Thursday 11 May 2023

Another French Foliage card

 



Good Thursday Morning Ladies, 

I hope today finds you all well, I hope the weather didn't cause you too many disruptions, we had a day of power cuts yesterday,  they are quite common here,  it was on and off all day which was so frustrating, we have to reset the Internet every time it goes off, we had so very heavy rain too. 

I know they say "Blue & Green should never be seen" but I actually like the combination, they just happen to be two of my favourite colours! 

I used the same French Foliage set that I used yesterday,  this time I stamped them in Night of navy,  to create the green block I made a mask out of scrap paper, laid it over my very vanilla card front and then inked up my brayer with Old Olive ink and inked over my die cut rectangle, I really like that it didn't come out perfectly rectangle as it goes with the sketchy style of the leaves. 

I hope that you all have a great Thursday, 

Happy Birthday Michele 🎂,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday MICHELE I did pop a card in the post yesterday Not sure if it will arrive by today
    Another card which I adore because of the sketchiness When I was at school my art teacher said that “red and green should never be seen” and then went in to say “but look at nature…”
    Hope to go and play bowls this afternoon as it’s lovely and sunny
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandra and all who stop by today,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELE hope you are having a great day xx
    Today’s green and blue card is gorgeous, the sketchy design gives it a really modern look.
    It sounds like yesterday with all the power cuts your day. It was quite a nightmare whatever the problem was. I hope it has been resolved now and you’re able to get on with whatever is planned today.
    I haven’t done much so far today, walked around and spent some time in the garden, checked out the greenhouse that’s about as active as I’ve been, came in made a coffee for us both then sat down to read the newspaper, John is still outside he can always find another job to do.
    Better get a wiggle on now and move these bones!
    Take care everyone, Big Hugs, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Great card and nothing wrong with green 💚 and blue 💙 together 🙂
    Happy Birthday to our Michele 💐🎈🍰 have a good day.
    Went out to the garden centre this morning. Ordered home some stones for the front and compost for the pots etc it's all coming on Saturday.
    Brenda, fabulous news 🤗 make sure to take it easy.
    Where are our Janet ? Hope you are alright.
    Sue, get better soon.
    It was a nice morning here but more rain came and I'm feeling pretty cold and that is indoors 🤭
    Many hugs are being sent to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Happy Birthday Michele, hope you’re having a lovely day.
    Love you card today, and I think blue and green go fabulously together ☺️
    Enjoy the rest of the day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m a day behind, I’ve just realised that I hadn’t read the blog today.

    Loved your card Sandra, I’m ok with blues d green , it’s purple and orange together that I can’t do.I used to work for a designer many years ago, and she would always put those two colours together.
    I’ll say good nigh now, and hopefully be more alert in the morning.
    Happy Birthday Michele, card in the post when R can post it for me.

    ReplyDelete