Thursday 18 July 2019

Another Challenge card



Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well, sending extra hugs for those of you that aren't quite feeling up to par!

We had a funny day weather wise yesterday, it just feels like we need a really good Thunder Storm to clear the air and cancel out the humidity, I'm not sure if it affects my AF but it takes so much more effort to do anything and I get out of breath so easily in the heat.

Today's card felt like a bit of a break through with my lack of creativity, I started off by making the flowers up, the are Honey Doo Carnation Stamps and Dies.  for each flower I cut each of the three sizes twice, after stamping them with versamark and adding white embossing powder and heat setting them.  I added some Highland Heather SU ink to the backs of each flower then cut down each petal and shaped them.  I layered them up and added a Gorgeous Grape Sparkle Gem in the centre of each.

I then set about making my base card, I used the same colour card as the ink, and embossed the lighter colour purple one. I repeated the layers but used the lattice die from Card Making Magic Complete A5 Box kit, layered it on the darker purple.
I found a piece of lace that kind of matched the card well and added that across my card base, I set my topper to one side and added a Lace Bow to the side.
I stamped and die cut the leaves/stems of the carnations and arranged those and the flowers on my card topper, I then made a Banner with the same card and added a die cut 'Thank You'.
To finish the card I added a heart to the centre of my bow and some of the same Gorgeous Grape sparkles to opposite corners.
What do you think????

I had such a lovely day yesterday, both Pat and Sue came, we did lots of chatting and lots of crafting in the afternoon, I virtually finished my card, Sue got a card mostly finished and Pat was finishing some beautiful Groovi designs.
Thank you ladies for making my day so special xxx

It's getting quite exciting with all the aircraft flying around practising for their displays on the weekend, we have our Car Passes ready so that we are allowed back into the village, as they have created a one way route in the neighbouring village to ours and we have them coming through one end of ours too, Police are supposed to give priority to Residents, I think it's best if we just stay home. (other than Paul working Friday).  The Girls are working all weekend at the Wildlife Park , which is also situated on another very busy route from Burford, I think they may be in for either a long day or a long detour.

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Morning Eeryone
    Another Beautiful card SANDRA in every way.

    Wel all travel arrangementsmade for this week-end and we're on our last couple of days here.
    The weather is continuing to stay hot so everything which needs doing is done in the mormings nice and early.

    My plan for today is to photograph my CC, sweep and dust round though by the time I've finished that it just needs doing again as the farmers in nearby fields are harvesting and baling so you can imagine with a slight breeze of even without things get dusty very quickly.

    I hope all Dear Friends not feeling too good are making progress. HUGS are on their way to you all. Take care and stay safe. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Sandra -lovely card and great that you had company while you were crafting.
    It’s been very warm here the last few days although yesterday was slightly cooler.

    We’ve had CQC in the department for the last 10 days(doesn’t really affect my area) and their report plus our Audit report should be available today. I’m guessing neither will be complimentary but hopefully they’ll be constructive.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret Palmer18 July 2019 at 10:29

    Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra beautiful card, I love the Honey Dew designs. So pleased you had company yesterday. Enjoy watching the planes.xxx
    The café is open and tea & coffee are ready with a selection of small cakes today, such as cup cakes & butterfly cakes so come and join us.
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Sandra another beautiful card I’m loving this shade of purple, your Honey Doo carnation is absolutely beautiful. I love all things Honey Doo, it’s a great little company and oozes talent.

    Pleased you had company yesterday Sandra, it’s great you can toss ideas between one another all very inspiring. I bet you were all tired last night though, but for the nicest possible reason.

    We woke up this morning to fine drizzle, since then the rain has been a little heavier, but now seems to be drying up and it looks like we might get some sunshine later, the bonus of this being I won’t water the garden this evening, so just the tomato plants will need watering.

    Coffee break over, will plod on with the housework. Then see what the day brings.

    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card SANDRA even though it appears very dark on my screen That Honey Doo Stamp is beautiful
    Enjoy watching the planes My dad would be in his absolute element watching them
    Nice for you to have company yesterday Although I expect you’re tired today
    Work is finished for the day Yay! So tired again I wish I could sleep at night OH crashing around putting bins out doesn’t help when he came in from work! Feels so muggy here which doesn’t help either
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello All, very muggy here, although we had a shower last night, it’s all dried up.

    Sandra, lovely card, do love Honey Do stamps and fabulous colour.

    Hospital again yesterday, cardiologist this time, they have decided to stop my heart and shock it back again, and hopefully it will be in “ normal “ rhythm, with the use of powerful drugs, can’t say I’m looking forward to it but if it makes me feel better sooner the better.

    Hope you all have a good afternoon, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra & ladies again
    As my morning comment has been snatched again.
    Lovely card Sandra very pretty
    How is Matt now has he back at work yet I expect he loved having you to look after him.
    Hope you enjoy the planes at weekend.
    LILIAN I hope you haven't got too long for your hospital appointment
    About 12 or more year's ago I had a ABLATION operation to correct my Irregular heart beat. I do still get a few Irregular beats but nothing like it was. My brother also had the same problem as me & had same Ablation the heart doctor said it was strange for both of us to have Irregular heart beats.
    Anyway LILIAN nothing for you to worry about.
    MARIA are you still getting noise
    from your neighbours.
    Lovely SUE & PAT came to visit you yesterday.
    Hug's for everyone that needs them
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete