Saturday 30 September 2017

Mixed Craft Saturday

 Mixed Craft Saturday


 Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well and relaxed ready for the weekend, as it's Saturday there are some lovely mixed crafts for you to look at.

First up today is the amazing birthday gift I received from Janet, I was absolutely blown away by the amount of detail Janet put into this amazing album.


It was made using so many shades of my favourite colour (Green).  Beautiful ribbons 
Decorate the spine of the album


Beautiful papers used throughout the album, this page had a pretty pocket with
 a lace edged tag inside. Then there was a gentle reminder of my age! Haha



A beautiful sentiment and a lace trimmed pocket and tag, pretty pearl trim too.


I love this page, with the afternoon tea idea, the doilies fit the theme perfectly.


Another very true sentiment, gorgeous papers, the pretty pocket is filled with lovely 
embellishments.

This page features what Janet does best...Vintage!! A pretty vintage image decorated
Perfectly, the little metal charms are stunning.



Even the back of the album is beautiful!!
Thank you Janet for the most beautiful gift, which I will treasure forever.
XXX

Tracy

Tracy sent me some photos of some very pretty things, the first is the amazing cake that Tracy's best friend Janet created, it is absolutely gorgeous, I love the delicately coloured lace on the top and bottom layers, the perfectly made bunting on the centre tier and the flowers on the top of the cake have been beautifully made, such an incredible cake, thank you to Janice for allowing Tracy to share it with us.




Tracy has made these three absolutely stunning cards, I think the first one might be my favourite, I love the script background and that dress is absolutely gorgeous!
Is it a stamp or die Tracy?? 
The second card uses a Sue Wilson Embossing Folder and lattice background die, Tracy you have embellished this card so beautifully, that metal heart charm is lovely,
as are the stunning arrangement of flowers you have added.
The third card uses the SW Heart Lattice E Folder, a pretty Spellbinders Heart die and the beautiful Cheery Lynn Flourish dies. A beautifully designed card Tracy, thank you so very much for sharing your crafts with us.
XXX

Karen

Karen has added a few more of these four tier storage towers to her craft room storage, these are both light weight and sturdy, they also have drawers that you can see through so you don't have to open each one to find what you are looking for! 
Karen bought them from the Range.  I'm pretty sure Margaret has these too and our Michele. Thank you for sharing your shopping Karen.
XXX

I am hoping to get some time in my craft room today, it just didn't happen yesterday, we seemed to be playing catch up all day. I had a pile of parcels that needing posting, because Paul was away all of last week (so I couldn't get anything posted) and then we left early Monday for London, so Brenda, Lynda and Cheryl you have all got something on route and I am sorry for the delay.  Maybe one day I will have the courage and strength to step out of that door without Paul, currently just the thought makes my heart race and nausea start! 

I hope that you all get some craft time in this weekend, I look forward to seeing the results.

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxxx




11 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    I just love 'Mixed Up Saturday' as I love to see what everyone creates as well as beautiful cards.

    I loved doing that small album based on the 'crafty stash' theme. The pocket idea just fits the bill for hiding little crafty things in.

    TRACY- that cake is just beautiful and looks so inviting but also just too lovely to cut into.
    Your cards are beautiful and I have chosen your third card as my favourite.
    I just wish I had a craft room big enough to house those stash boxes.

    Off on our usual Meadowhall shopping first thing this morning and then my flu jab at 11.30 so will have to get a wriggle on this morning.

    The CAFE is OPEN for business. Goodies will be on the counter after lunch so help yourselves.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all. Have a good Saturday and I hope all plans go well. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Sandra and to all looking in today.
    A big WOW for the amazing gift you got from our Janet. So many beautiful papers and so many gorgeous things to look at. A lovely gift.
    Tracy- thank you for sharing with us the fabulous cake your friend has made. It is just so big and looks so good. Love the 3 cards you are sharing with us too, they are all wonderful ! Love the bride and groom.
    Karen- hope the room decoration goes well and I love your new box storage's, I can see them being so useful for all things. Love to see a photo when your room is done.
    I hope you all have a nice Saturday whatever you are up to. Pat- hope you have a nice day.
    I'm going to a work shop with Julia this morning (stamping mostly) but haven't had much sleep so hoping to keep up and not fall behind too much Lol.
    We are going away for four nights from tomorrow so I won't be in the cafe', not taking the lappi with me but will be back as soon as because I will be missing you.
    Might have a look in tonight, never know with me Lol
    Love and hugs to you all, Maria Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello All, dry at the moment, but we are expecting the remnants of the hurricane to it us this afternoon, our local weather chap is always very dramatic.

    Janet what a beautiful book for Sandra, I have several of these that are still blank!!!! I take them out and then don’t know quite where to start, hope you don’t mind if I steal a few of your ideas.
    Tracey what a fabulous cake as Janet said much to lovely to cut. Your cards are all great, like all three, but love the bride and groom.

    My daughter has bought a really fiendish gigsaw with her as I’m not up to walking a lot yet. We usually go to national trust, hopefully next time.

    Have a lovely day all , hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Sandra and all,

    JANET what a stunning gift you made for Sandra. So much work and pacience have got into its making.

    TRACY Such a beautiful cake made by your friend. A real work of art.
    Love your 3 cards but the bride and groom is my favourite. Is it a die cut?

    KAREN such handy storage units. I do have a few similar ones and it surprising how much they hold. Bet your room will look lovely when it's all done. Photo please.

    Off out to lunch today to my favourite restaurant but before that we have to take Harvey to the vet, yet again. He was limping yesterday so I felt his foot and leg and there was so swelling or cuts and he didn't flinch. Anyhow this morning he's still looking and his shoulder is about 3 times the size it should be. He's sitting in his cage at the moment waiting to go looking very sorry for himself.

    PAT I hope you and Pete are enjoying your few days away.xxx

    LYNDA hope everything is ok with you.xxx

    MARGARET and BRENDA hope those nasty colds have disappeared xxx

    LILIAN enjoy your family being with you and good luck with the jigsaw xxx

    MARIA have a lovely few days away. Enjoy your Craft class this morning.xxx

    Hugs to all and have a good Saturday.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Sandra and ladies.
    Janice will be thrilled that u all love her cake she always doubts herself she has a fantastic talent for it.

    The bride and groom card is actually from craftsuprint but because I don't like the printed big rose that's at the bottom I always cover it with my own flowers lol. It also comes in a mr and mr too which is handy.

    Thank u for ur lovely comments. I have more to do today but I'm loaded with a cold and have a hell of a headache. Once I get started I'll be ok tho.

    Maria have a lovely day. Crafting away.
    Hugs for everyone else today love to all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps Janet I meant to say what a stunning gift u made Sandra it's well fab xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra no wonder you wanted to share your birthday present from Janet, it is beautiful, well done Janetxxx
    Tracy that cake is stunning so professional looking & your cards are gorgeous, no wonder you are kept busy. Thank you for sharing.xxx
    Karen I do have 4 of these storage units, they are brilliant, they fit nicely under the window in conservatory where I craft & hold alot, have fun sorting out.xxx
    Lynda hope all is well you are missed, sending hugs.xxx
    Maria enjoy today & your few days away, hope the pain eases hugs on way.xxx
    Pat enjoy your days away.xxx
    Lilian enjoy the family visit.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Ladies-well it is only 8:15 am here.

    Gorgeous photos from everyone. I'm missing being able to go into my craft room but have popped into a couple of craft shops though. Called in a JoAnn's yesterday but there was very little for paper crafters. I'm going to Michaels & Hobby Lobby on Tuesday with my sister in law.

    We're off out for dinner tonight with my brother in law & wife as it's our anniversary today. They've chosen the restaurant so fingers crossed it's nice!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    JANET what a beautiful gift you made for Sandra's birthday, I just know that she will treasure this forever. xx

    TRACEY your wedding cards are absolutely stunning, I'm not surprised you keep getting requests to make more. The wedding cake is beautiful, your friend should be very proud of her efforts. It really looks very professional. xx

    KAREN, you certainly have a lot of storage for your newly decorated Craft-room. It really is going to be very organised. xx

    We have a lovely bright and sunny day here, hope it is the same where you are,
    Sending love and hugs to everyone, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello I have just got back from Coventry
    Surprisingly it was good and I really enjoyed it I wanted to go to the TOFT stand - no bargains but the lady on the stand showed me very patiently how to do a stitch (fur stitch) as I couldn't follow it very easily on Kerry Lord's site
    I had a question for Mel Heaton too which she couldn't resolve on the spot but knew the problem and Brother are also working on it
    Surprisingly Phill Martin was there with his own stand Sentimentally Yours!
    It was lovely to see John Lockwood demo-Ing his own products on the Art of Craft stand too
    Your album is amazing JANET Such a lovely gift
    That cake is glorious TRACY Your friend JANICE is very talented And your cards are beautiful I love all three The addition of little flowers with the bride and groom is a lovely idea I can't pick a favourite
    My new storage has been filled with cardstock leaving drawers in other units empty for inks etc
    Enjoy your trip MARIA
    Lots of hugs to those that need one xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandra and all in the Café tonight. I have just lost my third attempt at my comment so sorry but this is going to be a short one now.
    I hope you have managed to get a proper play with your new toy 😊 You should be so proud of yourself in all that you have achieved over the time that we have known each other, things that you wouldn't have even considered before hand. I'm sure you will get out of that front door by yourself one of these days. It may not be tomorrow but I just know it will happen, you are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for you know. Love you xx
    Janet, Sandra's book is wonderful, each page has been beautifully thought out, the papers, colours embellishments and sentiments are all gorgeous X
    Tracy, your friend is a talented lady isn't she, the cake is almost too pretty to cut. And all 3 of your cards are beautiful, it's too hard to pick my favourite. Thank you for sharing X
    Karen, please can we see a pic of your craft room when it finished. Those storage drawers are ideal aren't they and they are good and strong not flimsy like some on the market X
    I hope you have all had a good day. I'm looking forward to seeing the challenge cards tomorrow. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete