Saturday 20 April 2024

Mixed Up Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all relaxed and ready for the weekend, what are you all up to this weekend? 

Today is going to be a good day as I get to see some lovely friends,  for a good catch up and maybe a little crafting.  Such a perfect start to the weekend.

Tissue Technique Background 

Some off you commented on the Tissue paper background I did the other day so I thought I'd show you the process using different colour mediums so that you can all have a go with what you have.  

The start process is always the same regardless of what medium you use....


Take a piece of card and cover with any dries clear glue.



Make sure you spread it over the whole piece of card, right up to the edges.



Take a piece of tissue paper and scrunch it up so that it fits the size of your card 


Push tissue paper right into the glue, making sure its all touching the glue, you can now trim the edges carefully. 
For this type of tissue Technique the method is the same up to this point, the only difference from now on is the colour medium you choose.

Adding Colour 




This first one I used Pixie Powders,  I picked blues & greens, sprinkled the powders all over the background and then spritzed with water. Have a piece of card ready to 'Smoosh' the water and powders together...


Lay the piece of card over your background and smoosh it right into the powders abd water, this mixes everything together.


Peel that top piece of card away to reveal the magic! Now set this to one side to dry


Don't waste the overspill of powder give a couple of spritzes of water and then mop up that gorgeous colour combination with a piece of card


This is what you will get from the waste!!  Perfect for die cutting or using as a mat. 

Spray inks


Place your tissue covered card into a box to keep the mess to a minimum, then choose your colours



I used Tim Holtz Mica Sprays in green with a bit of blue. 


Once sprayed you do exactly the same as above, spritz your coloured piece with water and take a piece of card to smoosd the colour into the tissue, 


You always get a bonus piece of coloured background to use that way! 



This one was Tim Holtz sprays too, I repeated the same method as above.


These were my bonus mop up pieces! 

Distress Oxides




Now I know that some of you don't have sprays or Mica powders, so I thought I would try Distrss Oxide inks,  I smooshed a selection onto my glass mat and spritzed with lots of water,  I then took the tissue covered card and really smooshed it into all of those inks, I added more water at one point,  you have to move your card around to get good coverage but it definitely worked !!  If you want to add some sparkle,  you could add a pearl mica or pixie powder or add a few drops from a clear sparkle pen. 


This is the Distress Oxide results, it looks amazing!  

I cannot wait to see how these all looked when they dried. 

Acetate & Alcohol Inks 




Take a piece of Acetate (use heat resistant if you want to stamp on it).  Have your piece of tissue paper ready. Gather your Alcohol inks and tool.


Add your inks to your acetate and use the tool and felt to spread the around the acetate, I used a little blending solution to get the colours mixed in.

 
When the alcohol ink is dry I sprayed some adhesive over the acetate and stuck the tissue paper to that. (Because I didn't know how pva type glue would react with alcohol ink) 


This is the look at this point, I felt that the Tissue needed to be stuck down a bit more so ........



I took a piece of white card and added glue as I did for the stage above.  Stick the adhesive to the tissue on the acetate and press down firmly so that the glue gets pushed right into the tissue paper, this gives a much stronger piece to stamp onto. 



Doesn't it look amazing??? 

The Results



Pixie powder results. It was impossible to capture the sparkle. 



Mica Spray, you can just see the sparkle on the top photo. 



Second Mica spray, the colour is lovely on this one, you can just see glints of Mica 





Distress Oxide background, colours a more muted but still looks lovely. 


Alcohol ink and Acetate results, this would make lovely die cut leaves. 

***************
Such a fun technique with great results,  some will make lovely backgrounds,  others will make beautiful flowers or butterflies.  I cannot wait to create with them all. 

I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial,  if you have any questions please ask. 

Have a lovely weekend,  fingers crossed for some sunshine. 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxxx


4 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your tissue paper background tutorial. The results with the different mediums are great! Thank you for sharing.
    I hope you all have an enjoyable day. Sorry I can’t make it, bit too short notice for me, as I already had plans.
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Back home, after a lovely day spent with blog friends in Watford, for the ladies who were unable to get there you were missed, maybe next time xx
    Great blog tutorial today Sandra. It’s lovely to see how the different mediums compare. Thank you for your time explaining the differences, and bringing them with you today so we could see them close up. The journey home was interesting - a family got on at the next station, well four ladies and three men and a baby boy of about 4 to 5 months old, this poor little chap was like pass the pass the parcel and guess what he was quite unhappy no one held him long enough to calm him down ………. Sorry I do like people watching!!
    Hope everyone got home safely, it was really lovely seeing you all xx
    Big Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone.
    As one who have seen these in real life today I can just say that they are all amazing and the colours are so good on them all. Thank you for the tutorial Sandra and this is definitely a technique that I will try. I guess we were meant to do something today but we didn't have the time 🤭 we were chatting from the beginning to the end so no crafting got done 😂. It was wonderful to see you again Sandra, Sue, Paul, Brenda and Karen.
    Sonia, hope you can join us next time. Have a good week off work. Will you be seeing little Teddy ? Is Teddy and Barney getting along alright ?
    Lilian, hope you had a better day.
    Janet, thinking of you. Wonder if we will see a card from you tomorrow. Hoping you can do some crafting.
    Have a lovely evening everyone and enjoy Britain got talent if you matching that. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tutorial Will definitely have a go
    It was lovely seeing you all today
    Hopefully you’ll be able to make the next one Sonia So much chatting A lovely way to spend the day
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete