Sunday 15 November 2020

Your Challenge Cards

 


Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Well my Saturday was just a blur, it seemed that I was making breakfast one minute and then it was Dinner time!! I didn't get the cards made that I wanted to, Lucy and I had to go food shopping, we didn't get home until about 4pm, I sat and made a load of embossed backgrounds as I couldn't decide which one worked best for the card I am making, then Matt called, Paul made a cup of tea and then it was time to start preparing Dinner.  Maybe today will work better.  If today's weather was anything like yesterday's we won't be going into the garden, we had really strong winds and torrential rain, I felt really sorry for Lucy driving in those conditions, it isn't far to supermarket but the spray from the lorries on the A419 was quite scary!  I have no doubt that the river Thames will be flowing freely across the fields today.

You have all made some incredible challenge cards..............

Brenda




Brenda has created two beautiful cards for our Backgrounds Challenge this week, you have used some beautiful colours in both cards, I love the soft tones of Tierney's Birthday card.

Brenda's first card is the card she has made for Tierney's birthday later this month, it features a beautifully embossed background,  such a lovely diamond design, it looks like one of those Multilayer die sets, such a deep emboss.  The colours are so subtle and pretty, your floral spray and pretty bow finish the card perfectly.

Brenda's second card features another Crisply embossed background, this time the focal element is a Distress Oxide Background with a beautiful Tree frame die cut over the top, it works so well and your ribbon really lifts the colour.

Thank you so much Brenda for two stunning cards that have me adding embossing folders to my 'wish List'.  XXX


Janet


Janet has created an amazing Framed piece for our Background challenge this week.  I am guessing that the beautifully detailed papers are from Stamperia, you have added so many layers of detail.  Even around the edge of the frame adding those little resin pieces and highlighting the detail with Gilding wax or ink.
This would make an perfect gift for any man for a Special Birthday.

Thank you so much for such an amazing challenge project my lovely XXX


Lilian



Lilian has used her new Distress Oxide inks to create a perfectly blended background, the colours have created a brilliant 'Under the sea' look.  The stamp looks like 'Pink Ink Designs'  Seahorse Swirls' 
The frame you have created really draws your eye into the Seahorse. I love the bubbles coming out of his mouth too.

Thank you so much Lilian for a stunning Challenge card, I hope you enjoyed the Distress Oxide Inks as much as I wanted you too.  XXX


Maria




Oh Maria you have made some incredible backgrounds, your cards are just fantastic.....

Maria has used all things Tim Holtz for her challenge cards this week.....

The first card has an amazing background, how did your achieve that effect with the ink Maria??

Maria's second card features a lovely sentiment with embellishments stamped around the edges in a wreath style .

Third card has an amazing Mixed Media design, I really love that crackle effect, it will be a perfect Man card Maria .

Maria's final card features a beautifully blended background, I would love to know the colours you used Maria?? Maria has placed a piece of the blended background behind a die cut and used the same colours to create those pretty little flowers.

Maria I am so grateful that you took the time to make so many amazing Challenge cards XXX


Sonia



oh Wow Sonia, your cards are amazing, I love all 3 of them, the first card is just perfect, the background works perfectly with the die cut snowflake.

Sonia's Description :

Three fairly simple cards, using a mixture of snowflake stamps from my stash and peel offs. On the first card I’ve used the Tim Holtz snowflake die and a sentiment from my stash.

The second card uses a LOTV image and sentiment from stash.

Unfortunately I can’t remember where the image on third card is from, but sentiment is from LOTV.


WOW is all  can say, your cards are just stunning, I am so pleased that Barney rested enough to let you play.  Thank you so much for taking part XXX

Lynda


As Lynda is our Queen of Backgrounds it would be rude not to include a couple of her cards today.

Both of these cards have been made using Alcohol inks on Yupo paper (I think) 

Two beautiful cards Lynda, I look forward to sharing more of your work soon XXX

Michele


Michele has used the Free Gift in the latest edition of Diecutting Essentials Magazine (review coming soon).  I love the die it's hard to believe it was a freebie! I love how you have used Kraft card for the background and it has embossed beautifully.

Michele's Description:

Background is Kraft card embossed using Falling Snow folder. Snowflake dies are from the free gift with DieCutting Esstentials magazine. The embossing folder is a creative expressions 8x8 one that I’ve had for a long time

Thank you so much Michele for such a stunning Challenge card XXX

Karen





Four amazing cards for our Background Challenge this week from Karen, you have used some absolutely gorgeous colours for your blended backgrounds Karen.
The Wedding card you made is perfect for the Occasion, it looks really classy.

Karen's Description:

My First Card is a Wedding Card
Charlotte wanted a very simple card I printed the sentiment and the wedding rings are an image from My Craft Studio The embossing folder is an eBay bargain (my background)

2nd Card
Here’s a cc , Admittedly I have had the blended DO background Wilted Violet Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade for a while I have just added the JL Gerbera Background die with a couple of X-cut flower dies and the sentiment is a Wish die

3rd Card
Julie Hickey stamp, stamped over a blended Distress Oxide Background.

4th Card
Another Distress Oxide Blended background with a Honey Doo Circle Background Die placed over the top, I die cut a frame to finish the card off and embellished with John Lockwood Butterflies.

Karen thank you so much for 4 stunning Challenge cards XXX

*********************

Once again Ladies you absolutely blow me away, you have all created some incredible designs, ll so different, although clearly we all love Distress Oxide inks!  I want to thank you for once again supporting the challenge and the blog, you know how much it means to me. 

I hope you all have a lovely weekend,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                                                                                          xxxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful cards ladies I’m keen as well to find out how you got that effect on your first card MARIA
    I really enjoyed this challenge It made me get out backgrounds I’d made and actually use them and create new ones I wish I’d had more time to get the Pixie Powders out and make some of those
    I start a new job tomorrow! It’s all happened rather quickly! I had an interview just a over a week ago and my current “new” team have Sid I can start straightaway It makes sense in that they don’t have to continue training me They might as well get a replacement sooner than in 4 weeks time - It’s a very long story!
    It’s dark and very wet here but at least we haven’t got the winds
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    What a fantastic selection of challenge cards today.

    The weather forecast for today is awful but I’m hoping we get a few minutes that’s dry as we really need to rake up all the leaves.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Everyone
    Oh what a beautiful set of CCs this morning.

    Well It was so dark all day yesterday I wasn't sure what time of day/night it was.We had all the lights on from getting up to going to bed!!It's still dark/wet at the momenttoo so it looks as though it's going to be another one of those days again.

    I'm hoping to make a little headway into some Seasonal cards today though I will have to push myself.

    The CAFE is OPEN of course though no Sunday lunch menu today. HUGS are on their way to you all.TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Another stunning array of cards on display today. I can see that everyone loves oxide inks.
    We also have torrential rain f high winds yesterday, and it looks as if today will be the same. Although it looks a bit brighter. I didn’t go out for a walk at all yesterday as it was so wet. Poor Karen had to walk the dogs, see to the horses and the goats and got absolutely soaked she said. Now I don’t know if the newer slow cookers as more efficient that the older ones as the casserole I put on yesterday wasn’t quite cooked properly. I think the meat was but not the vegetables. So it’s back on this morning and I’ll have some of that for my dinner.
    Take care & stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Sandra and everyone in the cafe' today.
    WoW, just look at all the amazing cards, Love them all !
    It was fun making the cards but also a bit stressful as I didn't have any mojo or strength until last minute , typical me.
    😊 hihi thank you for liking my happy memories card. Well what I did was just to make some swirly movement with some yellow Distress Inks pads over a piece of card and this is what it came out like 😄👍
    Talking about the weather, what can you say other then it is awful right now. Very strong winds during the night and still is which have got new leafs back on the grass I worked so hard with to get leaf free the other day. It's dark and gloomy so the lights been on and heating too unless I got the fleecy on. Have to tidy up my workstation today, why are we such messy crafters 🙈 😃 and then I have a crystal art project to finish off, sadly not a full one but still pretty.
    Hope you all have a nice Sunday and that our friends and family members are getting better as the days go.
    Wish other people who are looking in on your blog Sandra, could have a minute to comment on the cards and other projects you and we are making. Would be nice to grow the "family" we have here in the cafe'. So come on ladies lets us get to know you better, we don't bite (much) 😊
    Take care ,stay safe and happy crafting everyone !
    Big hugs to all ,Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Wow you have all have pulled it out the bag yet again. Your card's are all really stunning
    SANDRA thank you so much for sharing.my Cards today.
    I am really having withdrawnals syndrome.
    It's been raiming all day its just eased off for a bit
    It's so dark now so I expect we have more to come.
    I will close now as I have lost two comments
    Love & Hugs Lynda xx
    Sending everyone Big Hug's xxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    What a lovely treat we get when we look at the blog on Sunday, this weeks challenge cards are gorgeous and all so very different. I’ve lost count of the times I scrolled through this weeks amazing collection they are all very inspiring.

    KAREN wishing you all the best in your new job, I hope you enjoy this new position xx 🤞

    We have also had a lot of rain yesterday it was really heavy, today has been a little better even has a bright spell mid morning, it didn’t last. It’s raining again!! Thank goodness we don’t have to go out.

    Take care everyone and stay safe, Love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say Sandra, how lovely it is to see some of Lynda amazing backgrounds xxx

      Delete
  8. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous selection of cards today, love them all 😊
    Love Lynda’s alcohol ink backgrounds, I really must use mine more.
    Sorry to hear your day didn’t go as planned yesterday. I spent most of the day browsing Pinterest and instagram for ideas on this weeks challenge, in the hope I’d make a start on a creation today. Then we got Luke’s negative results, so I was back in to work today. I never did decide on what I am going to do anyway, but I’m off work tomorrow so will decide then! (hopefully)
    Good luck tomorrow Karen, in your new job xx
    Enjoy the evening everyone, hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonia. So glad Luke’s result was negative. You can all relax as much as possible now. The strange or no taste in my mouth has gone at last so hoping to see Mum and Pop tomorrow at last xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. Such a beautiful show of challenge cards today. It’s interesting to see how popular DO’s are for B blending the gorgeous backgrounds.
    Maria please can you share the colours you used on the last card as it looks fabulous x
    Sandra I wish we could craft together as all I end up with each time I try and make a card is a desk full of die cuts, stamped card and heaps of tools and papers etc. Maybe I should send the photo of it each week 😒
    You xx so a fabulous job each and every day even while you have so many other things taking up your time my lovely. I hope you get your Mums sorted as soon as possible xx
    I hope the wind and rainstorms are not causing any of you any problems. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for Lynda, Mum and all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete