Wednesday 11 November 2020

Karen's Blended Background Challenge card

 







Good Morning Ladies, 

Today is definitely a day of reflection, time to give thanks to those that gave their lives so that we could live ours freely. 

We Will Remember Them !

I hope that you are all well and please know that gentle hugs are on route to those of you that are struggling. 

We did have a laugh yesterday filling in the form for Paul's surgery, some of the questions were hilarious, they wanted to know if Paul used any recreational drugs regularly, do you think people would tick yes even if they were?  I guess that they have to write these forms to cover everyone, they even have a section that was an Ebola risk assessment.  They also want to know how many pillows that you sleep on, whether you have ever had swollen ankles or Heart failure! Paul thought that they were asking questions so that they could email you offering you surgery for every ailment!  I will add if I had been filling it in it would have taken forever!  What even is Patheroid Syndrome???

Today's card is one of Our Karen's amazing creations, the backgrounds that Karen has created for this card is a Distress Oxide Blended background, leaving the centre panel white creates a lovely contrast,  the stamps that Karen has used for this card is designed by Julie Hickey, I really love the simplicity of that flower design and I have been tempted since I saw Karen's first card using it, I think the frame makes it.                                                                                                                                                      I absolutely love your design and your beautifully blended background. Thank you so much for inspiring us today XXX

It's going to be a long day for us today ladies, 

Sending love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                                                                                        xxxxxx

10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Karen-love your card, the colours are brilliant.

    I still haven’t got any inspiration for this weeks challenge-might need to play with my Embossing Folders this evening and see if that sparks any ideas.

    Sandra (& Paul)- I’ll be thinking of you both this afternoon.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning everyone
    Beautiful card KAREN.

    Today is definitely a a day when we all should give thanks and remember everyone who has ever served our Country in any way so that we can live in freedom.

    I shall be thinking of you both today.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting for you all.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all.TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SANDRA Only too pleased to help I hope it all goes well today
    A bit busy at the moment I will pop back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card Karen, great colour combo. I love it 😊
    Thinking of you and Paul today, hope all goes well xx
    Have a good day everyone. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, windy here today, towels on the line.

    Sandra will be thinking of you both today, yes the forms are catch all these days, as you say if it was us would be a lot more ticks, good luck to both.

    Karen your card is super, love the blending, my oxides came Monday, just waiting for the painter to finish. Does the stamp have a die to match? or did you fussy cut.

    Have a good day, hugs ,Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Great card today Karen.
    I hope everything goes to plan today Sandra. Will be thinking of you.
    Looks like it’s going to be a dull day today. Will have to get a couple of short walks in before it rains.
    Take care and seat safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and Ladies,

    Just had to get in early (well early for me anyway) Sandra just to say hope all is going well Paul and you are managing to keep yourself busy, but knowing you you will be fretting until he returns home. I am assuming that he will be sent home after surgery. When my sister had t both eyes done (on separate occasions of course) she returned home the same day.

    KAREN I absolutely love your card, you used the same stamp for my birthday card it’s gorgeous, thank you. Confession ..... Couldn’t resist - sorry to be a copycat but I’ve ordered it, I can see endless opportunities to use it. XX

    Hope everyone has a good day, Sandra and Paul you know I’m with you in every possible way. Take care, love and hugs Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ladies.
    Good luck for Paul today and hopefully you soon back home.
    Filling in forms for us as well just to go to the dentist and some questions were really about you wanted to have your teeth straighten or make them whiter etc. I'm grinding my teeth so should have a guard but £100,it's a lot of dies and stamps there Lol
    Love the card Karen, such nice colours together and the flower stamp is pretty.
    It's a cold day so heating is back on early. Bought a little radio for the kitchen so now I can sing along(very badly) and dance around while making cards so that's is next, right after another mug of tea.
    Have a nice day everyone, gentle hugs for you in pain and many hugs fro you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello MARIE I'VE just started grinding my teeth together since my front tooth fell out.
      Hug's Lynda xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Love your card Karen your backgrounds is so pretty & I love your flower stamp.
    SANDRA Ihope Paul's operation went well. Is he home now. I expect he is worn OUT. SENDING YOU BOTH SOME
    HUG'S ♥️
    Love & HUG'S LYNDA XXX ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete