Monday 30 June 2014

Happy Birthday Mum!



 Hi Everyone,
Sorry for not posting for the last couple of days, the journey etc totally wiped me out!
Today's card is the one I made for my Mum's birthday, thankfully she loved it, which pleased me greatly!
I started off with an 8x8 card, then had a go at piercing a border, I have to say that I am not a natural like Sue, I was using the Tim Holtz retractable piercing tool made by tonic and I think that the point part is graduated so if you don't use the same pressure on each hole they appear different sizes, while at Ally Pally I bought the same tool that Sue uses (it looks like a dart without the flights), I got it from the Colemans stand (i think) as that was where Sue had told me she had got hers!
I coloured some white card with the milled lavender distress ink and used it as a tiny matt, then I embossed another piece of white card with Creative Expressions A4 Embossing Folder 'Cascading Hearts', i then cut another matt of lavender coloured card,  then another white, I used a couple of Fleur de lys flourishes (spellbinders) I think I used Majesctic Elements labels 25, to cut the fancy matt. I cut some flowers using the Spellbinder 'Bitty Blossoms' out of Creative Expressions Felt, which cuts like butter, I used a flourish from my stash, popped some lilac coloured pearls on top of the flowers and in the corners. I used a Lily of the valley stamp to put 'mum' on the card and put a little contrast of felt behind it, added a couple CE pearl swirls!  Wow this explaining thing takes forever! sorry guys, but someone might find it useful!
I have my lovely husband Paul home today, YAY! I might pop along to the allotment with him this afternoon, its so peaceful there, all you can hear is birds! I can sit and make and he can do some hard graft, he is building a fruit cage to stop the pesky pigeons pinching our raspberries!
Happy Crafting,
Sandra
please leave me a comment below, I love to read them x




7 comments:

  1. Mrs B. Paul.riley01@ntworld.com
    Or leave message here,
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra. I have finally found your email and blog :)
      ( I don't get on that well with computers, ok with stuff I know, otherwise it takes me ages!)
      Have had a look at your blog and want to say that I love your cards, they are beautiful. I am going to email you right now: ) Take care.

      Delete
  2. Sandra, your card is stunning, your mum will treasure it I am sure, Glad your husband is at home to give you some help.. Hope your pains get a little bit easier to manage. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra,
    Your card is beautiful.I love the colours and the little flowers. I agree the felt cuts beautifully. Your explanattion is really clear as well. Not surprised your Mum loved it.
    Pleased you were not too "wiped out" by your hectic weekend. Hope the girls football went well. How lovely of your husband to take time off to spend with you today. Hope you had a lovely day in the sunshine. It was lovely here.
    I was crafting with the children today as usual .
    Take care,
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs B I haven't received your email yet! Just to confirm the email address
    paul.riley01@ntlworld.com it's a zero not a o in 01
    Also no capitals x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry just noticed I didn't write it correctly ( it's the I pad, it's set on predictive text and drives me mad)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra, stunning card love the colours you have used the flowers are so pretty. You do write such good descriptions I can see why your mum liked it,
    Gorgeous Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete