Tuesday 2 July 2019

Something Different today



πŸ’œπŸ’›❤Happy Birthday Lynda ❤πŸ’›πŸ’œ


Good Morning Ladies

Ladies I know that you all want to join me in wishing Our Very Special Friend Lynda an Extra Special Happy Birthday xxx

I hope that you have an amazing day my lovely, maybe we can have a phone chat if you aren't too busy celebrating!  I hope you get to eat some yummy cake too, I know that Terry (aka Captain Underpants) will treat you like a Queen.  I also hope that you have balloons and streamers hanging on your walking frame!!  teeeheee🀣🀣🀣

I was just messing about in my craft room yesterday as I am suffering a bit after the weekends travels, so I decided to use up some scraps from my over-flowing Bit Box to make some embellishments.
The theme of this months Swap over on our Facebook Group is making Embellishments, so I thought I would use some scraps of card to make some Rosettes and Paper Bows to use as an inspiration photograph to launch the Swap.

I used some Sue Wilson Bow dies for the bows of various sizes and the Heart Rosettes were made by cutting a template for the straight edged Hearts and a Curved Edger Die from Spellbinders was used for the fancy edged Heart Rosette.
I displayed all three sets on Spellbinders Detailed Scalloped Rectangle die cuts.  (I love this die).

I think that these would make great little sets to go on a Sale Table, as they are perfect for decorating a gift bag or box, have cost you very little yet look quite effective.

It was lovely to read that you had arrived and unpacked and are ready to relax, it will be lovely to spend some real quality time together, life can get so busy, especially having someone as kind and caring as you and Jim, you like to help people so having a good chunk of quality time to yourselves will be a real treat, particularly being somewhere you both love, although I am sure that Jim will find lots of projects to keep him busy!  Is he a man that likes to sit and read and relax, or does he prefer to keep busy, getting his relaxation from creating lovely things that improve your little paradise home?.
xxxx

Lilian, I look forward to seeing your challenge card this week my lovely, I am sure it must be getting very busy around you now, with all the holiday makers pouring in, I know Paul's parents struggle to do the simple things like going Grocery Shopping and attending appointments as the roads get so clogged up with Tourists (in Brixham).
I thought of you as I saw the Tennis today, I pictured you all settled in with your bowl of Strawberries and cream ready to watch tennis all day, you enjoy it my lovely xxxx

Right I am off into my Craft Room, I must also call the hotel that a few of us are meeting up in in Watford to see if we would be able to have a table to craft on (if we clean up our mess) lol.

Have a lovely day my lovelies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx




10 comments:

  1. Morning EveryonE
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNDA. I hope you have a wonderful day doing exactly what you want to do. I know you will be well spoilt and so you should be.xxxx

    Well the fridge etc are full so that's one job done. Yesterday wasn't quite a hot so it wasn't too bad supermarket shopping.
    Jim has mixed relaxations (hope that makes sense) He loves his crosswords and sudukos but also loves drawing and working in wood. In fact he made me a beautfiul cupboard a few years ago for all my craft stuff here in Marigny and of course he made a lovely wine cabinet for here too. I'll send you a picture if you would like.
    Tdday I'm hoping to get some of the roses dead headed before it gets too hot and I'm itching to start this week's CC.

    Have a good day everyone. HUGE HUGS for all with loads of extras who are in need.Take care in the sun and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello it's me again - SANDRA I love love love your embellishments. The are so pretty and you have given me something to work on too.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Ladies

    Lynda-I hope you have a wonderful Birthday today-Happy Birthday!!!!!!πŸŽ‚πŸ°πŸ§πŸΎπŸŽπŸŽ‰

    Yesterday wasn’t too busy at work so I managed to catch up on emails. I even managed to make a card last night!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra-love the tags you have made? They’re gorgeous.

      Michele

      Delete
  4. Good morning everyone and
    a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our Lynda ! Have a wonderful day.
    So sorry tho to see you had a very bad fall, glad you didn't break anything but oh you must be so sore bless you.
    I had a marathon look through e-mails and then in to the cafe' to have a look at what you all been up to.
    Michele- I hope you starting to feel brighter and work not to crazy.
    Janet- lovely to see you and Jim have the chance to visit your place in Marigny. Have a very nice time.
    Lilian- you take care. Hope the tourist aren't to wild and the roads not too bad.
    Oh Sandra- your cats and mouse story's made me laugh. They are too funny.
    I'll be back, the washing machine is ready (well the first one) so going to hang it out. Love Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back, the second machine is on and breakfast is in front of me with a nice cup of tea :)
    Sandra- hope your mum had a lovely birthday. You try to take care and hope the pain is not too bad for you. The embellishments you have made with scrap are very nice, a nice idea how to use up smaller bits. Looking forward to see some of you on Friday.
    I know you had it very hot here in the UK while we been away so I hope you all managed to stay cool somehow. It was a heatwave too in Majorca so we didn't do much else then sit around the pool, me mostly in the shade. My pain was more bearable and I daily did some exercises in the pool, it was so nice and only wish it could stay that way but sadly not.
    Going food shopping soon after hanged the washing out, think I will be running out of my mitch match pegs Lol
    I'm sending you all some hugs and hope you have a nice day. xxx
    We had an

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret Palmer2 July 2019 at 10:47

    Hi Sandra & all in cafΓ©,
    Lynda a very happy birthday to you.xxx
    Sandra what a good way to use scraps up, very pretty.xxx
    CafΓ© is open, there will be birthday cake this afternoon plus strawberries & cream.
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra & ladies
    First thank you all for the birthday messages also for all the beautiful birthday cards I have received they are all lovely.
    Haven't got anything planned for today but. We will go for a meal on Friday as it's our 50th wedding anniversary gosh 50 years I don't know where those years went. It's a little frightening how quickly the time goes.Janet Janet have a lovely holiday & Jim of course.
    Love Lynda xx
    I wish each & everyone a good day Hug's all round.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good evening HAPPY BIRTHDAY Linda I hope you had a very relaxing day
    I love your embellishments SANDRA and they’re scraps!
    I am trying to get my head around making a pop up box card It is so muggy here I am struggling to concentrate
    See you on the morning xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Happy birthday LYNDA hope you have had a lovely day. xx
    SANDRA what a clever girl you are, creating these beautiful embellishments from your scraps.
    I had my physio appointment this morning, have more exercises to do, hope they will help. Follow up appointment in 4 weeks........ watch this space!
    Sleep well everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete