Saturday 14 November 2020

Mixed Up Saturday

 


Good Saturday Ladies,

I hope that you are all enjoying the weekend, what are you all up to?  I have set myself a challenge to make 4 cards today, I don't usually make goals like that as I don't like to feel under pressure but I just feel I am in a rut and not getting anything made,  take yesterday for instance I went into my Craft Room at 12.30, I had decided on a project and just got one part die cut and then the phone rang, it was my sister, 2 hours later I was no further forward, then my other sister called, then it was teat time, that seems to be how the days are disappearing.   I did have to do other things, I was ringing to price up Skip hire for clearing Mum''s house and also trying to get a Charity to collect some of her furniture but they just aren't interested, it's so frustrating as it's too good to put in a skip.  
I will let you know how I get on.



Danielle





Our Danielle hasn't let Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy hold her back, just look at all of these amazing projects that she has been making!  She has started a 6 Week Christmas Countdown over on her YouTube Channel.
I am so amazed at her resilience, she had not let her diagnosis stop her, such an inspiration I am so hugely proud of her.  
Her 4th project is even better, I will leave the link to the first project below....

Danielle's Christmas Countdown 


Michele's Magazine Review 

Hi Ladies, 

Diecutting Essentials has a lovely gift this month-a 4 piece set of Dies.





Here’s some ideas of what’s inside the magazine.







Here’s the first article showing us some ideas using the free gift. Cards & gift tags.







Some more ideas but using very different colours. I think these look lovely.






More ideas using the free gift-this time there’s some great birthday cards.



Great article on Faux tie died backgrounds which make for a very interesting card,



I’m sure we’ve all got some border Dies (or punches) that we can use to create something similar to this.






More ideas.







This article explains how to create Inked impressions using Dies-I think this gives a lovely feature to the cards,



I’m sure we can all find a diamond shape to make these cards-great ideas for men’s cards.




Lots more inspiration.







What a lovely gift this would make.




Blast from the past-Iris folding!




Some lovely ideas using poppy stamps.



I’m sure we’ve all got Dies of a similar shape that we could use to recreate these cards.



More inspiration.



That’s all for this week so
Happy Crafting

Love Michele


Michele thank you so much for another fantastic Magazine Review,  ooh so many lovely features in this months magazine.

Our Brenda has that Poppy Collection featured in this edition, it is absolutely stunning and I am very tempted to get a set for myself. 

The Birthday Calendar feature is something both Sue and I have looked at making but the one we saw was a MDF kit that we saw at Ally Pally. So I sm tempted to have a go! 

So many great features,  I might just have to get one, that Free Gift Dir set is amazing too!

Thanks again Michele XXX


Ladies I hope you all have a lovely weekend, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx 

8 comments:

  1. Wow Danielle You are such an inspiration Your projects are lovely
    I think the saying is so apt Sometimes I find stuff thatI’d forgotten about when looking for something Most of the time though I’m looking for something I know I have and can’t find it!
    Thank you MICHELE for the magazine review I bought a couple of those mdf calendars as gifts I thoroughly enjoyed making it but I think the recipients weren’t quite so impressed I even supplied them with a Sharpie and more jump rings to write the names they wanted etc I would suggest make one for yourself OR as a gift knowing exactly the birthdays you want to add
    It has turned really dismal here I need to re-watch the video again on using the photo collage dies I bought and then Oscar’s will be finished too It’s probably felt like a long process to you all It really isn’t I have just been faffing with other things too
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets try again on my laptop!

    Great projects from Danielle.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello All, very wet and miserable here.

    The projects from Danielle are amazing, she really is an inspiration to us all, so glad to hear she is so positive.

    Michele great magazine review, I could be tempted by the poppy set, featured, I love poppies.

    Going to finish my this weeks challenge card, and then sort my room out again, as I put so much stuff away when we were using it as a kitchen, so that will take me some time, I’ve bought a new chest of draws , but have to make space before I get R to make it up. I am hoping it will help me to be a bit more organised.

    Enough waffling must get out of bed, have a good day all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love the quote 😊
    Oh Danielle, your creations are stunning, I love them 😊
    Great magazine review Michele, I have a similar snowflake border die (Memory Box) which I will have to get out after seeing those lovely cards.
    I hope you manage to spend some time crafting today, I really need to get going on Christmas cards or else I can see me buying more than I usually do!
    Hope everyone has a good day. Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Lovely projects from Danielle. You really are an inspiration to everyone the way your keeping going through your treatment,
    Well it’s pouring with rain here today. I certainly won’t be walking in that.
    A great saying Sandra and very apt.
    I was allowed to see Doreen yesterday which was lovely. A New directive from the government apparently. Lynda who helps the cook at the home brough us some new lemon cake she was trying out. She asked me what the cake with the creamy brown on top was. I said it was a baileys cheesecake that my granddaughter made. She was amazed that all 3 cakes were home made. Anyway she asked for the recipe, Livvy apparently didn’t use a recipe but had made it up using a veg setting jelly powder. I’ve never heard of that at all.
    Anyway Livvy rang me around 6 and said she was making pizzas and would I like one. Of course I said yes please so she brought me one down and that’s what I’m having for my tea. Still big but not as big as before so I freeze half of it as well.
    Bryan’s cataract surgery didn’t work Gill told me yesterday. As he’s bedridden he wasn’t able to look at computers or read which he was advised not to do for awhile. But because of the other things he had wrong with them it didn’t take. He’s apparently going down hill fast with not being able to see any family so Gills going to see if they can visit him but also in his room which according to Gill is just about bigger that a broom cupboard which 2 people share. Sounds pretty awful for a very lot of money.
    I have a casserole I. The slow cooker which I shall have for tomorrow and freeze the rest.
    Take care & stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning ladies
    Love the saying, so true
    Wonderful makes by Danielle. Hope you doing ok.
    Thank you Michele for the mag. review. Some lovely makes in there for some nice cards.
    Raining so no walk. Need to get mojo up to finish the cc and send them off so best get a wiggle on
    Have a good day everyone. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Oh Daniel I love your beautiful box and the cards, I will pop over to UTube and check out your amazing projects.

    Michele thank you for the magazine review. I’ve had such a busy week and haven’t actually looked at mine, it’s on the stool at the side of my chair, There is always so much inspiration in that brilliant magazine.

    I hope one day soon you will be able to get to Mums house and do the final clearance. Have you asked the couple who are buying mums house if they want any of the furniture?

    Take care everyone and stay safe, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great read thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete