Good Friday Morning Ladies,
I hope that you are all as well as can be expected, I am sending gentle hugs to anyone that needs one.
My day started off a bit gloomy and quiet, the weather was miserable, Paul was in the office Soph was off work but she was busy painting, I woke after a really rough night, I think that the heat/humidity combined with an insane thirst/dry mouth from the Turkish food had me unable to drink enough to quench my thirst and help with my dry mouth (my medications side effect is dry mouth too, without the added garlic and spices). So after very little sleep I started the day with a miserable headache. I reset my alarm and tried to get a couple of extra hours sleep. I pushed myself to get up going, Soph kindly bought my a cup of tea to get my day started off which helped. My lonely day got brighter when Sue came over for a cuppa and catch up, she also bought me some beautiful flowers and chocolate biscuits 😋. Now if any of you ladies like a Tunnocks Caramel biscuit bar, then now have a version that is coated in toasted coconut, I didn't think caramel and coconut went together but my goodness I was wrong, they are delicious, they girls set their eyes on them and both loved them, we will be looking out for them when we go shopping.
Thank you Sue for coming to visit and for the lovely flowers.
I literally don't know what I would do without the constant support that I get from you, my wonderful Blog Family ❤️
After chatting through the afternoon with Sue, I didn't prepare anything for today's post. With my headache returning, I couldn't think of what to create, Lucy was in the middle of making my birthday card, she came down asking if I had any patterned paper that looked like 'planks of wood ', I knew that I had some, so pulled out a couple of boxes to look through, thankfully I found a selection quickly, whilst sorting through I found a couple of little 'Die Cut' books that I bought years ago from 'The Works ', I noticed that one of them had butterflies on, so that was perfect. I cut a 5 1/4 inch square card base and popped on the background piece from the book, I edged the pieces with ink, placed the vintage style photograph onto the background, I only added glue down the centre to allow me to tuck things underneath it. I tucked in the little bits and pieces that was included for this card. Inking the edges of each piece. I finished with the butterflies to tie in with our mini challenge.
Not sure what our plans are for today, we'll see what the weather is like.
I am crossing everything that the headache and nausea have disappeared overnight as I felt quite unwell when I went to bed last night. 🤞🤞🤞
I hope that you all have a good day
Love and hugs to all of you,
Sandra xxx


Hi everyone
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Sandra, I hope you’re feeling better and have a lovely day whatever you decide to do 🥰😘🎂🥳🥂
Great card today and a lovely reminder.
Have a good day everyone
Hugs to you all xx
Happy Birthday Sandra. To our very own Queen of crafting. Have a wonderful day 💖 🥳
ReplyDeleteI hope that you feeling better so you can enjoy the day whatever Paul and the girls are coming up with xx
A sweet card. I can see her sitting there making little faces to herself in the mirror 😊
Going out for breakfast later on and back home I really hope that mojo is back so I can do some crafting this afternoon 🤞
Lilian, I feel for you. The pain in the legs is horrible to have. Hope it gets better as the day goes.
Sending hugs to you all and wish you a nice day. Maria xxx
Many Happy Returns of the Day Sandra, hope you have a lovely day and you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteCute card today, very different from your usual style.
Today’s reminder really hits the mark, couldn’t manage without all the support I get from everyone, especially R.
I ordered a new printer from Argos on Monday, which was supposed to be delivered yesterday, didn’t arrive and no email to say it’s on the way. Hopping it will be here today.
Hope you all have a good day. Lilian
🎂💐🥳Happy Birthday to my lovely wonderful bestie 🥳💐🎂Have a great day whatever you choose to do but I’m still not sure about trying a bungee jump though 🤣🤣
ReplyDeleteIt was so good to finally get to see you my lovely. Love you loads 🥰 I hope you are feeling better this morning. And also hope the weather is kind to you Love the page and sentiment. What a little cutie and those little butterflies add a lovely touch don’t they.
We have sunshine here at the moment with a clear sky but it’s meant to rain later.
I am starting to unpack some of my craft stash today. I am going to be ruthless and donate the things I won’t use again to either our village school as they are always grateful for card, or local charity shops. An IKEA trip is needed for other things so I hope to find the best storage there as they have loads and the prices are usually really good.
Have a good day whatever you are all up to. Take care. Love Sue xx
Happy Birthday Sandra I hope you feel better and can enjoy being spoiled
ReplyDeleteGreat card but I have to say I’m not a fan of these old photograph styles
The funeral went as well as could be expected Our friend did a spectacular job with the food and decorating the hall We didn’t get home until 9pm
Got the boys this morning and going to the trampoline park Daughter doesn’t normally work on a Friday but is using the time to finish packing
Going dancing tonight Yay!
Take care everyone xx