Friday 19 July 2019

Karen's Delighful Duo of cards & Next Weeks Challenge


Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well and ready for the weekend, it's going to be an exciting one here, although the weather is not forecast to be good, thunderstorms for Saturday, cloudy for the rest of the weekend, I feel so sorry for both the organisers of the Air Show as it is an absolutely enormous affair and the spectators, especially as they paid around £57 per ticket!!
We had a lovely pre-show Display from the Red Arrows yesterday afternoon, took me quite by surprise as I was pegging out the washing.  I do hope that they can be seen during their displays at the weekend, last year it was absolutely scorching hot sunshine all weekend.

Next Week's Challenge

Now on to 'Next Week's Challenge'....

Karen would like you to 'CASE' her cards, CASE = to Copy And Selectively Edit
So in other words Karen would like you to make your own version of these fantastic cards, you do NOT have to copy the design or layout exactly, you could use a stamped image, die cut (sue wilsons striplets) for instance, you could do a Groovi panel and use that, a Watercolour piece or use an image from a CD rom.  absolutely anything, just take whatever you want to from Karen's design.
There is no wrong or right way to do it, as always I just want you to have fun while you do it !!
I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Now I will add Karen's card description....

"These two are with the very first stamp I ever bought because I loved it so much I haven’t ever used it much before getting a stamping platform! It’s by JL when he was at CE
I was watching Phill Martin yesterday and he stamped with a couple of DO’s So I have used Picked Raspberry and Wild Honey on one and Broken China on the other The sentiments are Hunky Dory in the The appropriate colours and heat embossed
I used. Nico drops Another happy accident I thought the stamping was dry but can you see how the drops have picked up some of the colour underneath
Drops = Gloss white and Carnation pink and Caribbean ocean .

Karen I love that these cards were made with your first ever stamp, they are absolutely amazing and nobody would guess that you weren't a stamping pro!
Thank you for sharing your cards for this weeks Challenge, I really appreciate you helping me, I will also add that I made my CASE'd card within about an hour of Karen sharing her cards for the challenge and then made another for the next challenge, I was on a 'roll' after having such a dry spell!
Thanks again my lovely xxx

Now ladies, I would love for any of you to share a card that you would like everyone to make their own version of, it can be any design you like, it is always really helpful for me to have other people's ideas for challenges, especially with our holiday coming up.
As always I would really appreciate any cards that you would like send in for Blog posts while I am away.

I hope you enjoy the next challenge, I am already seeing some amazing cards for this weeks challenge coming in, you ladies do like a Tictactoe!

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

13 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Karen-two gorgeous cards and a great challenge.

    Perhaps everyone could take a turn in suggesting a challenge and making a card for
    It??

    We have heavy rain here this morning which I have to say is much needed. I’m glad it’s Friday as I’ve struggled this week at work-between inspections, being busy & it being very warm... not a great combination!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning ladies,

    Pretty cards Karen, I'll have to get my thinking hat on to CASE these designs.
    I don't know what the products Nico drops and Do'sSo are?

    Lunch club to day at Bridgwater's new Mercure Hotel. It boasts a Marco Pierre White restaurant which I have never been to so looking forward to our visit. Only one glip in the set menu caused me a bit of concern. Right at the bottom they state 'with a busy kitchen cross contamination can occur' In all the years I worked in kitchens, canteens and food outlets I know 'cross contamination should NEVER occur' in a well run establishment that trains its staff correctly. We shall see as I have asked for a salad to be on the safe side.

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry CHERYL Nico is a typo It should have read NUVO drops
      DO = Distress Oxide inks

      Delete
  3. Morning to all in the cafe' today
    Two lovely cards Karen, gorgeous colours. Hope to join the challenge next week.
    I got in such a pickle to try making a fancy fold one for this weeks and it hasn't worked so so far not a cc from me I'm afraid.
    It's raining here but very ,very muggy so wished for some thunder to clear the air would be good.
    BBQ and Louis B.party for tomorrow have been moved til Sunday as the weather seem to be dry/ier that day and a bit of heatwave is forecast for next week .
    I hope the weekend be good for you Sandra.
    Cheryl- enjoy your outing and meal and fingers crossed you not get bad tummy after.
    Lynda- take care. Is CU getting bigger arms yet ? Lol
    Janet- why does the time go so quick ? Have a safe journey back to the UK.
    Pat and Sue- nice to see you both had a crafting day with Sandra. Hope you both alright.
    Lilian- take care, thinking of you.
    Sorry didn't get in yesterday but after nearly 6 hours of facetime with parents, brother and new sister and not much sleep night before I was knackered gone 9pm. Taking back magazine I bought the other day, hope you can get a refund or a change at least. Have any of you bought the Simply Lettering magazine ?
    Many hugs are sent to you all, Val and Margaret, hope your day is fine.
    If you looking in and love cardmaking or any other craft you are more then welcome to comment , have a chat and enjoy a drink with some calorie free cakes. well one can always dream Lol
    Have a nice day everyone, love Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SANDRA for showing my CASE cards I hope you like this challenge ladies I think it’s fairly easy to “copy” and you such a talented bunch I just know you’ll come up with amazing ideas
    A great idea MICHELE that we all take turns but I really don’t mind helping out any time
    This afternoon we (inc daughter and partner- no Oscar) are going to Newmarket races There is a performance of Thriller when the racing finishes I’m looking forward to it but the weather forecast isn’t good
    Enjoy the fly pasts SANDRA from the comfort of your garden
    Take care ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret Palmer19 July 2019 at 11:43

    Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Lovely challenge this next week, thank you Karen & your cards are great. I will hopefully join in.xxx
    Sandra how lovely to have a display of Red Arrows, we used to watch them from my Mum's back door, she lived in Royal Wootton Bassett, they were stationed at Kemble then and used to practise over Dauntsey Vale. It is a shame the weather has changed.xxx
    The café is open & fruitcake in cabinet, so come & join us.
    Sending hugs to all who need them, Sue will be down later, she still cannot comment but looks in every day, love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Two lovely cards Karen. Love stampingonto a background. Although using your serif might be a bit harder that just doing that.
    Managed to get some Groovi work done over at Sandra’s. Left a bit later than usual. However as the cut through via Crawley was shut I had to go through Witney which was a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Sandra & ladies
    Really windy the bird's don't need to fly as getting blown along 🐦🤣
    KAREN your cards are lovely so pretty. Next week's challenge is a good one.
    Terry is out for a couple of hours gardening so I'm off to craft room
    JANET wow your holiday has just flown by have a safe journey home x
    Well I'm going to try & wash up all though I was under instruction not to do anything as I'm still unsteady on my feet & my back is still aching & worse when just standing in one spot.
    Hopefully this afternoon go into Broadstairs for some fresh air & people watching.
    Love & Hugs Lynda. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Afternoon Everyone
    KAREN two beautiful cards and a lovely idea for this week's Challenge.

    Of course I don't mind making suggestions for the Challenge and doing a card for it any time.
    SANDRA- I'll send you one or two/three etch cards to help out while you're away.

    Well everything packed in the car just bits and pieces tomorrow morning and then off we start our journey back. The time has flown by as usual and we still haven't caught up with jobs which need doing. Never mind there's always next time lol.
    Have a good week-end everyone. Whatever you all have planned take care and stay safe. HUGS are on their way to you all.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow doesn't time go quickly.
      Have a safe journey home.xx

      Delete
  9. Two lovely cards Karen and a great challenge.
    Had a lovely afternoon at craft group. Lots of chatting and laughing as usual.
    SANDRA saw the Red Arrows many times but got the same thrill every time. Enjoy the weekend. X

    Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Karen two lovely cards, thinking cap is on for this challenge!

    We have had a very busy day, started off with a funeral service at 10 am. When we returned home Granddaughter sent a text, were we at home? she and her brother came to visit (family are going on holiday on Sunday so will be away for two weeks) it was lovely to see them, I quickly made a batch of scones before they arrived. Not a crumb left by the time they went home ! They left and soon after my sister rang - would I order items featured on Hochanda. What should have taken me minutes ended up taking almost an hour. By this time it was a rush job to make dinner. Some times our life is taken over by events which we have no control over, you just have to go with the flow.

    Sleep well dear friends, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete