Wednesday 17 April 2024

Clean & Simple Butterfly

 



Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that today brings you sunshine and warmer weather, Lucy and I went into Stow On The Wold, it was beautiful weather when we left home, we started looking around the shops, these old Cotswold towns aren't very wheelchair friendly though, very narrow uneven, luckily I had my crutches as I was in and out of the wheelchair every 5 minutes!   It is just like Burford really, lots of very expensive interior design shops, lots of little Tearooms too, very quaint, it always attracts the same kind of people though,  farmers, farmers wives etc all seem to dress the same, a lot of waxed jackets and Hunter wellies or Horse riding style boots, I do love people watching!   We had lunch in a little tea room, when we left the heavens opened and we got soaked, the rain had hailstones mixed in so really hurt when the bounced off your head, I don't think we have ever gotten in the car as fast. 

Todays card I started on Monday afternoon,  I created two backgrounds, one was the tissue paper with different blue inks and Mica Sprays on, then spritz with water, the second background is created by using another piece of card to Smoosh your tissue paper down, it picked up lots of the mica too, if felt like I had two perfect backgrounds rather than one and a bonus piece! 

These two show the Mica shine 

The tissue paper piece

The bonus piece you smoosh use to Smoosh 
The colours on the original 

These two show the colours a bit better



I used the bonus piece as the bottom layer of the butterfly and for the colour behind the die cuts. 

The tissue paper piece was used for the decorative top layer of the butterfly.  I actually used the body piece from my sizzix butterfly die set for this butterfly,  they aren't the same set but I think it works ok.  I embossed the sentiment in gold to match the gold butterfly body. 

I hope you all have a 'Happy Hump Day',

Love and big squishy hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card SANDRA I thought you’d used a stencil at first to create that gorgeous background The butterfly works even though you have used different sets
    I would love a step by step tutorial or a link to find one
    Sounds like you had fun being out with Lucy even though you got drenched
    The film Back to Black was brilliant I thoroughly enjoyed it
    I’m meeting an old school friend for lunch today We haven’t seen each other in 6 months or so It’ll be good to catch up
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A gorgeous card Sandra. Love how you made the tissue paper, wonderful colours.
    Karen, have a nice day meeting up with your friend.
    Sonia, hope you starting to feel better soon.
    Sue, hoping you are alright.
    Lilian, take care.
    Brenda, sleep is the best medicine they say. Hopefully you manage some crafting this week.
    Janet and Lynda, thinking of you both.
    Hopefully the weather is better today so if you are going out you won't get too wet
    We are sitting at Dunelm for a breakfast and then it's Lidl for a little shopping . Hoping to do some crafting this afternoon.
    Have a good day everyone. Hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I love everything about your beautiful card today 😍 The tissue paper background, colour combo and butterfly are gorgeous!
    Lovely that you got to spend the day with Lucy. Shame about the weather 😕 we had a mix of everything here too - sunshine, torrential rain, wind, hailstones and thunder!
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone, lovely sunny day, but a very cold wind, still it’s better than rain.

    Love your card today, I especially love the colours you have used, I have just received some yarn in exactly those colours, for a cardigan.
    These new tablets are really making me feel very unwell, well I certainly hope it’s those.
    Have a good evening all . Lilian

    ReplyDelete