Sunday 28 April 2024

Your Challenge cards

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

My goodness yesterday was the coldest day we've had for months,  it was bitterly cold here, I went out to the car to go shopping and you could see your breath it was that cold, this was at about 11am too, so it had warmed up a bit from when the girls left.   Lucy said that she had taken her hot water bottle as her Kiosk gets so cold, (its basically a large shed, with half a wall as a serving hatch) so trying to keep warm is a mission, she said that it isnt too bad of it's busy as you are constantly moving,  yesterday was so cold and rainy that it was dead though, so she really did need that hot water bottle!!   We got back from shopping and Paul laid the log burner ready to light for when they got in from work.  

Not much planned for today, we are waiting to see what the weather is 'actually is doing'  as the forecast is rarely right. 

Your Challenge Cards 

Karen








Karen's Description:

Here are 3 CAS Christmas cards 
1) I rejigged last weeks and used a gold Poinsettia 
2) Daisy B stamp and have forgotten name of die cut sentiment 
3 ) A left over piece of Serif print with CraftiPotentional die cut sentiment (Remind me why I don’t use it very often- oh yes It cuts each letter out individually!)

3 Fantastic Christmas cards Karen, look at you getting organised so early, I love the simplicity of that DaisyB Christmas tree, a simple but clever design, something that they get so right with their stamps,  is the lady that is left the one that designed the tree or did she do a different style??
Now I know lining up those letters on your card must be a faff but I really love the font and that paper has just the right amount of detail. 

Thank you so much for taking part again Karen, I really do appreciate it xxx

Lilian 


Lilian's Description:
Here is my card for this week
It’s an old stamp set, I think it’s called butterfly basics from Staminup.
I used faded jeans oxide ink, to stamp and colour.

I picked a card from the archives for Lilian today, I think we can all totally imagine the pain you are in from Friday's horrendous Dental appointment,  you must be feeling so miserable,  I think that anything to do with teeth and mouth pain (i have struggled with mouth ulcers over the years, I do wonder if its hereditary too as Matt suffers terribly with them,  Lucy & Becca).  I hope that you are feeling a little more comfortable today my lovely, we are all sending you gentle hugs xxx

Ps.  Your card is simply beautiful,  this was my first SU stamp set and I love it, you have shown it off perfectly, your shading is amazing aa always xxx

Maria 




Maria's Description:

My CC's for Sunday. Hope they are alright. It was hard making CAS, need to practice that more 😊

1) used here a greeting stamp and just coloured it in with my pens.
 Years ago I made up a lot of these decoupage things and found the bag in the moving around so made two cards here with them.
2). Used the paper and flowers for this card and
3) took your idea with using a stencil to make this background and some decoupaged flowers.

Have a great weekend. Love and hugs to you all, xxx.

OMG Maria,  3 beautiful cards 😍,  your first card sounds simple from your description but it looks like it took you a while, your colouring is perfect! 
What an amazing find,  your decoupaged are lovely,  it must have been like finding hidden treasure!  I love how you have used them,  your second card looks like the background was made to match the decoupaged flowers, the soft colours are lovely 
I am honoured that I inspired you a little with your third card, I must day that the stencilled area has given the perfect backdrop for your flowers.

Thank you so very much for 3 beautiful cards xxx


Sonia 


Sonia's Description:

The die cut circles are cut from my smooshing on baking paper. I used Tim Holtz butterfly and sentiment from The Stamp Market.

Sonia has had a very busy week, with working and travelling to see gorgeous little Teddy and then driving all the way to see me too so she didn't get around to making a card.  I had a quick flick through some older C&S designs and picked this lovely card, its very much worthy of a second showing if nothing else it's great inspiration for using up inky backgrounds, I never think to die cut them down to smaller elements!! 
Thank you for the Inspiration my lovely,  I hope your day at work whizzes by as fast as your days off !! xxx

❤************❤

Janet, I hope that you are ok my lovely,  sending you love and hugs xxx

Lynda, I hope that you and Terry are looking after each other, sending love and hugs to you both xxx

I hope that today is a little warmer than yesterday and that you all have a lovely relaxed day,

My Love & Hugs is winging its way to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Woo! Lovely makes ladies You inspire me to have a go at different ideas every week
    The bowls match has been cancelled We’d be paddling I think
    We’re going to go bathroom furniture browsing instead!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A great selection of beautiful cards 😍
    Sorry I didn’t get in yesterday. Love the tutorial and your card is amazing 😍
    It’s wet and cold here! I’m home from work and got straight into my fleecy pj’s. I won’t be venturing far from the comfort of the sofa for the rest of the day 😂
    Hope you’re all keeping well and have a good day.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everyone, it’s sunny but so cold, but at least I got my sheets try.

    Lovely cards today, thankyou Sandra for finding a card for me, I did feel so sorry that I hadn’t made one for this week. Have just not had enough energy to do any crafting, although I am still making my granny squares crochet blanket.
    hope you are all having a lovely weekend, and keeping warm, so different from last year when we had a glorious April.
    Going to get roast pork for dinner , it’s just about ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Beautiful cards on display ladies. Love seeing what you coming up with every week.
    I hope you all have had a good day and that you are not in too much pain Lilian after the dentist. I have been sleeping most of the day, only making the dinner now but still feel groggy.
    Enjoy your evening. Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete