Saturday 28 November 2020

Mixed Up Saturday featuring Michele's Magazine Review





Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

What are you all up to this weekend, I imagine that half the population of the UK are putting up their Christmas Decorations but we are nowhere near ready to do that, as I said previously, I would get sick if the clutter before the big day!  Our village are making a 'thing' of outside decorations this year, following on from the success of the Scarecrow Trail, a few houses have already started.  Do any of you decorate outside??


Karen


Karen has added another species to her growing Cute Crocheted Critter collection, this time it's the cutest Jellyfish I have ever seen, she has been crocheted in Aldi chunky yarn so she is a little bigger.  Karen you just have a way of making boring creatures look cute and desirable!                                      Thank you so much for allowing me to share them XXX


Michele


Our Michele is a Winner, she made some amazing cards with the magazine freebie, she made a stamp using funky foam and the free die. 





These are some of the cards that she made with the free die, after sending them in to the magazine she heard that she was being featured as 'Happy Mail' and won a £50 Craftstash Voucher too, which is amazing prize, I can't wait to see what you spend it on. XXX


Michele's Magazine Review

Hi Ladies, 



Diecutting Essentials issue 72 comes with a lovely free gift this month. A multipurpose sets of dies.


Here’s some ideas of what’s inside the magazine.



First of three features using the free gift-showing kits if different style cards.


Second article-new year & special occasions coveted here.



Party invitations & table decorations in this article.



I sent the editor a letter and when I opened the magazine I saw that I’d been chosen as the Star letter! They’re going to print another letter of mine next month.


Floating diecut frames explained in this article-don’t they look amazing?


Create Bokeh backgrounds using your circle dies.



More detailed explanation here.


I’m sure pretty cards like these could be created using what we already have in our stash.


How to create your own masks & stencils using diecut shapes.



Just using basic shaped dies  (or punches) you can create some lovely cards.



More ideas.


Telescopic apertures-I just love the look this technique creates.  You could use just about any set of dies to create this look.




More ideas.



That’s it for this week so
Happy Crafting

Love Michele


Thanks so much Michele,  another fantastic Magazine Review,  those telescopic apertures look great, great feature for using left over papers too. I really appreciate you taking time to write these features for us each week, the magazine companies should have you on commission!  XXX

***********************


I hope that you all have a lovely weekend my lovelies,


Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                                                                                          xxxxxx


13 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Karen-love your crochet creature, it’s great.

    We’ll wait a couple of weeks before we put the Christmas decorations up as I get fed up up them quite quickly.



    Tesco shopping this morning then I’m hoping to spend some time in my craft room.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone

    OH KAREN I just love your latest creation.He/She is just adoreable.

    Thank you MICHELE for your latest Mag Review.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting for you all to pop in.
    HUGS are winging their wayto you all.
    Wrap up Warm it's a cold one this morning.
    TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations MICHELE on your win Well done
    Great review of the magazine I might have to buy this one! This new crochet book has really quick ideas and I am so lucky to have this Aldi yarn that I have accumulated I cannot watch television without something on the go
    I was hoping to finish another card yesterday and couldn’t find the Die I wanted to use Surely I haven’t thrown it away by accident?!? So I went off doing some card making Instead we visited my daughter as we had some shopping to deliver I can’t wait to be able to give her the biggest hug when all of this is over
    We don’t put many Christmas decorations up An already decorated tree is about it and a few pieces the kids made from years ago I’m in two minds about this early decorating I’m sure it cheers people up but for me it’s sort of depressing as a reminder that family members are no longer here to celebrate AND that we can’t celebrate as we usually would too
    Have a lovely weekend all Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Oh Karen what a cutie your jellyfish is. So clever to be able to crochet these.
    Great mag reviews as usual Michele.
    Once again I had mail for 12 Schofield Gdns. Schofield Ave carriers onto into houses that were build in the field at the top of our rd. but some bright spark becides that the last 10 houses that go round to the right should be called Schofield Gardens. I remember once that Pete & I came home to find a big shed half built next to the one we already had, but was for 12 Schofield Gdns. I know that myself & No 14 have quite a lot of things delivered to us rather that to the correct place.
    Dark & damp here at the moment and doesn’t look like cheering up either.
    To early for me to put up decorations as well.
    Take care & stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all,
    Karen love your little jelly fish. Shame the real ones aren’t so cute.

    Michele, we have a star crafter in our midst, congratulations.

    Very informative mag review as usual, looks a really good issue.

    Bad head again today, so probably will have to sit and do nothing, going to try to make a card this afternoon and see how it goes.

    Hope you all have a good day, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry forgot to say I hate the Christmas decorations up early, I’m a bit of a Scrooge where Christmas is concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Michele
    Meant to say congratulations on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Just lost my comment GRRRR
    Congratulations Michael on your£50 win. Your magazines review is great
    Seems like a good one with the free gift looks good too. Very informative Thank you.
    KAREN I love your jelly fish so cute. How long do they take you.
    SANDRA hope your feeling better today. So glad I don't have them any more.
    I did some ironing this morning i have to sit down to do it. So have to rest now.
    Hope your day is going well have a good weekend everyone
    LOVE AND HUG'S LYNDA XXX 🤗🤗❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi everyone
    Oh my I do love the Jelly fish Karen ,he is so cute.

    Thank you Michele for the Mag. review and a big Congrats winning a prize !

    It's a dull day but we had a walk this morning which was nice. Two machine of washing done and dusting done. Hover will get it's exercise another day. Got stuck watching a Place in the Sun, well one can always dream.

    I hope you all have had a good day, Lilian hope your head feels better and Lynda and Margaret, gentle hugs for you.
    Take care, stay safe. Many hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone
    Love your jellyfish, Karen. He’s so cute 😊
    Great magazine review Michele and congratulations on your star letter. Enjoy spending your voucher 😊
    Long day at work today and it was dark when I left. It was lovely driving home seeing all the Christmas lights outside peoples houses. We don’t decorate outside, but have lights round the inside of the bay window. Mark didn’t get chance to get the decs out of loft today, but we will do it in the next few days. Earlier than usual for us admittedly, but I love Christmas ☺️
    Enjoy your evening. Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. Great tic tac toe for this week. And I loved the stamped Christmas tree card. I hope you felt up to crafting today my lovely xx
      Karen, I love the jellyfish, so cute and gorgeous colours x
      Michele, great review and congratulations on the lovely cards and your winning letter. Enjoy spending the voucher x
      Had a couple of busy days. Can’t believe we are just about into Dec! Have a feeling our docs are going to go up a bit earlier than normal. We have some lights outside, did put a tree outside one year but it is really windy at the front of our house and we were forever putting the baubles back in. Ended up tying them on. Haven’t done it since bug it did look nice. I love all of the pretty lights, just what I need on these dark dreary days. Hope you are all as well as possible. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for Lynda, Mum and all in need. Take care xx

      Delete
    2. Forgot to say that the saying is very true isn’t it 😄

      Delete
  11. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    I love the poster might just have to get a copy in my craft room, Karen your talents are fantastic, who would have thought somebody really want to hug jellyfish. Well done Michelle being a winner, well deserved. Love the magazine review, so many interesting features. I only got mine yesterday so was surprised to see your review today.m

    I have had quite a day, daughters asked what we wanted to do at Christmas, the options were go to one or the other. If we all got together as we have done forever. having 3 grandchildren at university and one grandson living away from home, that equals 7 households. As much as I desperately would have loved to say “to hell with it “. I had to say we have avoided contact since last March, let’s postpone Christmas and stay safe. If we contacted anything by leaving home, how would it affect the family. I have to say I had a few tears but only when I was on my own. It’s more important to stay safe. That way we all have a future together.

    Time to say night night everyone, Love and hugs, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete