Wednesday 3 February 2021

Another Challenge card


 Good Morning Ladies,

Rain Rain go away come again another day!! Flippin' heck did we have our share yesterday!! I was so heavy at one point that I had to turn my laptop volume to high, I dread to think how bad the floods are after that lot.  Did you all get a soaking??

I had great fun yesterday afternoon trying to decided what cards to make for Sophie and Lucys's Birthday on Thursday (tomorrow).  I ended up using Kraft kart as the base card and then went on to create a fun shaker card for each of them, it only took me about 4 hours and I thick 3 of them were browsing through Pinterest!

I will share their cards on tomorrow's blog, I am quite pleased with how they turned out thankfully!  I have a New Baby card to make next for a friend of Becca's, its the one I made the Nappy Cake for oh and the Wedding card with the wellies on.

So today's card that works perfectly for this weeks TicTacToe using Categories:  Neutrals/Ribbon/ Flowers.

Here is the description of how I made it:

So I folded an A4 piece of Kraft card in half to make an A5 card and used a piece of the A3 peaches and pinks Crafters Companion card that I have almost run out of! I wanted a script type look in the background and that piece worked beautifully, I inked around the edges and added it to my card base, I then layered the two ribbons up and placed them down the length of the card and die cut two of the wreaths and layered them for strength and attached them to my card front, adding foam pads for dimension.  I decided to keep the colours fairly neutral and love how it turned out, all of those flowers that I have used are from a company called 'Little Birdie', both The Range and Hobbycraft stock them, they are really great quality flowers, so I arranged a few of them around my wreath frame.  I die cut a flag style label and added 'With Love' which is made up of totally different die sets, I coloured it with Distress Oxide ink to match my flowers.
I added three more little flowers in the bottom corner of my card with some leaves, for some extra colour and interest.
I tied a bow with the hessian ribbon and attached it to the top of the ribbon border, I then had a bit of an issue as I had run out of the yellow flowers, so I found a similar shaped flower die and die cut a couple, coloured them with the same Distress Oxide ink as I used for the sentiment, I gave the flower a bit of a scrunch and popped a sparkle in the centre, it doesn't look too out of place does it?!

Thats all for today my lovely friends,  I hope that you are all staying safe,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                                                                                          xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-gorgeous card, really lovely.

    I don’t think I’ve seen that much rain for a long time either, saw all the flooded fields. Tgg he e day was exhausting-emotionally & physically but I’m glad we went.

    I have a day off today so I’m hoping to have a play in my craft room later.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is beautiful and the die cut flowers don’t look out of place at all
    What do you use to adhere 3D flowers like that? Wet glue? Hot glue gun?
    I don’t think we had any rain yesterday - I don’t remember So if it did rain it was exceptionally light
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Lovely card today Sandra.
    We also had rain yesterday afternoon. A deluge, but it stopped after a couple of hours and then started again last night. I was able to go a walk yesterday morning as well. Must go to the bank at some point over the next few days, what an e citing life we’re all leading at the moment. My friend rang me again to see when we could meet up. I told her it could be quite awhile yet.
    Take care and stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love your card, it’s beautiful 😊
    I don’t think we had rain yesterday until the evening, but it’s raining here now.
    Didn’t get much crafting done yesterday, after popping to Sainsbury’s (yes, I did buy doughnuts 😂😂) and then pottering about at home. Hope to craft today, as I’m back to work tomorrow.
    Have a good day everyone. Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, need less to say we had rain yesterday as well, but shh it’s dry now.

    Lovely card today, love the flowers, did you go shopping or order them online?

    We have discovered we have a leak in our water supply, but at the moment cannot find where. So I’m dreading the cost of the repair.

    Hope you all have a good day, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and ladies.
    Oh Sandra ,I love your card and the flowers are beautiful.
    We also had rain yesterday and boy did it come down. Wanted to do some crafting but body had other ideas about that so only got a few things cut out. I have some stamped things that need colouring in so I'm sitting here while watching recordings on planner.
    Have a nice day anyone at home and hopefully the day goes quickly for our working ladies. Take care. Warm hugs for you all ! Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Lovely card today Sandra, the colours really work well together, it’s all beautiful.

    Went out to to stock up on meat from Morrison’s, today, we are well stocked up for lockdown - plus now. It rained most of the time we were out, probably nothing like the rain most of you seem to have had.

    My sister is definitely on the way home today, The Oxygen was delivered to the convent earlier, I have just spoken to the Ward sister who said her medication had just arrived so she would be leaving shortly. She is quite frail so will have to take thing easy, but she will be so pleased that she can sleep in her own bed tonight.

    Have a good evening ladies , Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete