Tuesday 23 April 2024

Coloured Embossing

 



Good Morning Ladies 

Hands up who had to put their heating on last night??!  It got so cold as the afternoon went on, I was sat in a really thick fleece with a huge throw wrapped around me but I was still cold,  I did wonder if it was just me feeling the effects of Uti but Paul and the girls were cold too, so Paul put the heating on and prepared the log burner just in case the heating wasn't enough.  We had the hot water bottle to take to bed too.  They did say that there was a good chance of a frost this week, you just never know where you are with our weather. 

Today's card was inspired by a Marion Emberson feature in the Creative Stamping Magazine,  she used different coloured embossing powder to add colour to her stamped flowers.   Now my first couple of tries just didn't work, it was like the embossing powder had been absorbed into the card, it wasn't raised or shiny, but the colour was there, so I changed from Perfect Medium to Versamark and changed the card too,  which did make a difference.  So I stamped the flower four times, the flower is a Tim Holtz stamp, once stamped I used a combination of embossing powders in various pastel shades, adding one colour at a time then tipping the excess back into the jar before moving on to the next colour.  It us a Clean and simple look, I'm not sure I love it though, I think I should maybe have used a bigger sentiment, but I didn't want it to be too busy.  I also love those Julie Hickey sentiments !                              I tried to capture the shine of the embossing without much success, you will have to imagine it. 🤣😂

I hope the sun shows up to warm your day, 

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra xxx 


6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your pretty card today 😍 The colours are lovely, and I can imagine the whole process wasn’t easy ☺️
    We had rain most of the day yesterday, and it was chilly. Bring back the lovely weather we had at the weekend!
    I’m off to see James, Mollie and Teddy today. We’re hoping to go into Salisbury ☺️
    Have a lovely day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a lovely card I love the pastel colours of the embossing powder I only have gold silver and copper powder - I wonder if the effect would work on black card with those colours I also think the sentiment is a perfect size
    We have had the heating on (it’s on now too) every evening Nothing much planned for today Awaiting a delivery of some medical equipment but not much else
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I think with does colours it would look fabulous on black card, give it a try. xx

      Delete
  3. Hi everyone
    A very pretty card. Love the shine from the embossing powders. Sending you a special hug, hope you feel better soon.
    Sonia, have a fabulous day with the family and lots of cuddles with Teddy.
    Doing a bit of spring cleaning in the lounge today. Moved the furniture out, sat down, dusted, sat down, hoovered in three stages until I was finished and now I'm pooped for the rest of the day but it had to been done for I do love to see the sunshine but it does show up the dust 😕
    Have a lovely day everyone. Sending extra hugs to anyone who need some today, take care. Hugs , Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone, started off a lovely warm day, had lunch out, but turned chilly so came in.
    Love your card today, I’ve seen Marion Emberson do these, yours are equal to those. As Karen has said on black they would be super.
    Not done much today, pain in joints too bad, hopefully better tomorrow.
    Have good evening all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love this card and wouldn’t change anything about it, it’s very subtle and would work so well for any occasion.
    We have had a busy day, I decided to buy a Scan and Cut machine. Karen I was tempted when I saw the lovely card you had with you at Watford, to be honest I had thought about it before but always held back. Anyway It arrived around lunchtime today, so after some reorganising it is now in place. I haven’t had time to play with it yet maybe tomorrow afternoon. In the morning we both have Covid boosters then we will go food shopping, so that’s the morning gone.
    Sonia hope you had lots of cuddles with Teddy today, treasure every moment. xx
    Maria hope you haven’t been overdoing things, do take care. xx
    It has been very cold here today, even John complained of feeling cold something he never does.
    Take care everyone and sleep well. Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete