Friday 20 June 2014

It seems like only yesterday!


I made this card a couple of weeks ago for a friend who's daughter was getting married.  The verse is so beautiful I wanted it to be the focal point of the card,
I will say that the tears were streaming down my face as I was typing into the computer, very emotional and very true, it seemed very close to home as my daughter is called Rebecca too!
I used a 8x8 square card and trimmed 2/3rds of the front away, I then covered the whole card with a soft gold patterned paper, from an old Kanban kit i think.  I cut out the verse using a Grand Square Spellbinder Die and matted and layered onto a larger Grand Square of soft gold shimmer card from my stash, I ran a strip of contrasting paper down the length of the card on both sides and topped that strip with a pearl a length of decorative pearl string.  I then mounted the verse topper onto the left hand side of the card, decorating with a few paper roses and some of Sue's (Creative Expressions) mini pearl Swirls, they are so pretty and so useful when you just need a 'little something'! I finished the card with the adorable 'Classic 3D Bow Dies from Sue Wilson's 'Finishing Touches Collection'
they are perfect for finishing off your projects using matching papers, so no need to try and find matching ribbon, genius, as are most of the new Sue Wilson Dies, you can tell they have been designed by a Crafter as she has thought of everything, from creating that perfect border to flower dies the exact size that we have had to hand cut before and as you need 3 for every single flower it was a bit of a chore, but no more, I couldn't wait to get my hands on them!
Anyway, thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Sandra xx

4 comments:

  1. Sandra this card is stunning & the verse is so beautiful did you make it up yourself well done.
    I will e.mail pictures again.
    Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra I have just popped over from Sue Wilson's blog, and I can see why you were in tears the verse is beautiful and I would have loved to put it into a card when my daughter got married, your card is stunning. I will be coming back to see what have up on your blog. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra,
    Me again! Gorgeous card and the sentiment is so lovely. It is a real treasure for a Bride from her Mum.
    I tried to send an email but it didnt work! Probably something I did wrongly.
    Lol ! I will try again - we go home tomorrow evening and I will try again.
    Take care, hope you are not suffering too much pain at the moment.

    Love and crafty hugs, Myra. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph, I put it on for inspiration for you, I hope you like it x

    ReplyDelete