Sunday 21 July 2019

Your Challenge Cards






Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Well, apart from lack of internet access yesterday turned out to be a delightful day, we had the odd cloudy moment but for the most part the weather was glorious.

I ended up having to get Paul to take me out in the car to be able to upload your cards to the blog. So if yours hasn't featured today it will have arrived after we got home, I am sorry but rest assured I will share it in the week.
So without further delay, here are your cards....

Susan Dawson


Susan is one of the very talented ladies over on our Facebook group,  she has made a stunning Card with a beautiful insert and a matching box for the challenge. Your card is so pretty Susan, what makes a card extra special is the extra little touches like matching insert and the box turns it into a lovely gift.
Susan's Description....
Tic Tac Toe Challange.Flower,butterfly,purple.8x8 card.
Thank you so much for taking part Susan XXX

Karin Vervoot 


Karin has made two beautiful  Post It Note Holders for our Challenge this week, I love the papers you have used Karin and that gorgeous flower that you have made to embellish your first Box.
It's really nice to see something other than cards for the challenge,  it shows that we can use the TicTacToe grids for other projects. 
Karin's Description....

"This is what I made for this weeks challenge. For the first one I chose Purple,butterfly and flower. I made a little trinket box with a flip top lid. This is my own design. I was not happy with it so had to try another one.  The second one is purple, stripes and a fun fold. The lid is my fun fold and it is a post- it note holder. I used the design by Ann Melvin of Positively Papercraft. I hope you like them."

Thanks so much Karin for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX 


 Maria


Maria has made an amazing Fancy Fold Card using some lovely Water coloured papers, Honey Doo and Carnation Stamps and Dies. 
Maria I absolutely love your card, I know how much effort you would have put into making something so amazing, it's worth every moment of your time and effort though.

Maria's Description...…

I saw this FANCY FOLD so
I thought, lets have a go    My first ever 4 fold card  !
I had some blocks with ready made Watercolour papers so I used that
as Background and also for the Flowers.  First line used  
Then I went hunting for some words and they are taken from SU Beautiful
you and stamps I had in my folder."

Thank you so much my lovely, I am blown away by your amazing card XXX




Michele 

Michele has made a really pretty Birthday card for this weeks TicTacToe challenge, I always forget about those amazing embossing folders and how quickly you can make really lovely cards.
Michele's Description..

"Challenge card-Embossing/Butterfly/Stripes. I used one of my Apple Blossom Embossing Folders & a coordinating Die to cut out the White curved strip. Diecut mini butterflies and a large on to add a sentiment."


Karen 

I love this pretty image on Karen's challenge card, it looks like a really pretty topper you will be surprised at its origin, I will let Karen tell you..

"Here’s a cc for this week I have used Fun shape - flowers- any shade of purple 
The aperture and flowers are a tissue box"

Brilliant find Karen, fantastic card, thanks for inspiration xxx


 Lynda

A gorgeous card from Lynda for this weeks TicTacToe challenge, Lynda used the Stampin Up 'Springtime ' thinlits to die cut  some gorgeous Purple card to embellish her card.
Lynda used Categories: Purple/Butterflies/ flowers.
Thanks so much Lynda for taking part XXX 

Cheryl

Cheryl has used the lovely Watercolour piece she did a few weeks ago to make a fantastic Birthday card, what a brilliant idea Cheryl, all you have to do is add the sentiment and mount it on a piece of purple card stock. 
The background has really made the colours pop.
Cheryl's Description....

"Challenge...watercolour flutterbyes any shade purple xxx

Thanks so much for taking part in the challenge Cheryl XXX


 Janet


Two fantastic Challenge cards from Janet, one simple yet elegant the other a gorgeous vintage style card.
Janet's description... 

"My first CC is made from scraps for the base layer and flowers from my stash. The butterflies are a Crafter's Companion edge die. I used STRIPES/SHADES OF PURPLE/BUTTERFLIES AND FLOWERS.

For my second CC I used base card from STAMPERI SPRING BOTANIC. The lace decoration and butterflies are from my stash as is the flower. I used SHADES OF PURPLE/FLOWERS/BUTTERFLIES."

Two fantastic cards Janet, love them both although the vintage style always wins my heart, thanks for taking part xxx


Amazing cards ladies, just look at all of those different, individual styled cards and Boxes, you are all AMAZING and I am so very grateful to you all.

We have another lovely day of Air Displays today, the highlight of which will be the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, it will bring back lovely memories of when we lived in Lincolnshire at Coningsby which is the home of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, that used to fly very low over our house every Sunday afternoon, such a delight.

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend too,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    What a wonderful selection of challenge cards & projects today. Lovely entries from the Facebook Ladies.

    I’m up early as hubby has gone to play golf (Second day of s competition) and informed me he’s ordered something that will be delivered today so I thought I’d better be up & ready early just in case.

    It’s breezy here with sunshine and clouds which will be great for my washing! Other than the usual housework-no plans do I might try to head into my craft room as it isn’t as warm today.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely cards ladies and it’s great to see some of the FB ladies work
    It’s really frustrating isn’t it how nowadays we are lost without things like the internet mobile phones etc
    I haven’t got much planned I have a niggly tooth from breaking it on Friday and feel a bit sorry for myself! (get over yourself Karen!!) So first thing tomorrow is get a dentist appointment!
    We may go dancing later So as it’s hazy sunshine I might craft I made a couple of messy backgrounds last night which should be dry now The excitement of the reveal I love seeing how they’ve turned out
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Sunday everyone,

    Beautiful cards and a box for today's eye candy. well done everyone.

    My friend Sam from Minehead will be popping in today for a natter which I am looking forward to.
    Apart from that I think a touch of the swear word will go ahead. Why do so many spiders come into our houses in the summer? I have very fine cobwebs along the ceilings that are hardly visible and never any spiders in the middle of them, running across the floor or climbing the walls. Why is that I wonder?

    Yesterday started out dull then became so hot all the blinds were drawn. I managed earlier to get some lovely bargains from the Salvation Army Jumble sale held every third Saturday near my friend Jean's house. 2 brand new teddies, a mouse and an elephant plus a 'tea for one' teapot with matching cup/saucer, a beautiful china 'old fashioned' kettle and 3 children's books, all brand new too. They will go into the Tombola bags for next months Fete.

    Hugs for all who suffering from the heat effects of this beautiful hot summer. We always have a downside whenever the heat is on, a paradox really.
    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret Palmer21 July 2019 at 10:12

    Hi Sandra & all ladies in café,
    Sandra a lovely selection of CC again this week & it is lovely to see Susan & Karin joining in, hope to see more. I hope your internet returns to normal soon.xxx
    The café is open & roast pork & apple sauce is on the menu, so orders please.
    Janet safe travelling.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret. Your roast dinner sounds delicious. I'll be in for one later.
      Hope you're getting along ok.xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi ladies,
    Beautiful cards this week. Such a variety and lovely to see FB ladies joining in. So sorry not got round to making one this week. I've got no energy at all to do anything. I've been taking these vials for anaemia for a month and thought I'd be starting to feel better by now. Mind you this heat is draining as well. Anyway enough moaning, I'll try and get a card done for next week.

    Went back to bed this morning after taking Gracie out at half seven and not long got up so another lazy day.

    Enjoy your day whatever you're up to.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning ladies
    Wonderful cards for this weeks CC, well done everyone and welcome to Susan and Karin who joined in. Hope to see you again.
    Margaret- the roast dinner sound so good but have to skip that today as we are home to little Louis parents for a BBQ and to celebrate his 4th Birthday. Hope you are alright. Hugs for you and Pop.
    Oh Karen- bless you. Hope your tooth will be ok and they can help you out tomorrow.
    Cheryl- have a nice day with your friend.
    Lilian- hope you ok, sending you my special hugs.
    Lynda- have a good day and Happy Birthday to your Son.
    Val- hope you and Gracie are taking care in the hot sun. We have overcast today but hoping for a dry day.
    Sandra- have a nice relaxing day. Thanks for liking my card, one more photo was sent of the whole card.
    Sue- hope you alright and can have a nice day.
    Brenda- have a nice Sunday with family, hugs
    Janet- tell hubby to drive safe, hope the traffic not too bad.
    Pat- have a good day. Hope to see you soon, hugs.
    Have a lovely day everyone whatever you are up to. Many hugs are sent to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    What a lovely selection of challenge cards, big welcome to FB friends. Sorry I didn’t get around to making a card, daughter dropped in yesterday before going off on holiday today, by the time she left my mojo had flown out of the window!
    Sandra Sorry you are having problems with the internet, ours played up for a time yesterday morning, I blamed the weather, I’m sure yours is due to all the additional activity in your area.

    Margaret roast pork and trimmings sounds lovely. Yes please .... that’s if there is any left. !!!

    Hope everyone is having a good day.
    Love and hugs, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete