Sunday 3 September 2017

Your Challenge Cards






Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Michele chose a fantastic Sketch to Challenge you all with this week, she also made some fantastic cards to give you a little inspiration for your cards.
So let's get on and see what designs you all decided on........



Janet





Janet has made four absolutely gorgeous cards for this sketch, the first card is so pretty, this would make a beautiful Ruby Wedding Anniversary card, or a stunning birthday card.
The second card has three adorable cats on, such sweet images, Janet such a lovely card for almost anyone.
The third card is just a perfect girly card, with those three lovely dolls on, I love the colours and pretty papers you have used, perfect card for any little girl.
Janet's final card is a beautiful Baby Girl card, again you have chosen three darling images, all working beautifully with the theme and style of the card, what an amazing Keepsake! 
Thank you so much Janet for all 4 of your fantastic cards.
XXX

Karen

Karen has made a fantastic Christmas Card,
I love this design Karen, super easy to batch make too, o know blue isn't necessarily a traditional Christmas colour but I personally think it works perfectly for anything snow/ice related, I made quite a few dark blue Christmas  cards last year.
Anyway here is Karen's description.....

Here's my challenge card
I will definitely make more similar to this because it was so easy to do. I used Spellbinder dies to create the card blank and mats. The embossing folder was a bargain bucket buy from The Snowman Range by Crafters Companion. The narrow strip, circles and snowflakes were shapes in ScanNCut. The sentiment is from Sue W Triple Perspectives Range
Lots of love
Karen

Thank you so much Karen 
XXX

Val

Val, just love this card, one of the reasons I love it is because your die cut circles remind me of 'jammy Dodgers', my goodness me I'm craving an English biscuit! 
Seriously though such a beautiful thank you card Val, I love everything about it! 
Thank you so much for taking part.
XXX

Margaret 



Margaret is right back into it this week with two cards, two gorgeous cards too!
The first a pretty Christmas card, beautifully embossed with a 3D embossing folder, four pretty snowflake adorn the top half of the card, then to finish a lovely red ribbon.
The second card and my favourite  (sorry), a pretty birthday card made using 'Stampin'Up Fresh Florals' paper, a die cut 'Lots of Labels' tag for the sentiment and that pretty Stampin'Up Flourish Thinlits' border and flowers. A truly stunning card Margaret, thank you so much for taking part, the line up is just incomplete without hour cards.
xxx

Lilian

Lilian has also gone for a Christmas card for this week's Challenge, as always with Lilian's challenge cards there is some beautiful background papers, in such a pretty shade, then Lilian has die cut the letters for ' Noel and die cut a scalloped circle in matching colour and then a stitched edge circle upon which the letters were placed, a couple of pieces of foliage complete this lovely card.
I think your 'Mojo' is returning Lilian,
Thank you so much for taking part. 
XXX 

Maria


Maria is back from her weekend away and straight into her craft space to make not one but Two gorgeous  Challenge cards.
The first I  traditional Christmas colours features four of the cutest snowmen, mounted onto die cut circles of red card, a pretty ref and white go gingham ribbon finishes the card beautifully. 
Maria's second card is a beautiful birthday card, the side has been decoupaged (I think) to give some stunning detail, a pretty yellow ribbon along the centre of the card draws your eye over to the four pretty circles that have really pretty floral images on them.
Two stunning cards Maria, thank you so much for taking part.
XXX
Michele managed yet another Challenge card this week ladies, a gorgeous Thank you card featuring four cute kitties! I love the embossed detail on the strip that features your sentiment Michele. 
Thank you so much for squeezing another one in my lovely.
XXX 

Brenda

Brenda has made a wonderful Christmas card for this week's challenge, a lovely hammered finish card gives a 'snowy' background effect, on to this Brenda added three lovely MDF mini Christmas images, on top of three red squares, a pretty ribbon adorns the side of the card which gives a pretty finish to this lovely card.
Thank you so much for taking part Brenda.
XXX

Lynda
Lynda has made a stunning card for the challenge this week, the top half is gorgeous Lynda, it was made using Spectrum Noir inks dropped onto paper/card then Lynda sprinkled some Mica powders on to the wet ink and dried it, backing onto a narrow black Matt really highlights all the colour and Mica detail, such a work of art Lynda,
To finish the card, Lynda added four pretty images, die cut into circles with a sprig of foliage and some pretty ribbon to finish.
I love this card Lynda, your background is stunning.
Thank you so much for taking part Sweetheart.
XXX





Once again  you have done Michele proud ladies, I cannot tell you how rewarding it is to see so many lovely cards made for 'Your challenge ', I am so pleased that Michele  has got to experience that, I know that last week she was really amazed at seeing so many gorgeous  cards.
So thank you once again my dear, dear friends!

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra xxx 


21 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    OHHHHHHHHHHHH what a bumper bundle we have this week of CCs.
    So many that I've had to get the extra display board out for them all.
    Once again I'm so pleased that I haven't got to choose a favourite as I love them all.
    Looking forward to tomorrow's sketch.

    Yesterday was a reasonable day in that Meadowhall wasn't too busy and that I settled down in the afternoon to watch a video!
    Nothing planned for today so we'll see what happens.

    The CAFE is OPEN and the lunch menu is Roast Beef etc.
    Please place your orders.

    HUGS are on their way for you all. Have a good Sunday whatever you have planned. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet. I was going to ask what you'd used for the images. 4 lovely card Being a cat person those little pussies really appeal to me. Beautiful cards.
      Sorry I'm going out today as would have loved some roast beef. Xxx

      Delete
  2. Hello again
    I forgot to say that my cards are Craft U Print designs which I bought more than a few years ago before I started Die Cutting etc. I still go back to them as they're always so useful.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Sandra and ladies,
    Sandra, hope the first stage of the journey goes well and you manage to fit everything (and everyone) back in the car.

    What an array of lovelyness today ladies. Every card is beautiful and has a WOW factor. Haven't got a favourite cos they're all so lovely.
    Sandra, I never thought of my circles looking like jammy dodgers ha ha. I put glitter foam underneath to show through the hearts and have since made one with stars in place of the hearts which could be used as a Christmas card.

    My brother and SIL are visiting today. Very excited. Sadly they can't stay with me as my brother is so allergic to animals and the one time they did stay he had an asthma attack and was really ill. So they're over here with another couple staying at their holiday home around 30 minutes drive away. They're here until Friday so will be having a few meals out and a lot of laughs together.

    PAT good to read that Pete is managing to do things and putting his problems to the back of his mind Hugs to you both.xxx

    LYNDA Hope you and Terry are both ok. Xxx

    Love to all not feeling so good xxx

    Bye for now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Ladies

    Late visit from me-had a much needed lie in then a vey leisurely breakfast with hubby.

    WOW-what a brilliant selection of card, all beautiful & all so very different.

    Janet-my crazy friend would love the card with the cat images on it.

    It's wet & windy here this morning so no gardening or getting g the washing dried outside. Ah well-it will do the garden good.

    I'm hoping to get into my craft room later today as I was asked to make a 60th birthday card yesterday-no hurry she said, just needs it for the end of September, which means I need to make it before we go on holiday! Plus I have a few other family birthdays as soon as we get home so those cards need making.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous card ladies What I particularly like is how some have turned the sketch on its head and used it upside down, sideways etc
    Like JANET has said I am so pleased I haven't got to chooose a favourite
    Thank you MICHELE for doing the recent challenges I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us tomorrow!
    Great to see cards from LYNDA as you've had such a hard week and from LILIAN- so pleased that your mojo is coming back
    I'm keeping an eye on the weather today because rain is forecast for us AND a friend in the Salsa world is having a picnic in Enfield park I hope it stays dry for everyone taking part and dry enough that we can go with Oscar!
    The ironing is staring at me so I'd better go and make a start Take care all x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning ladies,

    A veritable cornucopia of wonderfulness in all the challenge cards on show today. Take a bow ladies, you thoroughly deserve one.

    Pat, the Pre-school would be thrilled to receive some of your old stamps. I gave them some rocker blocks earlier this year to enable them to use some stamps I included in their 'goodie' bags. I would be only too glad to pay the postage.

    Yesterday's hour of gardening turned into all morning. The weather was beautiful, I even managed to hose out all my recycle bins and dustbins. We have a problem with the original decking Pete and I installed when Jamie was just 4 years old. A lot of the wood has rotted from underneath and whilst I was sweeping up leaves from my Black Bamboo, one gave way and I ended up with my foot straight through it. The suddenness of the drop caused me fall sideways which luckily I had chance to twist my body so that I landed on all fours. Luckily I did not twist or break my ankle just a bit of pain later on where it had touched the sides of the adjacent planks. whew!

    Rain has set in today so I am up early ready to go into Lidl's to hopefully purchase a hedge trimmer and electric branch saw which I can see would come in handy for me to prune the older bushes & shrubs with thicker limbs. My arthritic hands no longer hold my trusty curved saw any longer.

    Hugs for all that need one..
    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl
      I'll have a sort out and send them to you. I'll pay the postage as it's for a good cause. Might need to send them in 2 lots though.

      Delete
    2. Hi Cheryl
      I hope your not in to much pain today. It must have been a shock to the system the deck plank giving way like that. I've just told Pete re the electric branch trimmer. We've a few limbs on trees to cut off on the Rowan Tree at the bottom of our garden. It's not even ours. But all the seeds drop and start up more. Hence all the rubbish that needs to be got rid off.
      Quite a few years ago the pre school where Karen works moved there fence forward by at least 6 feet. Thus leaving all their mess at the end of our garden.

      Delete
    3. Hi Pat, thank you so much re the stamps. Bit drastic of the Pre-School to move their fence. I think it would have been better for the Pre-school to chop the rowan tree down as the seeds are poisonous to youngsters. I do believe that under bye-laws you have to give the tree detritus that you cut off back to the owners so it maybe worth you contacting the council and making a formal complaint that they are not clearing up the mess from the tree. x

      Delete
    4. Not to sure that would work Cheryl. The rowan tree is beyond their fence so most of the seeds fall on our side. Well it's more like no mans land, but obviously the brambles, rowan seeds encroach on our side. Will probably need to talk to the pre school which might ge a bit awkward as Karen Petes daughter works for them.

      Delete
  7. Hi Sandra and ladies.
    Wow, what a fabulous selection of cards today. Janet, not to sure how you made yours though. But they're lovely.
    I assume by now you've finished your packing and are on the road. I hope you have a pleasant and un eventful journey home. Looking forward to seeing what Shabby Chic goodies you bought over in France. We stopped buying gifts for everyone years ago. We spent a lot of time wondering what to hug everyone. It was just to much hassle.
    Looking forward to seeing you when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet Pat, we helped get tent down and packed and left everything laid out ready to be packed, I think we must hinder Paul so the girls and I went for a coffee and are now lounging by the pool waiting for Paul to finish, we will have a leisurely lunch and leave here about 3pm.
      Arrive in Millau about 7pm in time to go out for dinner (nothing exciting though, the girls want McDonald's!) Yuck!!
      Have a lovely day ladies, Janet can I order 4 roast beef dinners please, I hope you have some lovely buttery spring cabbage!!
      Love and hugs
      Sandra
      xxxxxc

      Delete
    2. Hi Sandra
      I agree with you about McDonalds yuk. When we were coming home from Australia we had a 2 day stopover in Singapore. The only place open at silly o'clock was a McDonald's. I hope Paul managed to pack everything.You must be halfway to Millay by now. Have a safe trip home.

      Delete
  8. Hi ladies and Sandra.
    As usual it's always a treat to see all your hard work. I've pinned a few to my Pinterest for later. I'm hoping g will take me to craft shop today to get my Xmas supplies. Although I'm still struggling to walk I'm sure I can manage round the craft shop lol. Just have to promise he can do what he wants for the next two weeks without me meaning at him whilst in hols.
    Staying at my moms as we are doggy sitting whilst she an stepdad are away on hols.
    Hopefully get crafting next week as I'm still having to rest. Certain ways I move causes agony never had pain like it. All that from getting off the sofa. Still dunno how I managed it lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey
      Hope you managed to get G to take you to the craft shop. Wish they'd spread them out a bit better around the country.
      Crikey fancy a small thing like getting off the sofa causing you so much pain. Gentle hugs are coming your way.

      Delete
  9. Hello Sandra and Ladies,
    WOW.....WOW.....WOW what a brilliant selection of cards. Janet I love those cats! Every card is a just great and all are so inspiring.
    I hope Paul has managed to pack the tent up, don't forget to take him a cup of coffee, he has certainly earned it. Have a safe an uneventful journey to Millau.

    Enjoy your day everyone, Love and hugs, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra I commented yesterday but it disappeared & as it was late & I was tired I gave up. There is a lovely selection of cards today all lovely, thank you Michele for setting them while Sandra has been on holiday. Sandra hope you have a safe & trouble free journey home.xxx
    Michele thank you for magazine review, very useful.xxx
    Janet your buys are great,
    I love your card.xxx
    Cheryl your card, box & ring are stunning, I am sure your sister & brother in law were delighted with them all. I hope you are not suffering from your accident yesterday, take care. xxx
    Well I have date for op.it is now 22nd Sept. I was hpping it would be earlier but not too bad, at least I can go to Ally Pally but it is day before my MacMillan coffee morning, I shall have to be organised by Thurs. at least on the day Sue & Gem do all the hard work, I could not do it without them.
    Sending hugs to Lynda & Terry, & also Pat & Pete & anyone else who needs them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs Margaret. It's good that you have a date for your op. Even if it is a few weeks away.

      Delete
  11. Hi Everyone
    Sandra hope the first leg of your journey went smoothly & your all settled for the night. Have a good trouble free journey Tomorrow ( did the girls get their MD)
    Thank you Sandra for putting my card on your wonderful blog as I did send it to you late.
    MICHELE I hope you get all your cards done befor your holiday. Thank you for this weeks challenge sketch I must say ladies all the your cards are Amazing
    love them all.
    MARGARET thank you for your HUG'S much appreciated. Pleased you have a date for your operation & you still get to go AP. Hope Pop is better. Sending you both HUG'S xx
    PAT how are you my friend thank you so much for my beautiful Ecard you sent me & C underpants it did cheer me up. Sending you both some special HUG'S xx
    CHERYL what a shock for you falling through the decking hope your ankle is ok
    Take care my dear.Hug's on the way.
    KAREN thank you for your Hug's. Hope you had a good day. Did you see Oscar over the weekend sending some Hug's for you too.xx
    LILLIAN glad to see your mojo is coming back love your card.Some Hug's for you xx
    TRACY hope G took you to craft world wish we had one in Kent. Hope your back is better soon Gentle Hug's on there way.xx
    SUE thank you so very much for your card we both appreciated it love & Hug's x
    Nothing much happened today went in a flash sorry for late post.
    Sending Hug's for all you lovely ladies on Sandra's wonderful blog.for your kind words & hug's over this last week.THANK YOU ALL.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi all. Sorry another late posting but have tried before but haven't been able to make any posting anywhere, no idea why but here I am at last and no wonder Janet you needed to take out another board to showcasing all these lovely cards and you managed to make four, they are all fantastic ! Like Karen say it is fun to see all different ways we have turned this sketch around this time. Thanks again Michele for keeping this up, looking forward to see what you have come up with for us tomorrow.
    Cheryl- glad you didn't break anything but ouch it must have hurt. Do you think you can take it easy for a few days ? if not, promise to be careful !hugs
    Tracy- it's lovely to see you in but sad to hear you are in pain. Take it easy and hopefully you be ok in a day or so. hugs
    Lilian- hope you doing alright. Nice to see your mojo have come back and you made this beautiful Christmas card. hugs
    Lynda- hope your migraine have taken a long hike and will leave you alone for a looong time. Take it easy, hugs for you and Terry.
    Pat- what's on this week ? Hope you can have an easier week then the ones you had lately. hugs for you and Pete.
    Val- say Hi to your brother and SIL and have some wonderful, happy days together. Hope the weather stays nice .
    Sue- hope you had a great time with the boys ? and not to exhausted after the weekend. Love to hear what you did.
    Margaret- good to see you got a new appointment. Do you still have to use the drops ? Not long now to AP, hope you can come. I have arranged being dropped and picked up by SIL hubby so I can go yay ! Can't wait to see some of you again. Had a busy morning, then nearly finished writing the cards that need posting for overseas for this month. OH is having hospital tomorrow morning and I having the stitches out and physio at another one in the afternoon. hope this is posting now and I will be in a bit earlier tomorrow if possible. Good night everyone Xxxx

    ReplyDelete