Wednesday 24 May 2023

Double Gate Fold

 






Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

I want to send out special, gentle hugs to all of our blog family that are feeling under the weather at the moment, I hope that you all start to feel brighter as the week progresses xxx

We had a nice quiet day yesterday after the excitement of the electrician's visit yesterday,  all furniture replaced,  we had a bonus find of a pair of the girls knickers and an odd sock from the back of the tumble dryer, so all was not lost ! 😉🤣  
I really didn't do much in preparation but a combination of that and potting on my plants really caught up with us yesterday morning,  I felt slightly unwell and Paul said he wasn't feeling a 100% either which is a very rare thing.   I finished a 'Special Card' and then made this one for today so I felt like I had really accomplished something by teatime.  Frustratingly we had booked to go to the cinema,  not realising how we would feel, I will let you know how that went. 

Today's card is a double gatefold,  well kind of, it isnt meant to meet in the centre like a gatefold,  your base card is 10 3/4  x 5 1/2 inch,  score @ 1  5/8,  3 1/4, 7 1/2 & 9 1/8, burnish your score lines and away you go. I used So Saffron as my accent colour for the mats and to colour the flowers, the stamps and dies are from the Happiness Abounds collection.

I hope you all have a lovely day, 

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx



6 comments:

  1. Pretty summery card and a clever fun technique
    Isn’t it lovely to have a bit of dry warm weather I enjoyed sitting in the sunshine watching a game of bowls
    Today I must finish some cards that I started to cut out yesterday and OH is playing bowls this evening If it stays fairly warm I will go and watch
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your beautiful card today, the fold is lovely 😍
    Hope you and Paul are feeling better today 🥰
    We are truly being spoilt with this wonderful weather, looks set to last a little while too.
    Have a lovely day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Lovely card and an interesting fold. Love it.
    Wishes for everyone to have a nice day and that you are all feeling better now the sun is shining and hopefully the temperature will come up with it.
    Have a few thing to do this morning but the fingers crossed I can make a card up for this weeks cc.
    Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now today I did exactly as I was trying to do yesterday and it’s published whoopee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All, lovely sunshine, but a very stiff breeze which is chilly.

    Lovely card today, I also love the yellow card, I hav one small piece left. Very clever fold today.

    Tomorrow is dentist again, she is hoping to get the last root out, can’t say I’m looking forward to it.

    Car had a fault again today, another £ 200 pounds, seems to me you put one foot in a garage and it’s over a hundred pounds.

    Janet, hope you will be back with us soon.
    Have a pleasant evening, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a pretty card, that beautiful yellow is so bright and cheerful. I’ve never seen this double fold style before but it is lovely and you have chosen the perfect papers and colours and I love how you have die cut one of the folds. Definitely one to try.
    I hope both you and Paul are feeling better. It’s always a worry when our men admit to not feeling well isn’t it. Hugs to you both xx
    Janet, I hope you get your internet sorted soon xx
    We have had a wonderful day of sunshine. It can stay like this now as far as I am concerned.
    Sleep well everyone. Take care. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete