Monday 25 September 2017

Monday Challenge

My Challenge card

The Challenge

Good Morning Ladies,

This week's challenge may look complicated but it really isn't, I have come to the conclusion that the more restricted you are to what products you can use the easier the design process becomes.  I often come into my craft room thinking " great, I have lots of new goodies to play with" but then you can't decide what to use! 
So for this challenge you can Either use both sides of the challenge,(sketch and tic tac toe) Or you can choose either side, so maybe you just want to try the sketch or just the tic tac toe, it's entirely up to you.

I used both, I followed the sketch and used categories:
Tags/Flowers/No patterned paper

I started by creating my own decorative background using my new Distress Oxide inks and the new Creative Expressions 'Floral Happiness Journaling' stamp set (which I love)!! 
I then picked two colours out of the background to use as my accent colours, I went for the 'Fossilized Amber' and 'Broken China' which just happen to match brilliantly with 'Daffodil Delight' and 'Island Indigo' card stock, match made in heaven! 
I matted the background onto the 'Daffodil Delight's card, then created a border strip with the same colour card, adding a piece of matching ribbon and a decorative edge, made by cutting 'Island Indigo' card with the Stampin'Up! 'Ribbon Border Punch' and adhered that to the edge of the border.
I stamped my sentiment using 'Worn Lipstick' distress oxide ink and embossed it, I then added a pretty border using small elements from the same stamp set. I mounted this onto a scalloped circle of 'Island Indigo' card, to finish I added to pierced flags cut from the same card and added a few Gems.
Quite a pretty card I think, I hope you like it.

Hopefully as you are reading this we will become our way to London, we haven't planned much today, as we weren't sure how long it would take to get into London and then get to our hotel, so we will probably just do a bit of sight seeing.
Tomorrow I booked us a slot at the Sky Garden, which is a tower as high as the shard but has beautiful gardens at the top, oh yes and it's FREE! We will have can early dinner and then get ready for our show. 

I hope you all have a lovely week ladies.

Love and hugs to all of you 

Sandra 

12 comments:

  1. Good morning all
    Great idea for a CC It is really helpful (to me) to have "limits" (steady Mr Grey!)
    I hope all that are struggling are on the mend
    I have been to Sky Tower It is so pretty and magnificent views there is a building I think it's a church or is it - I can't remember now which I have promised myself to visit ooh my brain! I think it was the first place which rang bells to warn about the Great Fire or something Anyway there was something really significant about it.... and exceptionally old architecture fascinates me I wonder about who lived there and what they did
    Don't forget the V&A is free too but don't overdo it SANDRA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    from an extremely wet Sheffield. It's pouring down as I'm sat here and oh so thankful that I'm not going outside today. Mr Tesco will be like a drowned rat when he delivers my groceries this morning.

    SANDRA and PAUL- have a lovely few days in London and hopefully all plans go as organised.

    Not sure what I'm planned for today but as usual something will turn up it usually does.

    The CAFE is OPEN and looking inviting so pop in for a while and have a chat and look at the display board.

    HUGS are winging their way under brollies this morning so take care when receiving them we don't want you all doing a 'Mary Poppins'lol. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Sandra and all,
    Hope you're well on your way now Sandra. Have a safe journey and a wonderful few days. Sounds like you're going to fit a lot of things in, it all sounds lovely. I've only ever been to London once in my life and that was on a March so don't remember much except seeing Big Ben and being so disappointed as it was so small and always looked so big on the tele.

    Good cc Sandra. Going to do it today as I've got another busy week.

    PAT hope you and Pete get on ok today. Thinking of you. Hugsxxx

    MARGARET and BRENDA. Hope those nasty cold germs are going away and you're both feeling a bit better today.xxx

    Bye for nowxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Ladies,

    I still haven't fathomed out who stole last week from me. One day it is Monday, then the next time my brain functions it is Friday and I still hadn't made my grandson Joshua's Birthday card!
    I have now made a decision that weekends will be mine not panto costumes. Still awaiting material and patterns for main characters, have enough odd bits for the dame to get out of the way first.
    I shall be using the Tic Tac Toe selection for my friend John's birthday today. He lives in the village so I can deliver it later.

    Must play catch up now with all comments from last week.

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra
    Lovely challenge card today. I hope the weather is kind to you in London. Have a great time and as I said the hotel is lovely. We were going to the Shard when we next go to London. However, we'd already come to the conclusion it was to expensive and would do the Sky garden instead. Hope the weather is good for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and ladies

    Love the card Sandra. Hope u all have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all from a very wet and dull day in MK but I really hope that your day and the next few days will be kind for you and Paul in London Sandra.
    I like the colourful card and cc for this week so will do my best.
    Pat- hope all goes fine today, thinking of you. hugs
    Brenda and Margaret- hope your colds get better soon, nasty things. Have you got the flu jab done ?
    Not much planned at all for today, only waiting for some oomph Lol. Wish you all a nice day, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and Ladies,
    I hope you manage to reach your destination without to many hiccups. The London traffic is awful and so many one way streets. When my sister lived in the same street as your hotel, she had a flat at the rear of number 70 opposite the entrance to your car park, she is now in Drury Lane, in a very tiny flat. Having lived for years in Ely Place (it's between Farringdon and Hatton Garden) in a house with nine bedrooms, she really had downsized. (There are so few ladies going into religious life her community had no need for a London House.) Ely Place also has a pre reformation church on the left, called St Ethelredas, unfortunately there are lots of steps, so would not be a good idea for you to explore Sandra. It's worth a visit just to the area just to see the architecture. But then London has so many interesting areas tucked away. ......
    Enjoy your stay. xxx

    Love today's card the colours you have used are so vibrant. I must get around to testing my Oxide Distress inks, I only have four so might pop up and borrow yours while you are away!!! This challenge offers so many options, must get my thinking cap on.

    MARGARET hope your cold is easing and you are starting to feel better. I find it takes me longer to get over them these days ..... think it's the age thing - again !!! Sending gentle ((((hugs)))) xx

    LYNDA Are you still looking after Joseph? He sounds a lovely young man. Hope you have been resting while you are there. xx

    OH just returned from a shopping trip, lunch is ready, so will go and listen to his adventures.

    Take care everyone, Love and hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello All, it's been a lovely sunny day here.

    Sandra love the bright colourful card, also the challenge is great.
    By now you will be having a lovely time together, hope the journey went well.

    iPad gave up the ghost this morning, luckily new one arrived this morning and R said I could have it early, so I've spent this afternoon setting it up, trying to remember all my passwords.

    Hope everyone has had a good day, hugs to all, Lilian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lilian
    How lovely that you had sunshine today. Our day was gray and overcast. How lovely that your new iPad gave up the ghost just as your new one arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra hope you both have enjoyed your first day in London, I really hope the weather is kind to you, all sounds lovely.
    I love your card & really hope to take part in cc this week.xxx
    Brenda my cold is running it's course, could have done without it just hope Alan doesn't get now he has at last got his hip op. date on 12th Oct, hope you feel better soon, this getting old is no fun.xxx
    Pat hope today wasn't too bad.xxx
    Maria sorry you are still in pain, hugs on way.xxx
    Today has been busy again but had a little visitor for a few hours & he is coming to see us again tomorrow with Grandad, he is a pleasure to have here.
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete