Tuesday 9 May 2023

A 'Sampler ' style card



Good Morning Ladies, 

The forecast got it right, we had plenty of showers yesterday, it was one of those days where you need to have lights on one minute then off the next.  We attempted some gardening but we were in and out that many times that we gave up.  I potted up some cuttings I'd taken from some shop bought Basil (in a pot), I nipped 3 or for pieces off the stems, took all but 1 small leaf off and popped into some water on the kitchen windowsill,  2 weeks later we have loads of roots,  so I potted them up and fingers crossed we'll get more basil. 

What did you all get up to?

Today's card is one I have been admiring on Pinterest for years, I hadn't realised that I had both stamp sets needed to make it so thats what I sat and did during the showers, the most time consuming part was accurately cutting all of those rectangles! Then I stamped them with 3rd generation Sahara sand ink, with different background stamps from Timeless Textures Stamp set (SU)  The flowers & Foliage are from another old SU set called Flowering Fields, I used Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive, So Saffron & Crushed Curry inks to colour the images.  The sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede. Then came the fun part... arranging the rectangles so that they were equally spaced !!                                I stamped one of the flowers on the insert of the card to continue the design. 


Its nice to see a cream based card for a change, these colours work so well together.  The original designer of this style card was Maui Stamper. 

I hope that you all have a good day, 

Love & hugs to All,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card Ot reminds me of one Sue W did years ago where she scored squares - masked them off - stamped and created like a tile effect I might try that later!
    Most of yesterday was spent travelling home It was a fun but very tiring weekend! It made me realise how much I missed my phone which is daft isn’t it We did alright without them a few years ago didn’t we
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I absolutely love your card today 😍 The stamps are pretty and I love the colours you’ve used.
    We had showers here on and off yesterday too, fortunately they weren’t too heavy until the evening.
    Mark and I went for our afternoon tea. It was nice, but I can honestly say that if you’re looking for somewhere nice to go for a special afternoon tea, I wouldn’t recommend Patisserie Valerie. They were very understaffed which the manager told us when we arrived and that we could be waiting up to an hour - he then proceeded to tell every customer who came in after us the same thing, some of whom didn’t stay. We didn’t have to wait too long though and the food was nice. They had run out of strawberry jam so we were offered apricot or marmalade! (Which we did have to ask for) We chose the apricot, which was actually very nice. By the time the couple next to us received theirs, they had run out of jam completely so they were given honey!! All in all the food was nice, but I’m glad we hadn’t had to pay for it as I had a Red Letter Day voucher.
    I’m off work for the next couple of days so crafting is on the agenda.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A gorgeous card. Nice colours and a nice layout of the rectangles.
    We had a lot of rain during the night. It had stopped this morning and it was okay until 4pm here when the sky went black and thunder and lightning went on for around twenty minutes and the rain came down so hard that it was scary. We are having the patio cleaned tomorrow but if it's raining I;m not sure if he turn's up.
    Karen, hope you could rest up today after the weekend. Take care
    Sonia, we had lunch at our P. Valerie some weeks ago and we might not go back. Service was awful and food could have been better. Very disappointed after it's used to be one of our favs.
    Hope you had fun doing some crafting.
    Janet, hope you are alright ? Take care.
    Lilian, hope your back is getting better. Do take care tho if doing any kind of housework or gardening.
    Got my parcel from Temu today. Nice dresses, I will keep them but wont take them on holiday, can maybe wear some at home this summer. Like the dies, stencil and stamps I got tho. :>)
    Hoping your day was good and you got away from getting soaked going outside. Have a nice evening. Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a pretty card. I love the style and those stamps are lovely. Seeing your cream base card has reminded me that I must get some more as the colours you have used look so much nicer on cream font they. I hope you get lots of basil. You need lots if you use as much as we do.
    The weather was on and off rain all day and today it’s been quite muggy until it rained about 6pm. I finally got my hair cut today 🥰 it’s been nearly 9 weeks since the last cut when it’s normally very 4-5 weeks so it was much needed!
    Happy crafting Sonia on your days off xx
    Sending hugs to everyone. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone, what weather, terrible thunder storms near us, we had torrential downpour.
    The gas engineer came this afternoon, apparently it was a blocked flow pipes. We are lovely and warm and cosy, and have hot water again. Quite forgotten how bad it is to have no hot water.

    Lovely card today , such lovely soft colours, and cute squares.
    Hope you are well , hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Lovely different card today. Your design and colours you have used really compliment each other.
    Today we have had a mixture to weather, it was like we had all the seasons in one day but fortunately we didn’t get a heavy downpour until this evening, so any jobs John wanted to do he was able to do.
    Sleep well everyone ,goodnight, hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete