Thursday 18 May 2023

Dainty Flowers Fun Fold

 




Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope that today finds you well, sending hugs to those of you that are struggling right now 🥰

As I am writing today's post we are on the Oxford Tube (coach) heading into London,  it's easier and less expensive than the train, infact it was free for us as Becca complained after the terrible journey we had home when us girls went to London for the girls birthday last year.  I will tell you all about our day on tomorrow's blog.

Today's card was a fun make, quite time consuming as there was a lot of cutting and measuring and fussy cutting but the finished card was worth the time it took,  plus its a pleasure making cards for special friends that you know appreciate all the little detail.  The papers are the Dainty Flowers I have used a couple of times but they are discontinued now so have come a precious commodity!   

Here is a view showing the shape of the card...


It folded flat for posting but was a large letter because of the thickness.  

Sending my love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful card and yes Sonia will truly appreciate it
    I hope you enjoyed your trip into London How long does it take going by bus?
    I started a card yesterday which I hope to complete today It is a style of card I have wanted to try for ages I hope it works - we’ve all had those moments where in our heads it works and then doesn’t
    Out dancing tonight hopefully
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes about an hour depending on traffic. We didn't get home until almost 2am, so I definitely prefer staying over in London, I can't wait to see your card xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Karen. Do you look on the Hobbycraft site. I thought of you when I saw the email from them. They have loads of different crochet animals and other objects along with the free instructions at the moment xx

      Delete
  2. Hi everyone
    I was absolutely delighted to receive your beautiful card, its stunning 😍 The time and effort you put into making it for me means a lot, thank you so much my lovely 😘
    I hope you had a lovely day yesterday, will look forward to hearing all about it 😊
    Our Internet has gone down, apparently all over the estate! So I'll be struggling on my phone! Hopefully it'll be back soon.
    Hope you're all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all
    Love Sonia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Wow what a beautiful card. A lot of work but worth every bit when you know Sonia will understand and appreciate it all. Those papers are gorgeous. I wonder if they will be reintroduced in the future?
    I hope you have managed to get some sleep my lovely. Such a long day/night for you xx
    Janet I hope you are not feeling quite so bad now dear friend xx
    Sending love and hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    What a fantastic card. 😃 Well worth the time and our Sonia is so worthy a card like this x
    I made a so called prototype of a card today that I always wanted to do. It's not perfect but might try another one tomorrow.
    Hope you had a good day in London and you could rest today after the long day.
    Sending a lot of hugs to you all. Well wishes to our friends who are not 100%, take care . xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Sandra what a Gorgeous card you made for Sonia, the papers you used are amazing and so versatile.
    Hope you managed to have a sleep in this morning after your trip to London and the theatre, I hadn’t realised how late you would be getting home, you all must have been exhausted. xx
    I’ll say goodnight to you all, Sleep well. Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete