Sunday 8 April 2018

Your challenge cards



Good Morning Ladies,

As I am writing this post I have not long been home after my day at the Stampin'Up! Onstage Event, it was a fantastic day and I came home with lots of Free goodies, including 4 new stamp sets, a lovely Tote bag, planner and other goodies.  I will say that I don't remember a time that I felt as exhausted as I do now though, both mentally and physically.  
Danielle was amazing though, she couldn't have done more for me, I wouldn't have been able to do it without her help and support, so if you are reading this Danielle, thank you so very much for your support, you are an amazing friend, xxx

Now there was a fantastic response to this weeks challenge, I had actually forgotten how much I love some of these old dies.

So without further delay here we go......


Brenda



Brenda has shared two stunning cards for this weeks challenge, the first card is a gorgeous birthday card that Brenda made in beautiful purple for her daughter.  
The second card is a beautiful wedding card. 
Brenda used Sue Wilson Time Square for the base and Madison Square for the filigree part, both from Sue Wilsons New York Die Range.
Thank you so much for taking part Brenda. 
XXX

 Cheryl


 Cheryl's card is simply beautiful, I love it, it uses on of my very favourite Spellbinders die, I have used Pat's die a few times and wouldn't mind getting my hands on my own one.
Spellbinders Detailed Scallops is the die, with three beautiful little trees embossed into it, amazing card Cheryl thank you for taking part.
XXX

Karen


Karen has made 3 cards for this weeks challenge,  all very different, all fantastic.....
Karen's first and second cards are made using :
number 1 is for my daughter She has a very important interview next week where she’s got to do a 10 minute presentation She’s not a frilly person So I think this will fit the bill Old is Deckle Edge Spellbinder dies New are the Stitched Doodled flowers and a smooshing PP background on glossy card
The second card is the same as the first card apart from the embossed centre panel.
Karen's third card is a one she was asked to make in the colours of the wedding. I will pop Karen's description below...
The old is Botanical Swirls placed in all four corners and new is the rose It May be an old Die But I’ve only just bought it.
Three fantastic Karen. thank you so much for taking part.
XXX

Lynda




WOW Lynda, two stunning cards from you, the second one is my absolute favourite, such a perfect wedding card or anniversary! The first was is incredible too.  Here is Lynda's description.....
Hi Sandra 2 CC First Spellbinders Butterfly background SW butterflies crafters companion 3D embossing folder sentiment from beautiful you Second card SW Greek island background SW ivy foliage flowers from stash Rose garden embossing folder S U sentiment beautiful you.
Thank you so much Lynda for taking part.

XXX


 Margaret

Margaret's lovely challenge card features Old Anne Marie card mixed with new Lots Of Lavender SU stamp set, the colours work beautifully together.
Thank you so much for taking part.
XXX

Maria

Oh Maria, such a lovely card, the clean and simple background really highlights all of the details in both die cuts.
Maria used Old: Stockholm and New: Lucy die sets to create her challenge card.
I know you are in chaos at home with the decorators in so I am super grateful that you managed to take part.
XXX

Michele



Michele has made two fabulous challenge cards, the first card is a stunning card made using Radiant Rectangles, the second using Sue Wilson Shadowbox die.  I will add Michele's description below..

Cards-old die on both cards are the mains ones , Radiant rectangles & Sue Wilson Shadow box. The sentiments are a new set of Dies I bought at the Sincerely Yours craft show last month.

Thank you Michele for taking part.
XXX


 Val
Val has used a combination of beautiful dies, both new and old, I am not sure of their names though.
I love that image Val, perfect for Teens and ladies, such a beautiful card.
You have had a horrible few days so I am super grateful that you have taken part.
XXX


Wow ladies, some lovely cards that show how much we loved those old dies, you have really blown me away, I am so grateful to all of you for taking part.

Lilian and Val, hugs on their way, XXX

Looking forward to seeing some of you today at Ally Pally today.

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
XXXXX

11 comments:

  1. Another super collection of cards ladies I loved be seeing everyone’s interpretations I enjoyed flicking through my old sets thinking “ooh I haven’t used that one in ages” but I reverted to some “old” classics
    Just about to finish getting ready waiting for my lift to Ally Pally So looking forward to seeing some of you and I’m sure we’ll raise a cup of tea or two to those that can’t make it
    Special hugs to LILIAN and VAL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    We arrived back last evening after two very long days so both of us are exhausted.

    BUT I have a keyboard in front of me YEHHHHHHHH.
    I cannot believe how much I have missed a proper keyboard and having used one for well over 55yrs it was like taking my hands away from me. The laptop from Marigny has come back with us so fingers crossed it can be repaired.

    Anyway a HUGE THANK YOU MARGARET FOR KEEPING THE CAFE OPEN AND DOING A FANTASTIC JOB.

    What a bountiful board of gorgeousness we have this morning. I love seeing all the old dies and I did manage to get one done but just couldn't get it sent off so I'm looking forward to this week's Challenge.

    I have tried looking in every day but wifi where we are is virtually non existent. We have to walk around the garden trying to find a spot and even then cannot rely on it. We're OK hooked up to the mains that is when the power doesn't go off for one reason or another lol.
    I've loved all cards and goodies shown and I hope I've managed to keep up todate with everything.
    Have a good day at Ally Pally all who are going and I'm looking forward to seeing the usual picture of you all.

    The CAFE is OPEN as usual but there will not be a lunch menu today as I'm sure most of you will be busy buying and eating at the show. Take care everyone.
    HUGE HUGS on their way to you all with loads of extras for you LILIAN. You really are missed so please come back soon. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Ladies

    What an amazing selection of cards this week, I loved this challenge and would like to use it again sometime as it made me look through my vast collection of Dies.

    After getting very wet yesterday morning, I made up 3 sample cards to take with me to the next social committee meeting for the church. I somehow have managed to volunteer myself to make Father’s Day Cards at the Summer Fair. I’ve kept the cards simple as I have no idea what ages might’ve making them.

    To everyone going to Ally Pally-have fun & looking forward to seeing what you all purchase!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    What a wonderful collection of challenge cards.
    I am on my way to Ally Pally should ve there in halh an hour.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back home now. You can tell I’m useless messaging on my phone!!!

      Lynda and Terry, Sandra and Paul, Karen, Maria, Margaret, Pat and Sue it was lovely to see you all and Thank you all for your company. I’ve had a brilliant day.
      Will unpack my bag tomorrow, for someone who wasn’t going to buy much my bag looks pretty full.

      Hope everyone arrives home safely. To all the other ladies on the blog we were thinking of you.... Special hugs just for you.

      Lillian hope you are beginning to improve and we will see some of your beautiful art work again soon. xx
      Have a peaceful evening everyone. XXX

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra and ladies.
    Just love all the cards everyone’s made this week. Brenda your purple card really looks like one of my Groovi works. I think it’s gorgeous.
    Had a fantastic day at Ally Pally. Great to meet up with friends once again. Margaret bought cake for us to eat. Great to see Lynda and CU as we didn’t see them in Sept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat lovely seeing you too. Did you get any groove plates.
      Hug's xx

      Delete
  6. Good evening everyone
    Well I had a brilliant day at Ally Pally it's my high light meeting some lovely friends Sandra & Paul Pat Brenda Sue Margaret ( thank you for yummy cake ) Maria & Karen so lovely seeing you roll on September.
    Like you Brenda my bag looks pretty full too. Sue I managed to find the £ magazine haven't opened anything yet though I'm to tired.
    WOW ladies what beautiful cards from you all today like Michele said wouldn't mind another challenge like this one later on. Thank you very much Sandra for your wonderful blog. Glad to see you back safe & sound Janet,x
    Well I keep nodding so will see you all tomorrow
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello All, just a quick note from , it’s all that I have energy to do.

    Love all the cards today, so glad you all had a good day at AP.

    Hugs to all and thanks for all your good wishes, still no news from hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lillian it’s so lovely that you managed to drop in. We really have missed you. Hope your energy continues to improve. Take care, Big Hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi everyone.
    Fabulous cards this Sunday girls. Good fun to see what was hiding in the box of dies so this challenge would be good for another time too Sandra.
    Lilian, it is lovely to see you pop in. Have been worried about you. You know we are here for you whenever you need to talk. Sending you some big hugs.
    It was great to see some of you at AP today ,it was the highlight of the day to have lunch and spend some hours together. A big thank you to Margaret to bring us her lemon and coconut cake which is thee best ! and for giving me back the cross stitch work I gave her 2 years ago to make up. Can't tell you how grateful I am, it is beautiful, Thank You !!
    Did some make and take, however Pat and I got a surprise I must say when she asked for the money, I got stumped earlier in the morning when told it cost to make one and some were still free. Really enjoyed it tho.
    Also did a little shop so will take a photo and let you see what my damage was for this time hihihi
    Popped over to SIL for coffee afterwards which turned into dinner so got back late this evening tired but happy so now just having a tea and then to bed I think.
    Sleep well, many hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete