Wednesday 3 May 2023

A 'using up bits' card

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

Here we are in the middle of the week already, it will be Friday before we know it.  Was wasn't as warm yesterday but it was pleasant and we managed to get two loads of washing dry,  I know I'm sad but I do love seeing bedding blowing on the line, then came the excitement of getting into a freshly laundered bed sheets, duvet cover etc, bliss!   Oh and it was 'turn the mattress' day yesterday too, so felt like a new bed,  we don't 'turn' it over as it has a special top layer but we rotate every 8 weeks. The company send a reminder 🤣

Today's card was inspired by the many cards made using this lovely Designer Series paper called Perfectly Pencilled, I had some odds and ends to use (before I cut into a brand new sheet) the original was by Kylie Page.                                                             I sat and fussy cut lots of different bits from off cuts of the paper, coloured the leaves and flower centres and then I cut a piece of white card and arranged my fussy cut pieces all around the edge of the rectangle and trimmed off any excess bits.  Once I was happy with the layout I stuck them all down  and added a Butterfly from the same paper. To finisb I die cut a little tag, coloured some twine to match the card and added a pre printed sentiment.  

I hope that you all have a great day,

Love & hugs to all,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card SANDRA That little pop of green brings it to life and what a lovely way to use up bits
    Yesterday was lovely and sunny but very cold I did feel silly going for a walk in a padded coat In beautiful sunshine
    OH is playing bowls tonight So after a little roll-up this afternoon I shall be staying to watch
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning everyone
    Love today's card SANDRA.No one would guess that it's made up of saved bits.

    Today I have to do my Tesco order and then empty my bag from yesterday. After that who knows probably more than a few cups of coffee lol.

    HUGS are winging their way to you all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love this card. Beautiful layout and colouring in.
    Not sure what I'm making yet. After being to town yesterday my plans for the afternoon never happened and today I got the gardener in so just keeping an eye on him while OH is dealing with the gasman. This afternoon I'm doing facetime with my parents and it's usually for an hour or more and then I'm done for the day.
    Janet, did you go to K & N ? What are you making at the moment ?
    Sending hugs to you all and wish you well and to enjoy this Wednesday. Take care 🤗 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all, sunny today, but more cloud and a bit chilly.
    Sandra love that paper you have used, good card made from leftovers, must admit I’m bad I just throw most of in the bin.

    Pinterest back to normal so shall have a browse to find some inspiration. Hope you are all having a good day, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Love your card today, it’s beautiful 😍
    Another lovely sunny day, but a bit breezy.
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love today’s card, what a great way to use up your bits.
    Managed to get out in the garden for a while today it was lovely out there but I needed a nap when I came in. It certainly gives the body a boost getting outside in the fresh air and a bonus if the sun is shining.
    Hope that your day has been good.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete