Wednesday 17 May 2023

A Fence Front Card

 



Good Morning Ladies, 

As you are reading this we will be on our to London for the day, its going to be a very long day, a fun and exciting day though. We don't often get to spend time with Becca on her own so I am really looking forward to it.  

We had a lovely sunny day yesterday,  fingers crossed it will be the same today.

Today's card was a little bit more fiddly than I anticipated but it looks really effective.   You basically make a normal top folding  4 1/4  X 5  1/2 inch card base and then put it in your trimmer and cut 5 X 1.5cm strips off the front of the card.  I then placed the card on a low tack mat and placed a piece of low tack adhesive inside the card to hold the strips in while I lined them up,


  you replace 4 of the five strips then cut another piece to make the fence posts.  



I used  ruler lined up with the markings on the mat to make sure I had my fence posts straight,  adding glue on each strip to hold the posts in place. 

That's the basic card made,  now onto the fun part...the decorating! 

I used my Dainty Delight stamp set and dies to stamp,  colour and die cut the flowers for the front of the card, I kept it simple using Berry Burst and Old Olive inks and blender pens to colour the flowers.   I adhered some of them flat, being careful to only add glue to the strips, or we would end up with the front stuck to the back, others I added foam pads to give some dimension.  I finished the card with the stamped sentiment and I added some tiny sparkles to the centres of a few of the flowers.

I hope that you all have a great Wednesday, 

Love & Hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 

7 comments:

  1. Morning everyone
    Sitting in a Costa just outside St Alban's with a coffee. We are seeing SIL for lunch but are a bit early hence the stop over.
    Love the card Sandra. Didn't understand first how you done it but reading the instructions again I got the gist 😊. Have a great day in London!
    Janet, thinking of you. Get better soon.
    Brenda, good news about the tests. Take care πŸ€—
    Have a nice day everyone and look after yourselves. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love your beautiful card today 😍 I agree with you about this technique being fiddly, yet the videos make it look so easy.
    Thank you all for the lovely Birthday cards and wishes 😘
    I hope you’re having a lovely day in London, and you all enjoy the show ☺️
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I hope you three are having a wonderful time together and that the show is good, and the weather too🀞xx
    A beautiful card. I love this technique, it looks so fancy. I would definitely need to be rechecking and rechecking to get the strips lined up properly 😏
    A silly day spent popping backwards and forwards to Tim to use their washing machine as our has finally given up the ghost yesterday. Why is it always when you have lots of laundry to do? Thank goodness Tim lives just a minute or two away! Have just about decided on which new one we are going for. It takes ages comparing different machines. Paige was helping me and we had to look up NFC meant. She came up with “No fancy cycles” as she had heard me saying about only using a few cycles when there are 15 or whatever on a machine. It actually means you can use your smart phone to programme your machine! I like her meaning more 🀭 Anyway I hope you are all having some lovely sunshine. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, going to be short today, had a terrible time at the dentist, she could only get half of the root out, no not feeling great.

    Sandra fascinating card today, very pretty.

    That’s all for today, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending extra hugs for you and hope you be ok. xx

      Delete
  5. I thought I’d already posted a comment! Clever technique I just know I’d end up with a very wonky fence!
    We went to a new Salsa venue last night We knew a couple of the teachers but not the organiser He immediately came over and introduced himself which was nice of him It was a lovely night and we enjoyed ourselves
    My blood sugars are a bit low and I’m trying to supervise OH making a cheese sauce at the moment which is eventful
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love today’s card, thank you for explaining the technique so clearly Not sure I would get everything as perfect as you have. 😁 xx
    Hope you all enjoyed your trip to London and spending the day with Becca, Oh and not forgetting the show at the Savoy Theatre. It’s a lovely little theatre. I went there with my sister when she lived in London.
    Lilian sorry you are suffering after your trip to the dentist, hope you manage to get a good nights sleep.
    Take care everyone, sleep well.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete