Tuesday 16 May 2023

Flower Pot Easel card

 





πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ˜˜πŸŽ‚ Happy Birthday Sonia πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰ 🎈 


Good Morning Ladies, 

First up today please join me in wishing our Lovely Sonia a Very Happy Birthday,  I hope you have an amazing day celebrating your birthday with your family ❤️,  by the way I saw the chocolate cake (above) and thought of you 😘

A glorious sunny day here yesterday,  I am hoping it lasts as Becca,  Paul & I are off to London tomorrow as Becca bought tickets for us to see Pretty Woman at the Savoy Theatre, for me for Mothers Day, it was originally going to be just Becca and I but she can't manage to push my wheelchair as her elbow is (a) too painful) & (b) she can't physically straighten her arm so that wasn't going to work,  so she asked if Paul could have the day off to come with us and to be perfectly honest that makes the day more enjoyable for me too as I can relax, not having to feel guilty about someone having to push me around, also getting on and off the Bus can be a challenge, so knowing I have Paul to support me is a comfort, it also makes me happier as I know Becca can relax and enjoy the trip too, mostly though I love spending time with Paul so it makes the experience even more enjoyable,  having said that Becca only decided on this date last Thursday, thankfully Paul could get the day off.  

Today's card is a fun easel card, using the 'Hues of Happiness' papers, I made the usual Easel card base that measures 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 inch, I then created a plant pot shape by taking a piece of card 4 x 3 3/4 inch and made a mark 3/4 inch in from each side and lined up the mark and corner of that piece of card in my trimmer and take that little piece off each side to give the flower pot shape. I then cut a 3/4 inch rectangle to make the pot top.  I adhered the pot to the bottom of that top flap, then added the pot top on foam pads for dimension, to decorate I die cut lots of the flowers and arranged them on top of the pot using foam pads, adding leaves to break up the flowers.  I used a piece of ribbon to embellish the pot and stamped the sentiment and raised it foam pads to create the stopper for the easel.  I think it makes a fun card, I may try and do one in a different colour.  Oh it folds flat for posting too.


I hope you all have a lovely day, especially Our Sonia, 

Hugs to Janet & Lynda, you are in our thoughts ladies xxx 

Love & hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx



12 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Thank you so much my lovely 😘 That cake looks delicious πŸ˜‰
    Not doing much today, we will get a Chinese takeaway tonight and there’s a bottle of Prosecco in the fridge 😊 I’ll wait to open my cards and presents when everyone is home 😊
    I hope you, Paul and Becca have a lovely day and enjoy the show.
    I love your card today, it’s beautiful 😍
    Karen, Happy Birthday wishes to Alan 😊
    Have a lovely day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸŽ‚πŸ·πŸ’HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIAπŸ’πŸ·πŸŽ‚ Sorry your card will be arriving late but I hope you have had a lovely day and been spoilt rotten xx

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Sonia Enjoy your special day
    We went out dancing last night and our daughter and her fiancΓ© came too Ot was lovely and Stel the organiser made a real fuss of him which I think he was secretly chuffed about
    We have no plans today We hope to see daughter and grandchildren later and he may partake in the drinking of an odd Guinness or two!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning everyone
    Happy Birthday to our Sonia πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸ°πŸ’. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the Chinese and prosecco tonight πŸ˜‰
    Fabulous card Sandra, love the fold.
    Have a great time in London and enjoy the show.
    Believe this nice weather is for the week but it needs to get warmer, the wind is so cold . Trying to sit on our patio yesterday did not work for very long.
    Hospital this morning so best get going.
    Have a nice day everyone and many hugs to you all πŸ€—.
    Ps Birthday wishes for Alan Karen πŸ₯³

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊 Hope everything ok and you get on ok at hospital xx

      Delete
  4. Hello All, lovely sunshine again, it doesn’t look so windy today, so hopefully warmer.

    Sonia , happy Birthday, hope you have a lovely day, card will be with you soon. Sorry it’s late.

    Sandra, your card is stunning, must have taken an age.
    Hope you enjoy the show, and London isn’t too busy. A lovely Mother’s Day present.

    Have a good day all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Sonia i hope you have had a lovely day xx
    Sandra I hope you all enjoy your trip to London and the show tomorrow. It will be great having Becca and Paul sharing the day with you, so pleased Paul managed to get the day off.
    LOVE the flower pot card, you have put so much into it, it really is beautiful.
    Enjoy your day tomorrow, Big Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Beautiful card today, that design and colours are gorgeous. I like making stepper cards, must do them more often! Have s lively trip to London and enjoy the show. As you say you will just enjoy having time with Paul and Becca won’t you xx
    Maria, I hope your hospital visit went as well as it could xx
    Karen, Happy Birthday to Alan xx
    Sending love to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete