Saturday 20 May 2023

Mixed Up Saturday

 








Good Friday Morning Ladies,

What are you all up to this weekend?  The weather is forecast to be pleasant which is a bonus.  We have the village FΓͺte today,  tomorrow we have to make sure that every single Electric Socket is accessible as the electrician is coming Monday to check every one to make sure its wired correctly as there is something wrong on one if the ring mains apparently,  oh and all of our smoke detectors are years out of date, so he is replacing those (at long last).  Other than that there is the usual gardening jobs.  We haven't had any of the village plant sales this year, which we have really missed for picking up bargain bedding plants and herbs etc, apparently the bad weather at the start of the year meant that the plants didn't grow, I don't remember the weather being that bad but I guess it must have been.  We did buy some geraniums from Aldi last year and they were lovely. 

The photos above are from are trip to London, I really wanted a photograph of the Mall with all of the flags , so Paul dodged the traffic to get the shot!  The second photo is of our Creme Brulee Crepes from Boolay in the Seven Dials Market by Covent garden,  oh my they were so delicious πŸ˜‹!  I will be making that a tradition! 

Diecutting Essentials Issue 103



Issue 103 of Diecutting Essentials has 'Fruity' themed free gifts this month, the dies are Strawberry plants, the leaves, flowers & fruit.  The bonus stamp set is very 'Berry ' themed too. 


This first feature focuses on using your dies  the cards are all very sweet but not my cup of tea to be honest.  The free papers are pretty and the dotty and gingham papers could be used for any themed card.  There are some fun techniques too.



Technique Showcase:  This month the technique is all about making your sentiments stand out more by Ombre shading the background, the cards all look really effective and would make great cards for men & boys of all age.


 Back to Basics:  Die-cut Gatefold cards, you can use any die that has a shaped outline.  I love both of these inspiration cards.  These would be perfect for this weeks Challenge too. 



Expert Guide:  This months expert guide focuses on Wax Resist.   I must say that I absolutely love some of these backgrounds , the 'Wax Resist' was created using a White Oil Pastel crayon.  I'm sure there are other things you could use if you didn't have a White Oil Pastel,  however these backgrounds are that nice it might be worth investing in one.  I looked on Amazon and you can buy just white back and split the cost or mixed colours go for about £7.  I don't mind buying the all white pack and sharing them.



Sandra Rayner has used the dies to make so many lovely Strawberry themed creations, perfect for a summer picnic, she has a very creative mind.



Jessica has used the dies to make some absolutely gorgeous cards, some of those strawberries look so deliscious πŸ˜‹,  especially that basket of strawberries! 



Skills Booster:  Get your circle dies out!!  Look at the variety of projects Maria has created,  again some of them are perfect for our Fancy Fold challenge.  


This is how to make those rolled roses!  

Now I know you are going to be disappointed but I didn't include the feature : "A day in the life of Stephanie Weightman", I thought that it might just be the thing thst made you go and buy the issue, so I didn’t want to spoil it for you πŸ˜‰πŸ˜œπŸ€£πŸ˜‚

That's it for this review, if you like strawberries then you'll love this issue. 

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend, 

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx





5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Great quote πŸ˜‰
    Love the photo of The Mall 😊 Well done Paul for dodging the traffic, it’s a great shot ☺️ Your crepes look delicious πŸ˜‹
    A great magazine review with some lovely inspiration. I love the circles one, especially the easel card.
    I hope you enjoy the village fete today.
    I need to put together the mum and baby hamper today for Mollies baby shower tomorrow. I did think about making a nappy cake, but I’ve run out of time!
    Have a lovely day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review I don’t think this one is for me either
    I’m off to London today I am meeting friends to go to the Aladdin Sane exhibition and later OH is coming up and we’re going to the London Palladium for a Strictly Come Dancing show which I’m quite intrigued about and I’m not going to Google it so that it’s a nice surprise
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at The Mall last week and managed to take a couple of photos It still looked breathtaking

      Delete
  3. HI everyone
    Like the photos, glad you had a good day even if it was long Sandra. Hoping you are alright after the journey home.
    Thanks for the magazine review. I like this magazine but this one is not for me even if I like the strawberry die.
    Have a lovely day Karen, Sandra and anyone going out for something special today. Sun is shining but still a nip in the air. Washing hanging on the line. Good to see the King size bedding looking like a sail in the breeze.
    Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, very sunny here today, if a little breezy, very warm.

    Love that saying fits me to a T.

    Good magazine review, I had one a few years ago with strawberries in it, looks very similar.

    Hope you are all well . Lilian

    ReplyDelete