improve your health.

    Not much happening here today, had a new by router today, luckily I booked a private telephone engineer because by says it’s easy to do. He had trouble, but put new sockets in and seems to be ok.

    Might see if I can make a card this afternoon, if I don’t fall asleep, hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Love the card and the Christmas tree. That looks a great selection of stamps.
    Chilly here today too, but at least it’s dry and been quite bright.
    Keep warm and stay safe everyone. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and ladies.
    Love the tree Sandra and after seeing your stamps, I want it too now.
    Will see what mr grumpy saying, he's not really but some days are harder then others during these lockdowns.
    Only 2c this morning but a lovely walk around where we live and not too busy. Sadly MK is rising in covid so not sure what tier we will end up in. I understand people like to see each other during the festivities but at least these days we got facetime and zoom. Would love to make one with you my friends before x-mas if possible x
    Have a nice day all and keep crafting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra and ladies
    SANDRA i love your card today it's beautiful. How is Paul is both eyes now OK or has he still got to stay
    Home
    How are youmy lovely how is your AF
    My hands are killing me so I'm saying love & Hug's Lynda xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies

    Love everything about your card today Sandra. The design, colour just everything. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Hope Paul is feeling ok and not over straining his eyes. Have the new eye drops helped?

    Hope all is well with you Margaret and Lynda, sending caring (virtual) hugs to you both.xx Extra for anyone else feeling under par. xx

    Love Brenda xxx


    ReplyDelete