Wednesday 10 May 2023

A french stamp Combination



 

Bonjour Mes Aimes,

I hope that you didn't have too much rain yesterday,  we had a couple of showers that got heavier later in the afternoon the showers turned to torrential downpours,  that turned to hailstones accompanied but Thunday & lightening, which must have been right above us as the last thunder clap really made me jump!  On the up side it will make the weeds easier to pull up!  

Today's card was the result of a combination of two stamp sets that I have bought over the last coupme of months on Facebook Selling sites, you cannot go wrong buying older SU stamps as (A) they are good quality so they always stamp perfectly and (B) They hold their value,  in fact some of the popular older stamps can cost almost the same as when new.  

The combination I used today are French Foliage...


And a lovely Script Background stamp called "En Francais " 


It is almost impossible to get a decent photo of this stamp for some reason.  Its a lovely French script in a really pretty font.

I wanted to go for a monochromatic look, so obviously I chose Green, Old Olive to be exact, I masked off a little over a third of the card front and inked the stamp and stamped on scrap paper a couple of times, then stamped onto my card,  I decided to use Very Vanilla (cream) card this time.  I then took the leaf stamps and stamped them randomly down the length of the card, using 2nd & third generation stamping too.  As is usually the case with me, the longest part of the process was choosing a sentiment,  I found this 'Thank you' in my sentiment box, I believe its an old Phil Martin stamp. 

It's a different look, there are lots of variations of this card on my Pinterest, I also did another card with the foliage stamp, breaking the "Blue & Green should never be seen" rule!  I will show you tomorrow!

I hope that you all manage to aboid any rain today,

Have a Happy Hump day,

Love and hugs

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 

        


6 comments:

  1. These stamps are gorgeous and you have really showcased them beautifully
    It certainly did rain yesterday and today it’s beautiful sunshine!
    OH is donating blood later (hopefully - he has been anemic in the past) I hope to craft Actually I have 3 birthday cards to make Perhaps Pinterest will help!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your card today, those stamp sets are beautiful 😊
    Better weather today, so far. We also had some thunder and lightning, but think we were on the edge of it as it wasn’t as much as Mark got at work a few miles away!
    I started a couple of cards yesterday, but decided I didn’t have the right sentiments, so I made a little purchase from Seven Hill Crafts 😊
    Crafting again today along with some housework!
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card. Love the script with those leaves, they look so delicate.
    I hope that the weather is not too bad around were you live and will get flooding.
    We managed to get our patio cleaned this morning before all hell broke out again with thunder and very heavy rain.
    Karen, hope your OH could give blood today. I'd like to do that but with the little blood the nurse get out of me when having blood tests I don't think I could.💉🧛‍♂️
    Naughty Sonia 🤭 enjoy your new purchase when it arrives 🙂
    Aching today so haven't done much, just cut out bits for card making tomorrow. Time to start dinner so I wish you all a nice evening and hope your day have been okay. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Beautiful card in my favourite colour, love these stamps, I’m sure you will get quite a lot of use out of them.
    It was my Royal Marsden appointment today, I have monthly checkups, pleased to say all is going to plan and I don’t have to return for two months and will have a PET scan before my next appointment. Brilliant results.
    Hope your day has been good.
    Take care, Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone, wet again.

    Love your very clever way of stamping, you’ve got the clean and simple technique.

    R has had his computer put in today, his friend used to be a computer lecturer before he retired, so he loaded all the stuff from his old one. Then he gave us a lesson on using it, gave me a terrible headache.
    Hope you all ok, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in. This mornings card is lovely. The script stamp is great and looks like a decent size, sometimes they are too small to be used as a whole background. That sentiment is beautiful. Stampin up stamps are always great quality. I just wish I could get on better with the red rubber ones but I still struggle with positioning even when using my Stamparatus. That is the only reason I will sell Mums collection.
    I’m so looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and crafting my lovely 🥰 It’s been far too long xx
    I hope you all had a good day. Sending hugs to everyone. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete