Monday 17 January 2022

A bit of Brightness to start the week...

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you all had a lovely weekend and that you are rested and ready to battle through another week  I think I am, you never really know do you?!

Maria I hope you have arrived in Zell and that you are relaxed, make sure you enjoy every moment!  We are all looking forward to hearing about your trip, I want to hear about every thing from the stunning views to the deliscious food.  

Today's Journal page started out as me just testing out the Texture paste that I made by thickening the Gesso I made on Thursday, I just added more talc.  I used a pretty mask to test the paste, it seems to have worked ok, the coverage was good and it held up after I removed the stencil, it didn't take long to dry either.  I decided to experiment with this one and use Distress Oxide Sprays Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade. 


This was how ot looked after I added colour, because it is so bright I decided to use only white die cuts to decorate the page.


This is the arrangement I decided on.



I added some micro beads to the centres of the flowers, to add both texture and interest.

I want to add a label to each page that I make so that I can write down exactly what I used, so that I can refer back to it for Colour inspiration etc.   I will experiment with different ideas but for this first one I die cut a label and decorated with the same things that I used on the journal page, on the reverse I added all the details and the date of course. 



I attached the label by tying it to the spirals. 

I am happy with how it turned out, I really enjoyed creating it too.

I know I have said this a few times but I am thoroughly enjoying having a go at Art Journaling.  
You don't have that same pressure for perfection as you do with making cards, you have to treat each page as an experiment,  get out all of those things that you have bought but not got around to using yet.  
Karen for instance has started by playing with cour combinations, blending etc, using these experiments as Journal pages means you have something fun to look back at too.  It also gives you ideas for your cards too, as you push yourself out of your comfort zone you will discover new techniques that you enjoy 
I have had more enthusiasm for Crafting since starting this Journalling journey,  I literally wake up excited to get to my desk and play, I just want you all to let go of those things that are holding you back, relax and have fun creating.  Apart from sharing it between ourselves nobody is going to see, so if it has bits your not keen on don't worry, or you can always Gesso over it!  

Ladies I hope you all have a positive start to the week.

Sending my love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxxx







6 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    A really 'wake you up' colour for your Journal Page SANDRA. I love the flowers you have used.

    Well I am about to start my mamoth today in fifteen mins by ringing my Surgery. They have my results from the last blood test and I have to see a Dr about them. First I have to get through to the surgery and then another battle for an appointment as they will only book for today.
    Where have the old fashioned visits to see a Dr of walking in/sitting down to wait/and then be called into see him.
    I just know I'm going to be shattered by the end of today.

    HUGS ARE ON THEIR WAYTO YOU ALL.PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovey page SAMDRA I think adding a tag explains what you have used is a genius idea and definitely one I will be using At the moment I am writing on the reverse of the actual page I am also making little envelopes and tucking extra ideas in
    Back to work today Not that it’s felt like a holiday
    I have to to the post office later And will I have exciting news that OH is negative Mind you today is his day 10 so it doesn’t especially matter anymore
    Take care everyone xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your bright page today. The stencil is so pretty and the colours really stand out. Great idea to make a tag too with the details 😊
    It’s lovely to be able to sit and craft and just play isn’t it? I’ve done a couple of things which haven’t really worked out, but it’s fun to experiment 😊
    I finished the front cover for my journal yesterday and one of the pages. I think the cover took me so long as I wasn’t keen on the colours, but I’m now happy with how it turned out. I started sorting through my dies and stamps last night as my newer ones were just in a box. I’ve run out of room now in my storage folders so some of them will have to stay in a box. I also started going through my scraps of card and papers, and ended up throwing quite a bit. I’m not finished yet, but it was gone half past midnight when I decided to stop and go to bed!
    Janet, hope you manage to get an appointment with your GP. Hope everything is ok xx
    Karen, hope work goes ok and it’s not too busy xx
    Maria, enjoy your holiday xx
    Have a lovely day everyone. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous page Sandra, very nice colours together. Great idea to make the tag for what you used.
    Thanks for your kind words for my page. I was not keen but when back I will do some of your paste and give it another go.
    All the pages yesterday were wonderful x
    Had a walk around town, not very big but cosy with a nice lake you can walk around but my knees and hip won't let me this year. The boys have gone off skiing for the day, seeing them tonight again for dinner. Sitting in our favourite café for some tea before going for another walk. It's cloudy and +4c in town but it's snow around and on the mountain.
    Have a nice day all, great news about Alan. Everything crossed that Flynn be alright and Lucy is okay. Hope you are alright Janet, special hugs to you all 🤗 Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Lovely journal page Sandra, the colours you have used work so well, I love the fact that you have die-cut the flowers to decorate this page it adds another dimension. The tag is a brilliant idea, it’s not only adds a lovely decoration but all the information you need should you wish to replicate this page.
    Maria sorry you are not of skiing with the boys, hope your knees are not to painful, enjoy your coffee and of course the ‘people watching’. Take care.
    Janet I hope you get an appointment with your GP. People say it’s so difficult to get an appointment these days, hopefully this is not the case in your practice XX
    Karen pleased to hear that Alan should be okay now. I think we only have to pass someone on the street these days to pick up this dreadful Covid virus. We are all being so careful when we have to venture out, but you will always have people who think the rules don’t apply to them. Fingers crossed you will be fine, because that’s the last thing you need. Take care XX
    Sonia it sounds as if the journalling is giving you a good reason to have a sort out. Maybe that’s the sort of inspiration I need because boy have I got some sorting out to do, I’ve hardly moved anything in the craft room since before Christmas. I cringe just thinking about it - ha ha
    Take care everyone, whatever you’re doing today hope you’re having fun. Love and hugs Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Everyone, it’s been a beautiful day here, very cold but sunny.

    Sandra fabulous journal page, the colours are so cheerful. Great idea to use die cut flowers, might have a go at that myself, I made a complete mess today, so need something to spur me on. Spending more time browsing Pinterest, than actually crafting.
    Janet hope you managed to get a appointment, my daughter and I were saying, how much we miss the system where you sat and waited , but finally got to see the Dr.
    Maria have a lovely holiday, just sitting watching the world go by.
    Hope all those who are worried about covid tests that soon will be ok.
    We are keeping well out of the way, by staying home. Lilian

    ReplyDelete