Monday 29 April 2024

My First New/unused Challenge card

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you all have had a relaxed weekend,  let's face the weather made it hard to do anything but stay inside and relax!  I did manage to do some 'potting' on, my lupins are growing like champions,  they needed bigger pots, the peppers needed potting on too, tomato plants will be next, growing your own veg is definitely time consuming!!   Hopefully it will all be worth it. 

Today's card I made on Friday, the stamp is a DarkRoom Door 'Word Block Stamp' called 'Hello'.  Frustratingly it has been cut a bit wonky after its been made and as Sonia will confirm having a wonky edge made it a right pain to stamp straight, I did manage eventually,  the wonky cut is on the top so I lined it up on its side in my stamp platform.      After stamping I embossed with white powder and heat set so that I could do emboss resist,  I then went in with some lovely bright Distress inks, which make the white embossing pop even more, after adding the colour I gave the whole piece a good buff up with a soft cloth and mounted it onto a black mat and then onto a white base card.  I stuck with the 'Hello' theme for my sentiment, keeping it small to show off that background.

I hope that your week gets off to an amazing start,

Love & Hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx



6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your card, the colour combo is beautiful 😍
    So frustrating that the stamp hadn’t been cut straight, but you got there in the end ☺️
    We had a very relaxing afternoon and evening yesterday. I’m off today but not doing much, I might try to do some crafting.
    Hope you all have a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful I cannot stamp straight anyway So having a wonky stamp in the first place I’d have no chance Would stamping on a larger piece and then trim it down help?
    Our bowls match was cancelled which puts you at a bit of a loose end as plans changed So I do a bit of crafting I really must tidy my desk because I’m put off doing anything I started a piece of crochet in the evening to take to Craftea this morning
    Take care everyone I hope that toothache/dentist has calmed down Lilian xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love the colours on this card Sandra and you did a good job with it being a bit wonky at first.
    The sun is out this morning so we are going out for a bit but not sure for how long. Not feeling the greatest since yesterday.
    I hope you all have a good day and everyone feeling better as the day goes if not 100 %. Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. H Sandra and all looking in. Grea challenge cards yesterday. And I love how bright and cheerful today’s card is. A really good one for the men too. You wouldn’t know the stamp was cut wonky as to g he and hit it perfect my lively. Glad to hear your pots are all growing well xx
    Lilian, on Saturday I forgot to say that I was feeling for you after your trip to the dentist. I hope your mouth is not quite as painful now xx
    I’m looking forward to a few days in London. Nothing new but I had got completely confused as to when we were going!
    Have s good day everyone. Wrap up if you go an out as it is really windy and chilly here at the moment. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening everyone, cold and wet, Sandra are your plants in a greenhouse? Sounds as though you are going to have a very productive garden.

    Today’s card is very bright and cheerful, just what I need. Love all the colours you have used.
    My tooth is beginning to feel better, but still using salt water wash, which is a bit yucky, but I’m sure it’s important.
    Hope things are going ok with all ,Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Great card, love the stamp and the colours you have used, they all work so well together. Thank you yet again for your brilliant inspiration. Your greenhouse sounds like ours all the seeds are starting to germinate. We have three different varieties of tomatoes and some bedding plants. I collect lupin seeds heads last year and have planted some of them in pots but still had quite a few left so put them in a tray of soil, checked them to day - well I’m going to have to thin them out soon, think I will have enough to supply all of the neighbours!!
    Lilian hope your mouth is healing well. Take care.
    Will say goodnight everyone, hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete