Tuesday, 4 August 2026

A butterfly journal page




Good Morning Ladies,

Lilian I hope that all went well yesterday and your journey to recovery is going well. 😘

We had another very warm day yesterday,   it was around 31° early afternoon,   we didn't bother going outside until just after 5pm,  we had a wander down the veg plot as I haven't seen it for over a week,   I was shocked to see that the french beans had grown up the pole about 2 feet and had flowers on, we planted more because our original ones had been neglected while we were away and consequently hadn't really grown,  thankfully now they are back being watered they have grown to about 8 feet,  fingers crossed they give us a few beans,  I also popped in about 60 leeks,  that were half price at garden centre,   we eat a lot of leeks in autumn and winter, so would be lovely to have our own.  


I had to look into this one,   it basically reminds you that your value as a human being cannot be devalued my external factors,  your worth cannot be changed by past mistakes or failures or other peoples opinions.  It doesn't alter who you are because of your body shape, weight or age, or if you struggle mentally or physically.  

I think its all to easy to be hard on yourself,  I am definitely guilty of it,  "wishing I  was more able"  or feeling "guilty for being a burden " are just two examples.  

I have been better in my thought since being interested in these daily reminders,  it has definitely made me think more about how I feel and think.  

Here are a couple of ideas for changing negative thinking about yourself....





Today I am sharing a butterfly themed journal page that I made last week,  I used my 49 & Market "Faded Memory Lane " collection. I was inspired by a Pinterest post. 

I used Antique Linen & Tea Dye Oxide sprays for the base colour of the background, when dry I used a stencil and added Faded Jeans Oxide spray,  I liked how it turned out 😍

I added a bit of stamping around the edges of the background, then picked out a selection of ephemera,  tags and labels from both the ephemera pack and their die cut selection.  I added the three butterflies to the large label as a focal point and then added the sentiment and added the blue flowers.  

I hope that you all have a good day, 

Love and hugs to all of you 

Sandra xxx 

2 comments:

  1. I hope op went well Lilian and that you’re not in too much pain
    I wasn’t sure about today’s reminder and it’s all very well trying different tips but sometimes (especially the third one) it’s not that easy
    Hope to shopping- or at least window shopping for carpet today at the moment I like one we’ve seen and OH hates it!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, hope you are all well and coping with the heat, Lillian. I hope everything is alright with you and your operation went well Thinking of you and sending gentle hugs.
    I wasn’t sure about today’s reminder, but thank you Sandra for looking into it and giving us more information.
    Our garden isn’t looking as good as it usually does. I’ve tried to keep the pots going because we can’t use too much water although it’s such a shame just a little bit more water and everything would look so lovely. Sandra, good luck with those leeks I love leek and potato soup and sometimes I will cook them Covered with a white cheese sauce they are quite versatile vegetable, so I’m sure you’ll be enjoying everything you add them to
    Take care everyone have a good day, love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete