Monday 1 May 2023

Silhouette Card & Happy Birthday Sue

 


 πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ Happy Birthday Sue πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚



Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

Firstly please join me in wishing our Lovely Sue a Very Happy Birthday!  Sue I hope you have an amazing day celebrating your special day with your family ❤

May is upon us already,  it felt like a lovely May day on Saturday, sadly it was a lot cooler yesterday,  Paul managed to get both lawns cut and some tidying up, I kept interrupting him to fill me some more pots with compost,  so that I could continue 'potting on' the seedlings, it always takes longer than you think, not that I'm complaining, at least the seeds grew successfully πŸ˜„  Fingers crossed May will bring us lots of lovely Sunshine ☀️

Today's card was inspired by quite a few Silhouette cards on my Pinterest boards, I experimented with different ways of creating a blended background, I tried with brayer, I just couldn't get deep enough colour,  then I tried brayering onto gelli plate, it gave a lovely even coating,  well blended too but still not deep enough colour.  Today's card was made using blending brushes, I guess if it aint broke don't try and fix it !!                                              I used Stampin Up inks Polished Pink & Pale Papaya, they blended together beautifully, I decided to go with Black card silhouette for this card, I used Tim Holtz Flowering Field die to cut the card.  I adhered it to my blended background and added a few tiny butterflies to finish the look.  I couldn't decide on a sentiment so I have left it blank for now.  I have done another version of this card for tomorrow,  we can compare and see what you think.  

I want to thank you all for your lovely comments yesterday, it really reassured me that you are still interested in seeing the blog each day.  Please be assured that if it becomes too much to manage I will let you know.  Right now I need the accountability to keep me getting up and feeling like I have a purpose.  

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love & Hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 






9 comments:

  1. It’s a lovely card I am pleased that you want to continue with the blog but I’m sure all of us don’t want you to stress about it
    We lost at bowls but it was lovely being out in the fresh air and chatting with lovely people
    Visiting my sister in law today and before I forget HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning everyone
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE. Hope you have the best of days and that you have lovely plans for today.

    A beautiful card to start the day SANDRA.
    This year is just flying at a great rate of knots.
    I just have a couple of household jobs for today and then need to think about tomorrow -K&N- with fingers crossed.

    HUGS to you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Happy Birthday Sue, have a lovely day 😊 xx
    I love your card today. The silhouette die is beautiful and looks stunning against your background 😊
    A grey start to the day here and we’ve had some rain. Hopefully it will brighten up!
    A quiet day here as nothing planned, so I’ll be doing some crafting 😊
    Have a lovely day whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE, I hope you have a great day today. ENJOY your special day. XX
    Sandra pleased you have decided to carry on with your blog, from my point of view you would be sadly missed. But you must not put pressure on yourself or feel you have to carry on for our sake. I just love reading what you have been making and/are doing. This blog is a lifeline for me. xx
    Ladies enjoy your May Day whatever your plans.
    Love and hugs, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops sorry, forgot to comment on the beautiful card.
      I love today’s card your background is stunning xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi everyone and a very Happy Birthday to our Sue 🎁🎈🍰 have a great day!!
    A grey start to the day but hopefully the rain will stay away. Not doing much today. Still very tired, do need more sunshine.
    Love the card Sandra, the colours are wonderful together. We all love your blog but will understand if you need to change or have a break at times.
    Have a good day everyone, many hugs to you all. Extra hugs for anyone who need some. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, a little bit sunshine but mostly cloudy. Still it’s much warmer.
    Happy Birthday Sue, sorry your card will be late, forgot to give it to R to post (I don’t go out now). Hope you had a lovely day.
    Sandra beautiful card today, love your perfect blending and the die cut ?
    Have spent most of the day trying to look at my Pinterest boards, but no luck, shall have to go by the picture.
    Hope you are all having a good day, hugs to all Lilian.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandras and all looking in.
    First of all I want to say THANK YOU FOR ALL OF MY BEAUTIFUL CARDS AND THE KIND WORDSπŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
    I didn’t realise but Chris had been getting to the post first and hiding them all except one so I didn’t get suspicious, so it was a wonderful surprise to see such a pile of envelopes. Paige helped me open them and save the stamps (don’t know if they are still able to be used to help the Guide dogs for the blind any more? I must check but we will still continue to save the few we get these days until I know otherwise) She enjoyed looking at all of your cards nearly as much as I did. I have had a lovely day with the family and we are waiting for an Indian takeaway to finish the day.
    I hope the weather has been kind to you all. Thank you once again. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandra. I’m sorry that I forgot today how much I love todays card. We were only talking about how much we both love these silhouette cards and your blending is perfect. As you say “ If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete