Saturday 27 May 2023

Mixed Up Saturday

 






πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸΎ Happy 60th Birthday πŸΎπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ
Maria

Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

Lets wish our lovely Maria a Wonderful 60th Birthday, I hope you have an absolutely amazing day celebrating your very Special birthday πŸ₯°πŸ˜˜

What a glorious start to the weekend,  yesterday was beautiful,  lets hope it lasts!  Sophie and I went to do the food shopping yesterday as she had the day off,  the shops were so busy however,  there was still a good range of salad bits, however the BBQ type foods were all gone,  it wasn't a problem for us but does make us laugh as some people are ao predictable!  We aren't really BBQ people, I think they are a faff and create so much work,  we have a gas grill that we take to Spain, cooking outdoors on holiday is a totally different experience. Do you ladies like Barbecuing?  

How gorgeous are Lilian's poppies?? They are so beautiful,  do you have many Lilian, it would be lovely to have a border full of them,  sadly they don't last long though.  Thank you so much for sharing them with us XXX

Creative Stamping Issue 122



Issue 122 is all about tea and biscuits,  the free gifts are all tea & biscuit themed, the magazine stamps are all kinds of biscuits, cakes and hot drinks!  There is an extra free stamp set from Crafters Companion that is a stack of teacups.  



This first feature shares ideas for cards using masking. Some of those biscuits look so real.



Oh these cards are so pretty,  they all have a lovely Vintage tearoom style.  So grab your doilies, paper flowers and pretty papers and get creating beautiful cards.




Have you ever Heat Embossed your Dry Embossing??
You add Versamark or your chosen clear ink to the embossing folder then heat set, your embossed areas will now be enhanced with heat embossing.  Some of the featured backgrounds are lovely. 




Sarah uses layered stamping to create some pretty teacup cards, I really love the colours she has used for these cards .



Now it says 'bring your one layer stamping to life' with this blackout technique!  
Let me add a touch of reality here, I tried something very similar to this technique, you embossed a piece of card and added colour to the raised areas, you then 'simply' take a sharpie or your choice of black alcohol marker and colour everything apart from the embossed areas, in this case its heat embossed which may be easier,  you will need a black fine liner to get to the more detailed area.  My attempt was a complete and utter disaster,  my black alcohol pen looked a different colour to the fineliner, which stick out like a sore thumb, that was the least of the problems though, 2 different attempts went straight in the bin!  I might give this method a try just to see, but I doubt it.  The cards look very effective though!  



Man cards inspired by the themed stamps, some fun ideas.



Vanessa has created some incredible gifts and teatime treats with the free stamps, there are some lovely background papers created for these projects. 



Finally some 'Clean & Simple ' cards all created with the free stamps.  These would be perfect for this weeks challenge.

This issue has some lovely cards,  not sure if they are really my 'cup of tea' though.

********************

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend my lovelies,

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 





6 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIA. Have the best of birthdays with lots of crafty presents and family.

    I have all sorts of things planned -in my head- and maybe some may escape.lol.
    The sun is already shining so a good weather day is forecast.
    LILIAN I love love love your poppies so full of love and beauty.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s lovely to see you in Janet
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIA HOPE YOU HAVE A FABULOUS TIME
    The magazine looks interesting and I agree I’m not sure I would use it I do have a couple of dies that are tea party inspired anyway
    We’re off to a 40th birthday do this evening- a meal at a Turkish restaurant There’ll be about 10 of us I’m really looking forward to it
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to say a huge Thank you for my Birthday wishes and also for my lovely cards. Thank you my wonderful friends !! ❤ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone, another lovely sunny day, having my cup of tea outside it’s that warm already.

    Judging by the amount of craft “stuff”in my room I guess I must be very immoral !!!

    Had small rooted piece of the poppies from Jason, they spread very easily, so we have them spotted all over the garden. They like light soil and full sun, the ones in the shade do have anywhere as many flowers.

    Nothing planned for the weekend, the road is very busy already, so I think we will be spending time in the garden, which is OK with me.

    Might have a play with my new Tim Holtz stamps, they are great stamps, best I’ve bought in years.
    Hope you all have a lovely day. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    A very Happy Birthday Maria, have a lovely day 😊 xx
    Great quote 😊
    Lilian your poppies are so beautiful. It always makes me smile seeing the odd ones here and there along the roadsides.
    A great magazine review, with some lovely articles. Not sure the stamps would be something I’d use either, but they seem to be quite popular at the moment.
    I hope you’re all enjoying the beautiful weather and having a lovely day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Happy birthday Maria. I hadn’t realised it was a landmark birthday. I hope you’ve had a lovely day. xx
    Lillian, your poppies are so beautiful, such a vibrant red they must make a beautiful show in your garden.
    Sandra, thank you for the magazine review. It looks really interesting so many brilliant articles.
    We had the daughters and granddaughter Tierney here from late morning. It was lovely the weather was so beautiful, we were able to sit out in the garden.
    I hope everyone has had a good day.
    Linda and Terry, I hope you are both well, thinking of you. XX
    Sending love and hugs to you all Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete