Sunday 14 May 2023

Our Pinterest Inspired Challenge Projects

 





Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

We had our work cut out with that weeding yesterday,  goodness me there were so many, we have two main problem weeds that no matter how hard we try we can't eradicate.....


 This is called Herb Robert, it self seeds and no matter how often we pull these up they just keeping coming back!   Kleavers or Sticky Willie is another rapid growing weed that loves our garden,  Docks too, they are so hard to dig out too, poor Paul gets his workout with those! 


This is another problem weed we have,  the trouble is we have a lot of wildlife in the garden so don't want to put any chemicals down, so we will just have to keep digging and mulching!  Do any of you have these weeds ??

Let's brighten the day up with a look at what you have been making this week....

Your Challenge Cards

Brenda




Brenda created a lovely blended background,  I particularly like the little areas where the blended colours have created pretty greens and purples.  The Circle Background is a HoneyDoo Die, to finish the card Brenda has added a beautiful flower coloured in a pretty blue to compliment the background. A beautiful  bow and sentiment finish this lovely card.

Thank you so much Brenda for taking part in this weeks challenge, I really do appreciate it XXX 

Lilian 



Lilian's Description:

Card 1:  Hi, here is another card for this week, first play with the new stamps.

I took a piece of smooth water colour card bigger than the stamp.
Stamped it in black memento ink, several times to get a good depth of black. Left in the stamp press and the stamp and coloured it with several shades of yellow inktense pencils. 
Then I inked the stamp with vesa fine black ink several times and then used clear embossing power. Having left card and stamp in position it’s easy to stamp after colouring, no lining up to do. Found some light yellow patterned card for backing.

Card 2:  Hi here is my card for this week, from an idea I saw on Pinterest, but a bit different. They are from Stamperia vintage library. It’s for my daughter’s birthday, she is an avid reader and loves book  shops.

Two amazing cards Lilian,  your Daughter will love her Book themed card, it couldn’t be more perfectly suited!  
Now your second card using Tim Holtz new stamps is stunning, I love everything about it, so much so that I had to buy the stamp set !!  Thank you so much for 2 amazing Challenge cards. XXX 

Karen 



Karen's Description:

Card 1:  Another Pinterest idea
I have used Sue W dies in grey and gold for the frames and the daisy I stamped a Julie Hickey sentiment in grey

Card 2:  Exactly the same card but 2 entirely different colour ways

Karen I love these cards, isn't it incredible that changing the angle of a rectangular die cut can make such a fantastic card.  I absolutely love both designs.  I can see why you used your Stamp Platform,  getting those leaf sprigs in the right place would have been a nightmare!  Worth the trouble you took though!  Thank you so much for taking part XXX 



Maria



Maria's Description:

1) I cut out the largest circle with the new dies I got and then used the card as a stencil to colour in with Tattered Rose.
 Mostly I have seen the stamping being done with leaves and flowers but I went with this nice butterfly. I used another stencil the the little holes  and lines. Need a sentiment and something else but not sure what 😏
2) Another card I have taken from my Pinterest is this where you lined
 off a part of the card and here I used Twisted Citron and Stamps from  a crafting magazine. 
   
Two beautiful stamped cards Maria, such a brilliant idea to use the new dies you bought to create a mask to ink through,  giving you a perfect distressed circle to stamp that gorgeous butterfly on!  
The lovely detailed stamp on your second card looks like the one that came in the IndigoBlu box Magazine last year, I love how detailed it is.  Having that spray of flowers in the opposite corner gives the card a lovely balance.  
Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge my lovely XXX 

Sonia

Sonia's Description:

I really need to buy some grey card, as mine looks quite green! The sentiment is from Tracey Hey. I used a HobbyCraft background stamp, inked in VersaMark.

Such a lovely card Sonia, I love the composition,  that striped strip makes such a difference to the overall look,  it draws your eye in.                         Thank you so much for taking part my lovely XXX 



Sue


Sue's Description:  

I have closely followed a card made by Vicki  Keyzer for my Pinterest challenge card this week xx

Oh Sue your card turned out so beautiful, I saw the beginning stages when you were creating it here on Thursday,  it really is a WOW card, that sentiment works perfectly too!   
Thank you so much for taking part in the Challenge XXX

 ********************

Another incredible display of cards my lovelies, any totally successful challenge!  I think we will 100% repeat this challenge in a few weeks time.   Thank you all so very much ❤️ 

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday, 

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx 

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful display I will trying a lot of these ideas
    The World Food Festival was lovely but mighty cold! It had all sorts of cuisine from all over Albanian, Iraq, Caribbean, Chinese, Italian, French, Japanese, English, Italian and that’s just a few countries represented Listening to live music too It made such a lovely change
    Today we’re off to Greenwich and maybe Vauxhall Park
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A lovely selection of beautiful cards today, they’re all stunning 😍
    I really enjoyed this challenge, just sad I didn’t have time to do more.
    Had quite a busy weekend with working and then out last night to a party and Mother in Law visited this afternoon. I’m ready for a day off tomorrow ☺️
    Hope you’ve all had a lovely weekend.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Wonderful selection of CC's today. I love them all ! Defiantly a challenge we can do again.
    Hope you all have had a good weekend. I haven't done much other than emptied eight bags of small stones around the front of the house yesterday so took it easy today 😊
    Have a nice evening. Many hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Lovely challenge cards ladies, so much inspiration from everyone. Definitely a popular challenge Sandra I’m sure you will be happy to repeat at some point.
    Hope you have all had a good weekend, ours has been very quiet.
    Have a good week, Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete