Saturday 6 May 2023

Mixed Up Saturday

 







Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you all have your Cakes & Scones ready for sitting to watch the Coronation, not sure how much we'll get to see as we have Harley to look after and he has to be watched like a hawk, he isn't a dog that will just come into lounge and settle down, he has to be up sniffing round everywhere, like he can't relax bless him. 

It looks like it's going to be a long ceremony, through the different stages of the Coronation, it will be interesting to watch the process.  I do hope that none of these idiot groups manage to cause disruption with their silly demonstrations!   Matt & Alex had booked to go to London before they knew about it being the weekend of the Coronation, they left yesterday afternoon,  they are travelling out to the Paradise Wildlife Park for Alex to feed the Wolves (her favourite animal) then spend a few hours wandering round then they go back into London for the night.  I expect that will have a very long journey back into London with all the people that have gathered to see the Coronation travelling home.

Creative Stamping Magazine

Review 



This months Issue includes some lovely free stamps by Crafty Individuals,  a lovely Giraffe & Zebra in a Zentangle style they are so detailed. The rest of the stamps make up a fun Safari collection. An Emboss folder too.




This first Technique shows a different way to apply your inks and make backgrounds, using ribbon, torn paper etc.




Get your inks out, we are inking up our embossing folders for these cards, we are doing some light sanding too, we have all the techniques happening for these cards! 



These cards are made by making masks of the stamps so that you can build scenes, these cards (according to the description) are 'beautiful cards for Ladies '!! 🤣😂




Male cards this time using bold patterns to create backgrounds,  I love some of these designs, I might do a couple of journal pages or even Thrinchies.



Now this is the Technique I used to make the flower card last week, its really fun, especially peeling the mask back to reveal the full effect. I shared the card i made above. 




Finally we have some lovely Clean & Simple style cards, using masking again to create that lovely Giraffe with a the foliage behind him.  The little cub under the tree is a cute card.

A good issue with some fun techniques this month, I believe there is another magazine with free gifts that also have a Safari theme so you could extend your collection. Its Papercraft Essentials Issue 224.

*****************

I hope that you all have a lovely day watching the Coronation, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 




4 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love that quote 🙂
    A great magazine review and some lovely freebies, excellent for male cards! 😊
    Up and out early with Barney and the tv is now on. I’ve got a few bits to do before the main event, but I shall be watching. I haven’t got any cake or scones, but I might have a small glass of Prosecco to toast our new King 😊
    I hope Matt and Alex have a lovely time. I can imagine the atmosphere in London will be fantastic. I hope Harley settles ok.
    Have a lovely day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are away in Blackpool and enjoying some dance classes Plus I’m really struggling to find terrestrial tv in the room! Hopefully there’ll be highlights on a channel I can find later Thank you for the magazine review and that negative stamping/stencil does look great After a late night I can barely function so off for a nap now Take care everyone
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Love todays saying. And the review sounds good but I don’t have any pictures for some reason. I will look again later. I hope Matt and Alex have a nice time and that Harley isn’t too unsettled. We watched the main ceremony on bbc. I think they always have the best camera positions for these type of events. Such a shame it rained so much though but that is the British weather for you isn’t it and all of the armed forces etc. marching did us proud. Have a nice evening everyone. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all, what a wonderful day watching the coronation, enjoyed the whole thing.
    Great saying today, and your card is beautiful.
    Good magazine review, don’t think I would use the free stamps, although they are cute.
    Hope you have all had an enjoyable day. Lilian

    ReplyDelete