Thursday 25 May 2023

Magic Window Card Tutorial

 








Here is the Tutorial for these Magic Window Cards


Good Thursday Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all having a good day, hugs to those that are feeling rough, especially Janet & Sue, also those of you that are coping with the same daily struggles XXX  

We had another glorious day here yesterday, I know I keep saying it but the biggest buzz for me is getting the washing dry, I event did a mid week refresh of our bed sheets just because I knew they would be dry without having the dryer on for ages, although we definitely forgot to put the bedding on the bed before we went out to the Cinema so that gave me major regrets when we got back at after 11pm and still had to make the bed, when all I wanted to do was flop into it.  It was worth it though as there is no greater pleasure that clean, fresh bedding, not that it helped me sleep though, I think the emotional rollercoaster film we saw at the cinema and a few other 'sad frustrations' were playing on my mind, I laid for about 45 minutes trying to relax and try different methods of encouraging sleep but nothing worked so I played a card game and did a Sudoku, which worked eventually!  I have a quiet day on my own today as Paul is in the office, so I think I will have a play with my new Tim Holtz Mixed media Mat. You can't beat a bit of messy crafting to keep your mind busy!  It looked really good and one thing I have struggled with the 'smooshing ' technique, I have always used my glass mat, the inks just pool together, in the video demonstrating the mat Tim explained exactly why that happens and that on this mat and any 'proper' craft mat (not oven tray liner alternatives).  I was watching as he smooshed his inks and they just sat in their little area with the tiny little spots and dots that give so much interest when we smoosh!  So watch this space, I will let you know how I get on with it, now that I finally have it in my hands! 

Today I have shared some 'Magic Window' cards, as you open the card the two side pieces open up to reveal a hidden message or picture, it really is a 'Fun' card that will no doubt bring a smile to its recipient.  I have linked the video in the photo above and as a link below for you to click on and watch at your leisure.  Sonia followed the 'Twist & Pop' tutorial the other day and I can't wait to show you the card she made, it is stunning!! 

Link to Magic Window Tutorial:

Magic Window YouTube Tutorial

There is also a link to the original blog post back in 2018 that gives all the measurements etc......

Magic Window Blog post

I hope that you find the tutorial helpful and maybe get a little inspiration.

Sending my love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                                                                                          xxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love the look of your beautiful cards today. I’ll watch your video after work. I crafted along to your twist card tutorial yesterday, and it was really easy to follow 😊 Thank you for sharing with us, you are a natural tutor and I’m so pleased with how my card turned out 😘
    I hope you’re ok, and had a better night 🥰 Shame Paul has to work today, and you’re on your own, isn’t it Thursdays that Sue comes to craft with you? Have a good time if she does.
    Lilian, I hope the dentist goes well xx
    Hope you all have a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    I hope today hasn’t been to stressful for you Sandra, it’s always reassuring when someone else is in the house even if they are in another room, you know that you can always call on them if needed. xx
    Thank you for the link to make today’s card, I enjoyed watching it, it was easy to follow so I will definitely be giving this one a go.🤞I can get it right. xx
    Lilian, thinking of you and hope the visit to the dentist went well and you are not in to much pain.
    I wanted to go to the post office earlier, John as always offered to go for me. The bus stop is just on the main road and it’s only three stops so I said I could manage. I also had a nosy in Superdrug’s and then in Iceland as the return bus stop is near Iceland. When I got back home I couldn’t believe how tired I was. Still it was good to get out and be independent. Pleased to say I’ve recovered now.
    Sue I hope you are feeling better 😘 sending caring hugs. xx
    Take care everyone, love and hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Fabulous cards Sandra and thanks for the video tutorials.
    Twist and turn, looking forward to see yours Sonia. I have struggled in two days but tried again this afternoon so am 75% happy 😊. I used my dies for it, can't do inches 🤭
    Lilian, hope you are ok after being to the dentist 🙏.
    Sue, so hope you are feeling better and no more migraine
    I had doktor this morning, feet have gone very swollen lately and as we flying on Tuesday morning I just wanted to check incase of blood clots. It came back negativt .More blood test to be taken in July and then OH had hospital appointment so it was full go today 😊
    I hope you had a nice day everyone with whatever you were doing. Take care. Many hugs to you all, xx

    ReplyDelete