Saturday 7 November 2020

Mixed Up Saturday featuring Michele's Magazine Review

 


Good Morning 

I hope you are all well and enjoying this fresh & crisp weekend.  It's easy forget that it's the weekend for most people as there is no difference between weekdays/weekends.  Do you know there are only 7 Saturdays until Christmas ๐ŸŽ„ after today, which is quite shocking, its certainly crept round fast.  I guess I had better have count up of my Christmas cards and see how many more I need to make.      Have you all finished your Christmas cards??

Danielle 





Danielle has designed an amazing gift box, perfect for gifting a personalised version of one of those big tubs of chocolates for Christmas,  its huge and I know she has designed an even bigger one.             The fact that she has remained as inspirational while undergoing treatment for Cancer absolutely blows my mind,  she is amazing!   I will leave the link to the YouTube video Tutorial for these boxes below....

Danielle's Gift Box Tutorial


Thanks Danielle for sharing your Tutorial with us XXX 



Michele's Magazine Review 

Hi Ladies 


Papercraft Essentials has a lovely gift this month-an Embossing Folder, Dies & Stamps.



Here’s some ideas of what’s inside the magazine.




First picture showing some ideas using the free gifts .




A more detailed look at some inspiration.





An alternative style-pastel colours.







Christmas decorations using the free gifts.







More 3D ideas using the free gifts.




Interesting article in Black Ice technique. I think this gives an impressive look.



Ideas using basic shapes-great inspiration.



Part two.



Another interesting article on Spotlight Stamping-think this looks lovely.



Just to show everyone there’s bargain subscription offers at the moment. This is a really good price-I think I’ll be taking two magazine subscriptions again for this price.



Great feature on using Alphabet stamps or Dies to make great cards for men.



Part two.



Well-that’s everything for this week so
Happy Crafting

Love Michele


Thanks so much Michele for another fantastic Magazine Review,  so many great features, I would like to investigate the Black Ice Technique more.
Thanks again my lovely XXX 

Have a lovely weekend everyone, 

Love and Hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Love the sign Sandra.

    The gift box by Danielle is fantastic, even more so as she’s continuing to craft through her treatment.

    We have a lovely, bright sunny morning. My plans are to go to the Post Office & the butchers this morning. Hubby has his eye test this afternoon. He finally managed to get a Flu vaccine yesterday as a friend phoned me to say they’d had some arrive for the Under 65’s. Three vaccines only so he was really lucky that it worked out .

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANIELLE - What an inspiration you are! Your gift box is a very clever idea Good luck with the rest of your treatment and keep crafting
    I love the saying I just need a bit of mojo
    Thank you MICHELE for the magazine review I have never heard of black ice technique either
    I hope you’re OK LILIAN after your fall So easily done It’s a definite design fault
    Take care all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra & ladies.
    What an inspiration you are Danielle. Love the boxes as well.
    Thanks for the magazine reviews again Michele. Love the embossing folder that’s on offer as well. I’ve also never heard of the black ice technique either.
    Lilian I hope your feeling a bit better today. I’ve just come back from a quick walk along Westfield and down Schofield.
    It’s a lovely sunny again this morning.
    Poor Gill rang the home where Bryan is to make sure everything was ok. Hollie one of the carers said I’ve done Bryan’s drops and replaced his eye patch. No Gill said the patch is only supposed to be on at night to protect his eye while he’s sleeping, and that’s only for a week. A good job she checked.
    Well take care & stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today.
    Danielle your gift box is beautiful, great to see one that is will hold a big tub of Celebrations. It makes for a more personal pressie or just looks so much nicer than the plastic tub. Well done you and keep on crafting. Sending gentle hugs x
    Sandra, love the saying ๐Ÿ˜ Sorry to hear Paul has to have his eyes done separately after all. We have to trust that the docs know best. Do you know yet how long he has to wait until the second one is done? Xx
    Michele, thanks for a great review. Like the others I am intrigued to look up and learn about the black ice technique x
    I am determined to get my challenge finished and sent to you as soon as possible today. I’m looking forward to this weeks challenge.
    Lilian, sorry you are in pain after falling. Please wrap yourself up in cotton wool x
    Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for Lynda, Mum, Lilian and all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone.
    Like the saying Sandra. Really sorry but no cc from me this week. Hoping to join you for the next one tho,if only body agreed.
    Lovely idea Danielle with the box for the big box choccies. Sending you a hug and hoping you doing alright.
    Thank you Michele for the magazine review. Some nice thing to make there and I actually watched a youtube yesterday about black ice technique and it looked pretty easy.
    Sad to see you in so much pain after your fall Lilian, sending you some gentle healing hugs and hope you feeling better soon.
    Lynda- can understand you not happy just to have a telephone consultation with the doctors but hopefully you can get some help.Hugs for you and Terry.
    Cheryl- hope you getting better and the tablets helped for your allergy. Take care.
    Sonia- saw your little rascal today. You can't be cross with him tho, just look at those eyes ๐Ÿ’•
    Margaret- hope you doing alright and Pop is looking after you, Big hugs for you both.
    Nice day so had a little walk this morning but want be doing much else , did clean the oven yesterday with the help of OH and cleaned some windows inside for saw the muck in the sunshine so body hurting a bit extra today.
    Wishing you all a nice day and hugs for all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies
    MICHELE THANK YOU FOR THE MAGAZINE REVIEW LOOKS VERY INTERESTING have a good weekend
    DANIELLE THANK YOU FOR BOX TUTORIAL LOOKS very straightforward I will check out the your you tube challenge instructions
    How are you doing sending big Hug's
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend we have another lovely sunny day
    Sending everyone Big Hug's & love
    Lynda xx❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone
    Sorry I didn’t get in yesterday, great challenge for next week, and lovely inspirational cards.
    Danielle, your box is lovely. Will watch the full video when I get a minute. Thinking of you going through your treatment xx
    Great magazine review Michele xx
    Omg, 7 Saturdays left before Christmas ๐Ÿ˜ฎ It’s all going to be last minute again for me as I’ve not given it any thought at all ๐Ÿ™„
    Lilian, hope you’re feeling a little better today, take it easy.
    Just seen a news clip, Biden’s won! Bye bye Trump ๐Ÿ™‚
    Hope you’re all having a good day whatever you’re doing. Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Danielle your gift box is lovely, what a great idea. This will be so useful for gifts this Christmas. Hope your treatment is going well. Love, prayers and ๐Ÿคžxx

    Michele great Magazine review, lots of inspiration there, just what I need right now, thank you for taking the time to bring this to us. xx

    Hope you have had a good day, I’ve been busy all day, but that’s good, the day passes quickly and keeps me occupied. Not that I’m ever looking for for anything to do, I have always got projects I’m working on, but like you all crafting opens so many interests.

    Lilian hope you are not in to much pain after your accident yesterday, take care and stay safe. xx

    I’m really Looking forward to seeing your challenge cards tomorrow as always I’m sure you have done Sandra proud.

    Goodnight sleep well, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete