Thursday 18 April 2024

A simple Alcohol Ink background








Good Thursday Morning Ladies, 

How are you all?  How is your week going?  I can hardly believe its Friday tomorrow,  we didn't do much yesterday (Lucy & I), Paul was at work, we had to pop to Co-Op in Bourton to get some chocolate as we were making a Creme Egg Cheesecake,  she insisted that I take my new walking aid, it's a 4 wheel walking aid, with a seat, it's a bit embarrassing if I'm honest however it is 100 times more comfortable to use than my crutches for short trips!  It worked fine plus I had somewhere to put my shopping and my purse! 🤣😂

Brenda I have sent you a text message, as my Messenger messages aren't getting to you, I think it may be something to do with the fact that in my Messenger your name is 'fridges at Brenda " I think it got changed a few weeks ago when you were looking for a new fridge.  🤣😂  its only to let you know that we are planning a Watford meet up, I think the journey may be too exhausting for you though, I wish we could come closer to you my lovely XXX 

Janet did you get to Knit & Natter this week, I hope that you are managing to get out my lovely XXX 

Now onto todays card,  this was a super quick make yesterday afternoon,  I was feeling mentally drained after looking at dresses since 10am, I have ordered a load to have a try on at home, fingers crossed that one will work. 

I took a piece of heat resistant acetate and added some yellow, orange and pink alcohol inks and smooshee them together with a blending tool. Once they were dried I took a piece of scrunched up tissue paper that was slightly larger than my piece of acetate, I sprayed some adhesive onto tje back of my inked piece and smooshed it onto the tissue paper, I then decided to add some glue over the tissue and popped it onto a piece of white card. I cut a piece down to 2 1/2 by 3 inches.  I then chose a simple stamp to add to the front, (a flower stem from Tasteful Textures)  I dusted my piece of acetate with anti static bag and them stamped the flower stem,  I added gold embossing powder land heat set, annoyingly the acetate still warped a bit.  I placed the acetate piece it onto my card base (don't stick yet). I popped the whole lot into my stamp platform and decided where the focal piece was going to go and while it was in place I lined my sentiment up beneath the acetate.  I used a Julie Hickey sentiment,  I absolutely LOVE these sentiments as they look hand written.  I stamped in Versamark and added gold embossing powder, which I then heat set.  I placed large fo pads onto thr back of the acetate piece (to try and get it to lay flat), sadly it didn't lay completely flat.  I lined the acetate piece up above the sentiment,  added glue to foam pads and adhered it to my card.  Despite the buckled acetate I think it looks okay.  Trying to photograph it was a nightmare,  I have sent you a selection of photos taken at different spots around the house, hopefully they give you a good idea of how it looks.

I get to spend the day with Sophie today, I hope that you have a lovely Thursday, 

Love & Hugs 

Sandra  xxx



5 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and all looking in. A beautiful card yesterday. Gorgeous colours and I love the gold body. It really makes the butterfly pop. Today’s is another beauty. I love the technique used to make the background on this one too. I agree that the sentiment looks hand written, love it. Great that you have days with the twins. Hope you and Soph don’t get caught in a hailstorm though! Xx
    Have a good day all. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card with a gorgeous technique I love that handwritten looking sentiment
    Enjoy your day with Sophie AND pleased to hear that the new walker is much better than the crutches Don’t you dare get embarrassed You’ll get used to it and people won't be taking any notice of it anyway
    I hope you find a dress/outfit Is it for your sister’s wedding which must be fast approaching
    I need to finish Oscar’s birthday card which won’t be able to be used for the challenge I hope to do a challenge card too
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    This is just stunning Sandra. Love the colours and the style on the sentiment, it's really look handwritten which is very nice.
    Hope you have a lovely day with Sophie. You will stay dry today.
    OH have spent the morning helping me to fill in some papers that needed to be sent off asap. Loads of questions so afterwards my brain wasn't up for much else than to sit down. Tried to make a card but couldn't do it so luckily it's Friday tomorrow so I have one more day to try.
    Wish you well and sending extra hugs for anyone not feeling too good. Take care. Hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love your card, the colours of ink are beautiful
    I’m glad you got a walker, and please don’t feel embarrassed using it. It will make things so much easier for you 🥰
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Lovely card today, the background is stunning, it’s perfect for the gold topper and sentiment.
    Lovely to hear that the new walking aid is so much better than using your crutches. It sounds similar to the one my sister has, she finds hers a great help, enabling her to get about and carry items in/on it at the same time.
    I am looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. It will be lovely to catch up with you and the other ladies.
    The weather today has been lovely again, we were able to get out in the garden and greenhouse, I didn’t stay out too long but the time spent outside was lovely.
    Goodnight everyone, sleep well, Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete